Forum Help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2009 12:00 AM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

I created a new thread yesterday (3rd) about builders water supply but it keeps giving an error when I try to access it and it does not show in any searches.

Is there a problem with EOS?

Like 0      
04 May 2009 1:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Big problems at the moment Dennis, all over the weekend and unfortunately continuing today.

Mark

Like 0      
04 May 2009 7:28 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

64 viruses and EOS is an unsafe site!!!!

Like 0      
04 May 2009 7:43 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Well, it's obviously not that "unsafe" because we've all been able to post on it at this specific time and we're still up and running!!  Personally, I haven't had a problem (save for being unable to get to the site when it was "service unavailable"), but then I use a Mac so don't know whether that makes a difference (ie lots of these threats are written for windows and not macs).

But we're all still here and posting - so obviously Justin and the team and doing their bit!!  And probably missing out on a lot of sleep in the interim!!

EOS team, hopefully it will be sorted soon - then just take time out and relax in the sun!!  You will most certainly deserve it!!

Like 0      
04 May 2009 9:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Dennis, your thread probably got lost in the transfer to the new server.  You may want to start it up again.

We did have an issues today at which point my heart sank very deep, so we took the site offline temporarily whilst we sorted it.

I am happy to say that we have an incredibly clean site and server now.  In fact the server processer is just massively busy all the time now just checking for potential attacks.  It means the site may run a little slower but if it keeps those *&%#^&%3 away then I can live with that.

I'll also be able to sleep well tonight.

Tish, I assume you are referring to Norton.  It will take a few days for them to bring their status of Eye on Spain up to date.

Thanks for everyone's patience.  It's been a huge learning experience all this for us and has left us shattered.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 May 2009 9:49 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Hi justin,

Yes, I have Norton 360. When I did a virus check and scan, nothing found bar 1 threat. It is a cookie which I always seem to have.

Hope you have a good nights rest after all the hard work..

Tish

Like 0      
04 May 2009 11:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Fine now, thanks.

Like 0      
05 May 2009 12:10 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes It is fine............again after a heart stopping blip!

Let's drop it now ok?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
05 May 2009 12:42 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Fibby, that blip was us just installing another firewall.  I crashed the server (we really should do these things late at night )

Well, all seems to be more or less stable.  I am really getting some sleep now and then off to the gym in the morning to destress.

See you all later.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 May 2009 12:51 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Justin, sometimes it just won't allow links to work, they bomb out. However, it does seem to come back but I've lost a few posts & PMs tonight. I bet you're wacked. Sleep well.

Like 0      
05 May 2009 7:48 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Justin! Our encouragement and support from here!

Please let us know if we can help somehow!

Maria L. de Castro

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

driving on someones insurance - 0 posts
Decisions, decisions - 3 posts
Community Pools - 3 posts
Lawyer not providing final costings after completion. - 3 posts
It's BACK.......... - 20 posts
Builders Water Supply - 0 posts
Great 2bed 2,5 bath large apartment to rent in Casares - 0 posts
Form 214 vs 210 - 0 posts
Comunidad through EOS - 1 posts
buying beds - 2 posts
Now for the good part!!!! - 7 posts
10-year new-build guarantee (not!) - 8 posts
Paradores - 0 posts
May day - 1 posts
looking for cheap offers - 9 posts
Diabetes in Spain - 10 posts
Spain not alone in land grabbing? - 23 posts
Open House by Atlantic Club in Tarifa ( Dos Mares) - 3 posts
150 subsidies for an amount of €300 granted to retired and pensioners registered to be living in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Wheel assembly for sliding patio doors - 1 posts
amba1 - 3 posts
Making Friends - 1 posts
Buying a car in spain - 0 posts
Hi All Info/Help request - 2 posts
wealth tax - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x