It's BACK..........

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2009 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I have missed EOS for the past couple of days.........every time I have tried to get on the site a virus warning has popped up. Poor old Justin has had several messages on facebook from me.....and now we are BACK !!

Thank goodness for that!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 May 2009 6:23 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

OMG Karen what a nightmare weekend we've had! 

We have only just got on top of everything, some few things to do still, but it's looks like we're more or less back.

Will post some more details later after I've had the first rest of the weekend.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 May 2009 7:07 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

YEAH!!!!

I thought I had done it Justin!

I got so many virus warnings as I surfed the site, that I created a thread about it

As soon as I hit "post new thread" the site went down!

I have been panic stricken!!!!

Thanks goodness it's back and all seems fine................no virus warnings!!!

Welcom back EOS!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
03 May 2009 8:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Glad you got it sorted Justin. The people that do this for sun should be strung up and left to rot .

Mark

Like 0      
03 May 2009 8:18 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi all;

As at 2115 local still cant get into EOS via Firefox but ok in IE7

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
03 May 2009 8:19 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

People will do anything for "sun" Mark!

Sorry, couldn't resist that!

So, was it a hacker, causing a virus?

Some peeps on here were using vicious tongues the other day..........

Maybe they have the knowledge to know how to do this sort of thing?

Saddoes..............................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 May 2009 8:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

People will do anything for "sun" Mark!

B*gger, missed that . I suppose that's what you get for spending the afternoon on the beer!!

Mark

Like 0      
03 May 2009 8:48 PM by nick.linda Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

We have Norton Internet Security on our computer and they have a traffic light system for each web site. When we visit EOS site it is bringing up a red light with the message " site unsafe -64 computer threats".  This site has always had a green light -i.e. safe site, until today. If Justin has fixed the problem, maybe Norton has not re-assessed the site yet. Is anyone else getting a red light for EOS site with Norton?

Nick & Linda

Like 0      
03 May 2009 8:56 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I am getting the virus warning AGAIN.................

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 May 2009 11:17 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

I tried on saturday to access the EOS site unable to, finally managed to log on sunday, but norton anti-virus warning site not safe.

Like 0      
03 May 2009 11:47 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Before I go to bed and have a first proper night's sleep since Friday, I thought I'd just explain what happened.

At around 6pm on Friday the server seemed to slow down and it rebooted itself.  Around that time morerosado told me that a certain thread had tried to install a virus on her PC.

I took a look straight away but couldn't see anything.  We carried on having a look and soon realised that something was wrong.  It looked like the server had been compromised.  So we turned the website off to protect everyone.

We worked flat out all weekend to move the site and clean the pages and now it's on a brand new server and we've put every possible anti-virus running on it.  If this server goes down again I'm calling it a day.

Anyway, we managed to catch it very quick on Friday so there is very little risk to anyone.  I will be sending an email about this tomorrow but if anyone is worried please get in touch with me.

Anyway, just to put everyone's mind at rest here is a copy of the message from Google giving us the all clear:

"A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate."

I assume Norton and the others will soon reflect this too.

Sorry about that, we will try and make sure it never happens again but these things just get more sneaky and clever all the time so we can only try our best to combat them.

Off to bed now for a very deserved decent night's sleep.

Buenas noches a todos.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 May 2009 5:57 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Call it a day?

Justin...........don't you dare!

Still getting the followin virus warnings:

JS/Pakes

Exploit Realplay

Exploit

Hopefully, as you say, it will take a while for the warnings to go away.

Keep up the hard work Justin, don't let the b*ggers get you down.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
04 May 2009 7:27 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Hi Justin...

Part of the deal...

I am sure it will be fully solved now.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 May 2009 9:32 AM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Some of the forum threads are not working correctly! I created a new one under Forum Help and it now comes up with an error.

Like 0      
04 May 2009 9:32 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Justin

well done for sorting it. All seems ok now on my PC at least.

Like 0      
04 May 2009 10:09 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Justin - good to see you back - I missed you!!

I didn't realise just how often I log on to check the latest news and chat!

... and don't even think of giving up, you provide a great service.

Like 0      
04 May 2009 10:16 AM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Well done Justin  . Don't give up .

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
04 May 2009 11:51 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just logged in for today and AVG reported the virus warnings again (Exploit.RealPlay and real1.js). Is it something in the javascript menus? Just cleaned the laptop again.

Mark

Like 0      
04 May 2009 12:08 PM by jturner Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

jturner´s avatar

Hi Justin,

On friday evening the Trogan xxyou.net/msn.gif was being blocked on each page of EOS by my Internet Security which is Kaspersky 8.0.

Today although the site is up and running Kaspersky is still proactivley blocking another Trogan www. brahms/images/msn.gif it has identified this as Trogan.JS agent.aat is this content required by your code or it malicious?

My system security is blocking this Trogan so this is just to inform you that this is happening.

Like 0      
04 May 2009 12:14 PM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

Justin,

Glad the site is back up again. I was getting withdrawal symtoms without my daily dose of EOS.

Markfish,

If these are scripts that are being run have you tried a program called "NoScript". I use Firefox and NoScript is an add-on to it. This stops scripts running unless you give permission. This permission can be temporary ( this session only) or permanent. If there is more than one script on the page you can choose which script to allow or deny.

Although this won't stop them putting these things on the webpage it will stop them running without you knowing as you have to give permission for them to run.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Builders Water Supply - 0 posts
Great 2bed 2,5 bath large apartment to rent in Casares - 0 posts
Form 214 vs 210 - 0 posts
Comunidad through EOS - 1 posts
buying beds - 2 posts
Now for the good part!!!! - 7 posts
10-year new-build guarantee (not!) - 8 posts
Paradores - 0 posts
May day - 1 posts
looking for cheap offers - 9 posts
Diabetes in Spain - 10 posts
Spain not alone in land grabbing? - 23 posts
Open House by Atlantic Club in Tarifa ( Dos Mares) - 3 posts
150 subsidies for an amount of €300 granted to retired and pensioners registered to be living in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Wheel assembly for sliding patio doors - 1 posts
amba1 - 3 posts
Making Friends - 1 posts
Buying a car in spain - 0 posts
Hi All Info/Help request - 2 posts
wealth tax - 2 posts
new comers mags and colm - 0 posts
Alfredos in San Pedro - 14 posts
Electric Readings - 0 posts
HELP.........need directions to thermal baths in Fortuna...one with campsite please - 2 posts
Taxes in Spain - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x