Thought Id telll you my expirience

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

I bought through Costa Properties, who originally had an office in Bolton. This then closed + evereything is done via the Spainish office, in Santiago de Ribeira.
Stupidly I listend to the salesman, Des, + the manger Michelle, who said that if I bought 2 properties there would be no problem selling it before completion.
I forgot to say that Duncan who used to work for Costa properties + then the builder, Grupo Palacios Mar, was also involved in this.
Needles to say I'm still waiting for them to sell on the property + the builder has just cancelled the contract, so I've lost my deposit.
I wouldn't recommend Costa Properties or Grupo Palacios Mar builders or Antonio Perez their solictor

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 11:20 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Milli,

This sound dreadful!

We have a lawyer onthis forum called Maria De Castro, I am not sure of your situation, but if you PM her, she mauy be ale to advise you.

It would be great if you could get your deposit back, try Maria, she has helped many EOS members.

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 5:51 PM by stephenhodgkiss Star rating in UK. 22 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Yes I too fell foul of Des and the rest of them. I bought 3 apartments in Limon Mar in Formentera through built by Palacios Mar.

Des disappeared and the office in Santiago did absolutely nothing to help me. Michelle made promises she never kept. I bought them to sell on but they all knew this wouldn't be possible. I ended up buying 2 of them, completed the purchases in Feb 2007. The offices in Liverpool somewhere never ever called me to ask if the purchase went well.

They are just a bunch of cowboys, who make their commission and then do nothing.

In august I moved furniture into one of them, and fitted lights etc to both of them. Later that month, it rained heavily and it identified leaking solariums. All the bathroom ceiling went black with mould. Eventually this spread over the whole apartment and the other one next door.

They have now fixed the problem and say they have redecorated one apartment. They now have to do the other one. IT HAS TAKEN THEM 5 MONTHS.

Palacios Mar's reputation for after sales service is very bad. I am not alone with my opinions.

I am sick of the whole experience over the last few years, with various companies and developers, even the British there take the mickey. You don't live there and you can't keep popping over to sort things out.

NEVER AGAIN. The whole place is full of con-artists.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 8:26 PM by Gillian1 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Can I share our experience

We sent monies through an agent OVP to purchase an apartment in Estepona 5 years later after the property being completed for over a year we are still no nearer completion

Can anyone message me who has the same problem

jill

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 8:26 PM by Gillian1 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Can I share our experience

We sent monies through an agent OVP to purchase an apartment in Estepona 5 years later after the property being completed for over a year we are still no nearer completion

Can anyone message me who has the same problem

jill

Like 0      
16 Mar 2008 12:11 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Milli:

THat cancellation they made might be challenged.

If it was legal ( which we would need to check) what it is sure by now, even not checking on the legal or illegal character of the cancellation is that they cannot keep the whole deposit as a penalty. That is against Consumers and Contract Law as it is a non proportionated penalty in their favour and against you.

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

All Things Sports - 301 posts
San Cayetano Quarter Villas - 12 posts
needing new home - 1 posts
restaurante hesparia en murcia - 0 posts
Iberian International Problems with? - 33 posts
How do I get an Avatar? - 41 posts
what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x