What is Bank Guarantee?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by supa Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi All, 

I want to rent a business and the landlord (a company) asks for the rent 6 months bank guarantee except of the 2 months security deposit. I never dealt with bank guarantee and what I have found on the internet it is usually for very big amounts for big companies. I do not really know if it means that I have to close on my account 6 months’ rent  (than why they do not ask more security deposit?) - or what is the way to get bank guarantee to start a business. It is quite serious business with small risk. Is it enough to the Spanish bank if the business project is good? 

What a Spanish bank ask for give this guarantee for a starting business and is it possible to get it? 

If somebody can help me to explain I will be very thankful. 

Supa

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 10:07 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Those Bank Guarantees are obviously a safety against rent default. My opinion is that they are old-fashioned and that the best way to protect payments and respect to the contract is to hire an Insurance for unpaid rents and to submitt the contract to arbitrationi rather than Courts.

This company is quite good, provide information in English and have special rates for EOS members: you can ask Justin about this:

www.arrenta.es    ( in association with Paragon Advance. Spain)

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 10:59 AM by Lawbird Star rating. 59 posts Send private message

Lawbird´s avatar

Dear Supa,

They are very common, particularly on letting commercial premises. They are known as rental bank guarantees.

As María has explained, they act as a safety net for landlords on non-paying tenants.

Rental bank guarantees are explained in detail in our article on Landlord: Keys to Successful Rental Income.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Air-con engineer - 1 posts
bank guarantee success at last - 6 posts
Attention! Real estate agents - 2 posts
What are you having for lunch? - 24 posts
Too risky to ask my UK bosses to work remotely in Spain? - 2 posts
Ryanair - A good story for a change. - 12 posts
New Car Price Reduction - 33 posts
OUR WEE COUNTRY - 0 posts
Shops in Quesada? - 18 posts
Can anyone recommend a supplier of external blinds in the Manilva area, CDS? - 1 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 0 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 6 posts
VILLAPAC - BE VERY CAREFUL - 2 posts
Wireless connection - 2 posts
Taking my cat to spain - 4 posts
Truck to UK in May. - 3 posts
Can we have a 'quote' feature please on EOS ? - 2 posts
new to forum and have bought in Entre Golf. - 4 posts
Driving down to Spain - 23 posts
New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x