What are you having for lunch?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Justin is having a chorizo sandwich made with the Mercadona bread with tomato, herbs and black olives.

I am having a salad with pasta, feta, avocado, tomato and tuna.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 1:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

What are we having for lunch ?

Well, as Thursday is WETHERSPOON'S CURRY CLUB DAY (click blue link) from 3pm we're going on the bus (with our bus passes ) to town to enjoy a hot curry & a pint £5.65 (plus another pint likely seeing as my OH hasn't to drive).

I have the lamb Rogan Josh one which is hottish with a wonderful flavour & my OH will no doubt be blowing his mind with one of their hottest either the Madras or the hot chicken masala, both of which he's tried before, without ill effects.  You get a drink too & we always have a lager.

BTW Wetherspoons sell a 330ml bottle of san Miguel for 99p & I have that usually (but you get A PINT with the curry).

I love feta too, Susan. Have you had GRILLED HALLOUMI CHEESE ? That's wonderful served warm.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/2/2009.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 1:12 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I have just had carrot soup, tuna pastry and lentil stew with chorizo and some frui as a dessert. Very nice indeed

Enjoy your lunch everybody

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 1:13 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

You know how to live More! Grilled halloumi is scrumy, haven't had that for a while.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 1:21 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hmm sounds lovely Nati, is that school dinners or packed lunch?

Susan

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 1:38 PM by costas Star rating in Estepona. 33 posts Send private message

My vote also goes to grilled halloumi, OF COURSE! :-)

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 1:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Ana, that sounds a great lunch though I'm not keen on the chorizo. OH LOVES it & we have some in the fridge here in the UK right now. I think he's forgotton it's there.

(At my age now Susan I need to live ! )

We've just missed the half hourly bus because of me chatting.  The sun's out so we're also going for a stroll along our promenade before eating. News recently said our Grand Pier (Weston Super Mare) rebuild is being started immediately. That's sorely missed by many. We used to drive from our place through Kewstoke village then along the toll road &, as we turned a bend, the pier came into sight so it's a sad sight currently.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 3:00 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I had some lovely cheese sarny's today, as I've been to busy to go out and have a menu del dia, like the rest of the crew!

Eroski bread with Welsh Mature Cheese from Morrisons in Gib!

Yum, yum in my tum,tum!

Today is the first day in AGES that I've had cheese sarny's.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 3:15 PM by funluvin99 Star rating in Scotland / Moraira. 96 posts Send private message

funluvin99´s avatar

All sound very vey yummy - I had to go to a business lunch which was truly horrible  and smile and pretend it was lovely -   Eating chickens feet is NOT a recommended lunch starter - but unfortunately a neccessity here in China sometimes - they always love to see if the westerner will eat it or not!!  So I like to oblige!!

Funluvin (now eating toast and cheese for dinner!!!)

This message was last edited by funluvin99 on 4/2/2009.

Never let anyone tell you what you can't do!!

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 4:27 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Costas, we ought to go the greek restaurant for lunch one day. funluvin, I thought that the whole animal in Spain but chicken's feet! What is that like?

Susan

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 7:13 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Chickens feet  are horrendous!! They served them in Jamaica..deep fried. YUK!!

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 11:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

God, I'm still so full. We really went for it & had the FEAST FOR TWO (click link) plus a few lagers.

Called into the Poundshop & bought two diddy lanterns with coloured glass which you put tealights in. They hang from a stand with a hook. They'll be great on our patio table in Spain & only a quid each too.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 1:37 AM by funluvin99 Star rating in Scotland / Moraira. 96 posts Send private message

funluvin99´s avatar

They are horrible, they are boiled, actually they don't taste of a whole lot, but you put it in your mouth and kinda nibble off the skin from the bones and thats about it, its the process rather than the taste!

funluvin

Better news today, going for burger and chips for lunch to a place that does a great quality burger!!

Never let anyone tell you what you can't do!!

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 1:47 AM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

Well, apart from the chickens feet the choice of food seemed fair but, you can't beat baked beans (straight from the tin) and 2 fried eggs on toast with lots of tomatoes sauce? Now that is a gourmet meal!

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 9:55 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Try this recipe of PUCHERO ANDALUZ for next lunch! , the recipe is from http://www.mis-recetas.org/recetas/show/3213-puchero-andaluz. I have kept it in Spanish, buy you can certainly use Google translator and learn some Spanish on the way.

Everyone living in Andalucia needs to learn to cook PUCHERO.... it is delicious and nutritive. You can take the fat and the pork out and use beef, green beens and pumkin together with the potatoes, carrots and garbanzos. I am sure you will love it.

Elaboración de PUCHERO ANDALUZ:

Poner los garbanzos en remojo el dia anterior. Lavar los huesos salados bajo el grifo para quitarles el exceso de sal.

Poner todo menos las patatas en una olla espres grande y cubrir de agua. Cuando empiece a hervir hay que quitar la espuma que va soltando con una espumadera.

Una vez quitada la espuma,añadir las patatas y cerrar la olla, poniéndole la válvula.

Contar 30 minutos cuando empiece a pitar. Abrir y probar de sal rectificando si fuera necesario

No es conveniente echar sal antes, porque aunque lavemos los huesos salados, siguen conteniendo sal.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 12:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Sounds yummy Maria, I will try it! Today I am having the scrummy Mercadona tomato, mediterranean type bread as a sandwich with avocado, feta and tomato. I really recommend it! It's lush. Will have a KitKat after as I must have something sweet after every meal.

Susan

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 1:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Maria, how are you ?

Not the feta again Susan ? As for 'I must have something sweet after every meal', what's Justin doing ?  (Are your girls at school ? )

Have you had fancy bread with a filling of brie & black grapes, wonderful.

I've just had a huge bowl of Asda smart price branflakes with sultanas, combining brekkie with lunch.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 1:24 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Oh More, you are shocking!

Susan

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 1:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Only with those I feel I can get away with it though, Susan.

Oh, you meant having bran with sultanas shocking ?  Yes, I guess I have to agree there.

from http://www.punkymoods.com/

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 2:05 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I had been looking forward to a menu del dia today until the rest of the EOS gang stood me up :-(

I´ve had no-one to play pool with all day either!

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Too risky to ask my UK bosses to work remotely in Spain? - 2 posts
Ryanair - A good story for a change. - 12 posts
New Car Price Reduction - 33 posts
OUR WEE COUNTRY - 0 posts
Shops in Quesada? - 18 posts
Can anyone recommend a supplier of external blinds in the Manilva area, CDS? - 1 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 0 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 6 posts
VILLAPAC - BE VERY CAREFUL - 2 posts
Wireless connection - 2 posts
Taking my cat to spain - 4 posts
Truck to UK in May. - 3 posts
Can we have a 'quote' feature please on EOS ? - 2 posts
new to forum and have bought in Entre Golf. - 4 posts
Driving down to Spain - 23 posts
New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts
La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella - 9 posts
Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x