Ryanair - A good story for a change.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

On Monday I was booking a flight back to the UK to see my newly born niece for the first time. After much searching I found the cheapest flights via Ryan air. I proceeded to book the flights which initially started at €14 outbound and €0.00 return but eventually cost €70.00 excluding baggage, even so I was happy with the price and flight times so all was good. I proceeded to enter the passenger ID details as now required to get back into Spain.

A couple of minutes later my in box pinged with the email from Ryanair confirming my flights, but much to my horror my name was spelt Stdeven and not Steven. I could have sworn that I had entered all the details correctly, but the unwanted "d" is next to the "e" on the keyboard so it must be my mistake.

Because I had confirmed my passenger details online before I had read the confirmation email, I was unable to change my booking online. A quick google of my problem led me to believe that it would be cheaper to book a nw flight than pay the name change/correct fees, so imagine my surprise when the call cost was only 10p per minute (0871 246 0000) the chap who answered the call dealt with my problem quickly and efficiently and at no cost.

With Ryanair allegedly wanting to charge a pound to spend a penny and seeking every revenue stream under the sun it was nice to be pleasantly surprised for once.

Even so, I will be paying even more attention next time I book, even though I am still sure my details were correctly entered in the first place. 

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 9:06 PM by wodge Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I also have a good story regarding Ryanair.

Booked my husband a return flight to Malaga for only £33 checked him in online and after printing off boarding pass realised that the passport expiry date was incorrect!!

Price for a new ticket £130. I rang the customer service dept fully expecting to be advised no changes were allowed particularly as I had already checked him in. I was amazed when the guy at Ryanair said no problem, he corrected the incorrect information and advised me to reprint the boarding pass.

Well done Ryanair!!!!

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 10:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Well, well. 1-0 to Ryanair then. I made a booking last year with easyJet and somehow managed to make a typo and not spot it until I printed off my boarding card. With no number to call here in Spain, I sent an e-mail explaining my problem, and received a polite reply informing me that the good news is you can make ammendments to your booking at any time online, and then set out the charges for doing so!

Cost me €40 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 11:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Well done firsteuro, you need to watch your typing don't you ? It's easy to miss a letter, as you did when you typed 'new'  minus the 'e' !  it would be cheaper to book a nw flight than pay the name change/correct fees

Hey, for a while you were  Saint Deven though, did you feel different ? 

Regarding the 0871 number @ 10p/min try +353 1248 0856 (Eire's Ryanair geographical number) as detailed in  http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 7:27 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

With reference to your calling Easyjet and Ryanair customer service numbers starting with 08.....

I thought you might like to know of a website I use to obtain alternative landline numbers for these types of numbers it's

www.saynoto0870.com  I have used it many times and have saved a small fortune in call charges

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 7:31 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Doh......................

Ok, More mentioned that already    I'm a melon !!

But hey I reached 100 posts, so that good

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 1:17 PM by Pat Gillam Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Sorry but my Ryanair story was not good. I booked a flight for my son and even though I had put the correct name in, it defaulted back to my husbands name. We did not receive an email confirmation and only found out when we printed off the boarding card. It cost my son and extra 150 euros to change the name. Made it a very expensive trip. Ryanairs response to this was tough luck. 

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 1:24 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

I forgetfully booked under my maiden name with Thomsonfly. It cost me £85 to change it and when we looked at the boarding passes once we were on the plane it was still on the wrong name.  Scarey that they hadn't detected it by then.

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 6:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sterling, what are we going to do with you, lol.

Well done on your 100 posts, you must have an award.

personalized greetings

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 10:43 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

I had a similar experience, I book Madrid - East Midlands (since then the route has been cancelled) and somehow or another I made mistake and decided the easiest route was to simply re-book the flight (wasn't that expensive) and lo behold a few days latter I got a phone call (in English of all things) commenting that I had double booked a flight and that they would cancel the extra booking!!!

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2009 8:13 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Oh, More Thank you.

That was lovely. xxxxxx Cheers

Like 0      
29 May 2009 8:14 PM by kdunston Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Got to say I really miss the pouches on the back of each chairs - Not good for people like me with very nobbly knees!!!

Like 0      
30 May 2009 7:15 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

anyone had any experience of the "new" air lingus gatwick to malaga route as yet?

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Car Price Reduction - 33 posts
OUR WEE COUNTRY - 0 posts
Shops in Quesada? - 18 posts
Can anyone recommend a supplier of external blinds in the Manilva area, CDS? - 1 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 0 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 6 posts
VILLAPAC - BE VERY CAREFUL - 2 posts
Wireless connection - 2 posts
Taking my cat to spain - 4 posts
Truck to UK in May. - 3 posts
Can we have a 'quote' feature please on EOS ? - 2 posts
new to forum and have bought in Entre Golf. - 4 posts
Driving down to Spain - 23 posts
New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts
La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella - 9 posts
Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts
Exciting Products in Mercadona - 8 posts
Easter holidays - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x