Shops in Quesada?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I went shopping here for the 1st time yesterday.

Went to the Electrical Discount Store and Yorkshire Linen. Store

As our time was limited, I wondered what other stores, shops or bar/restaurants people may recommend in this area?

I think you own near here Morerosado?

Have you got any pointers for me and others please?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 6:29 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

No takers on this one then?

Did you see this More?

Wondered if you could help?

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 8:46 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

There are a few of those little "Chinese" shops that sell almost everythingat good prices and some decent restaurants.I have only used 2 The Limehouse and Tjhe Outback I think they were called Enjoyed the food at both and sensible prices.Fish and Chip shop is excellent also.Not much in the way of bigger shops from my limited experience.Groceries and hardware are only about 5 minutes down the road though.

I understand there is a nice waterpark there as well but I have not yet used it, but will do so soon I am sure.

To me Quesada seems like a massive housing estate with a few little shopping precincts but I may be wrong.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 9:44 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

There is the main area in the street near the arches - petrol station, chinese bric a brac, an irish bar called Don Carlos (very Irish), an Amstell bar, Mulberrys restaurant, various banks, tobacconist, newsagent etc. 

There is another shopping area in the Dona Pepa area, that has Lidl, chinese restaurant, brico's, vets and small cafe's/tapas bars etc

Also in the town is the aqua park (open summer only), the golf course (La Marquesa), bowling club, scandinavian language school etc.  Various bars and restaurants scattered throughout the town and a great  spa hotel (stayed there in Feb) called La Laguna

Good links for more information www.quesadalife.com   also look on www.youtube,com and search ciudad quesada spain and there is some good amateur footage.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 9:50 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Acapulco
Star rating

Yeah! A reply!

Thanks, I will try to find your recomendations and report back.

Shame a "local" had no advice, maybe as you say, it's a "massive housing estate with a few little shopping precincts"

I will investigate!

Thanks..........

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 9:53 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

alantracey

Great information thanks,  I will check it all out............

So nice to investigate a new area and to report back on EOS about it, good or bad,

Thanks for your help..............

** EDITED - Please respect terms of posting **

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 9:56 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

Fibby

Personally, we really like it and would buy there if ever we got our money back from the unscrupulous San Jose!!

although it is a relatively new town (1972) it does have a mature feel about it which we preferred from the completely new developments we had previously seen.  there are all sorts of properties in all price brackets, and it has a 'residential' feel about the town.  We can highly recommend the spa hotel, and the italian restaurant opposite was fantastic

Tracey

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 10:56 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Fibby

I think that any place is what you make of it, and so being a "local" - at times!!  maybe I feel a bit qualified to comment on it!   In some ways it is like Clacton - there are lots of handy shops but you have to travel outside the main town to get the variety and bargains!! 

As Tracey says there is a wide variety of housing to choose from.  When we were looking for a house to buy we decided to get one within reasonable travelling distance of Alicante Airport, and went down as far south as Mar Menor (this was at a time when there was only about one block of flats there!) and we travelled back towards Alicante looking at houses - having already done our homework via the internet!  And still decided to buy in Quesada! The only thing that our research didn't tell us was that there were pockets of nationalities in different areas!  In the end it didn't matter as we found a house that we loved - the fact that we leave a German dictionary at the house gives a big clue!!  Overall there are eight different nationalities on my community, and they say that variety is the spice of life!

Must try the Italian restaurant - have heard many recommendations about it!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
04 Apr 2009 1:59 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Hi Fibby,

I live a good 35-40 minutes away from Quesada, but each time I go down to the coast I call in to see a friends father who lives there to see how he is. We usually nip down to the Chippy , which is on thefront. I did not come to Spain for fish and chips, but every once in a while makes them taste so much better.

The feeling I get from Quesada is that it deals almost exclusively for ex-pats (Brits, Dutch & German). English is the language of choice, however I do get the feeling of an established development, with lots of mature, large villas. The location is spot on as well, 5 mins from the motorway,10 mins from beach with a large choice of restaurants and bars.

Steve

Like 0      
04 Apr 2009 5:19 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

We love Quesada the first time Shaun took us there. It's convenient with all the shops & nice houses too within walking disstance to the shops.  Hopefully I'll be there next year. Has anyone tried the Thai restuarant in Quesada? I wonder if it's expensive as usually Thai foods are more expensive in Canada.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2009 5:51 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Quesada is a bit 'English' for me ( even tho I live in Playa Flamenca ! ) but I do like to wander round there occasionally. We have had several good Spanish lunches there and always visit the waterpark in summer........it's really good and not expensive.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 Apr 2009 8:56 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

You're spoilt for choice in Quesada.  Plenty of shops in the "middle" bit including the Chinese "Aladdin" caves, Irish Linen, excellent bathroom fitiings (Dom De), newsagents, tabac, supermarkets (Spanish and English with lots of German/Danish specialities - courtesy of the very cosmopolitan place that it is).  The good thing is that it has other shopping areas close to the communities, for example outside the town there is a commercial centre with a couple of DIY shops, a Lidl, a Consum, an Eroski, an insurance agency, a pet shop and its own bars/restaurants including a Subway (you know, the massive sarnie shop). oh, and another fish n chips bar.  Then, close to me (which is one of the reason I opted to move there) a Spanish food shop, an English food shop (again with many of the Scandinavian and German specialities), a big pub with marvellous restaurant, an Italian restaurant, a dry cleaners, a paper/card shop, an Asian restaurant, an Italian ice cream parlour and many others.

For restaurants and bars you could spend weeks just trying to decide which one to go to  in the centre alone with many, many reasonable places to eat and drink including the fish n chips already mentioned.  The Thai restaurant (the Banana Tree) possibly the best of its kind on the Costa plus the presentation is superb with different serving dishes for each course (for example, the crispy duck and pancakes sits in a duck shaped serving bowl).  Fixed meal for 6 including all drinks (wine, beer, coffee, soft drinks) was stupendous with at least 7 courses and less than 20 euros a head.  You have a Greek restaurant, several other Chinese, a couple of Indian restaurants, a steak restaurant and tapas bars plus excellent pubs all along the main road.  They are used to extranjeros at the medical and dental centres so not many probs there and they are building a brand new medical centre just up from where I live.  The water park is wonderful with several restaurants inside but they have absolutely no objections to you taking in cool boxes (as long as you have no glass bottles) and your own chairs/sun loungers if you so wish.  Half the price of the one in Torrevieja though not quite so large.

The good thing is, though, the houses in Quesada are mainly built by two companies (I think brother and sister but don't quote me) and the quality of the build and infrastructure is second to none and definitely of a far higher standard than most of the areas around.  We have a marvellous swimming pool complex on our community and there really is no need to go to the water parks.  All this and only 25 minutes from Alicante airport, right on the motorway access junction, 4km to the wonderful beaches of Guardamar, walking distance to El Zoco market (with the new shopping centre planned) and only a short drive to the Lemon Tree market.  Oh, and before I forget, my neighbours are pretty wonderful, too.  I am soooooooo looking forward to moving there permanently....

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 10:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

This is all great info. thanks everyone!

We are not looking to move, we are in Playa Flamenca, but it's great to go somewhere new and have some great advice before we go again.

I fancy the fish & chips too!

How sad, Spain with all it's lovely cuisne and we still go for fish & chips!

Thanks again.................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
15 May 2009 10:28 PM by Tedjusant Star rating in Shropshire/Rojales. 19 posts Send private message

Tedjusant´s avatar

Do you mean CIUDAD QUESADA, ROJALES or the Quesada near Murcia,!!!!!!

Like 0      
15 May 2009 10:33 PM by Tedjusant Star rating in Shropshire/Rojales. 19 posts Send private message

Tedjusant´s avatar

I will refrase that last message, (  do you mean  Ciudad  Quesada, Rojales, or the Quesada near Murcia,!!!!!!

Like 0      
15 May 2009 11:19 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Ciudad Quesada, Rojales. 

Like 0      
16 May 2009 9:12 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

You are obviously a brave and energetic guy Bob.Don't fancy walking from Quesada to Zocco myself  but I am not a dedicated walker.We are a bit closer to it than Quesada but I still use the car.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
17 May 2009 2:57 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

But it's only around a mile from the Quesada roundabout to the El Zoco market.  There's a footpath running up the side of the road and it's a pleasant little walk.  I meet loads of people walking up there from and to the market and it's pleasant to pass the time of day.  Must admit, I do drive when SWMBO wants the big shopping and those bags full of potatoes do tend to get a bit heavy on the way back.  I suppose if I lived further into Quesada I would hesitate walking but it is very pleasant (only around 20 to 25 minutes) from the Dona Pepa area.

In the other direction, also walk to the La Mata park which is little bit further but very pleasant, especially walking round the lake at the end of it.  Only problem is squeezing through the "roundabout girls" who appear to have taken up residence at the entrance I use.  I'd have thought the authorities would have clamped down on them there as it isn't a very good advert for a so-called national park!

Like 0      
18 May 2009 9:21 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Don't you find it tricky crossing the roundabout over the main road.I don't think there is a footpath there.

The roundabout business seems to be thriving. I have to take my wife to protect me when ever walking near a roundabout.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can anyone recommend a supplier of external blinds in the Manilva area, CDS? - 1 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 0 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 6 posts
VILLAPAC - BE VERY CAREFUL - 2 posts
Wireless connection - 2 posts
Taking my cat to spain - 4 posts
Truck to UK in May. - 3 posts
Can we have a 'quote' feature please on EOS ? - 2 posts
new to forum and have bought in Entre Golf. - 4 posts
Driving down to Spain - 23 posts
New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts
La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella - 9 posts
Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts
Exciting Products in Mercadona - 8 posts
Easter holidays - 1 posts
Where does all the Garden Rubbish go? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - Car insurance liability - 1 posts
Free towels for cat/dog rescue centre available Costa Blanca South - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x