Driving down to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Apr 2009 1:18 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Being an expert now  - Joke! (having lived and died on Michelin /Google Maps for the past couple of days) Sterling, i would describe your route as the centre one right through the middle.  Jencoo's (and mine now thanks Jencoo  ;-) however does go right up to the West coast.

Hey, I have even booked an overninght stop in Biarritz lol ... might even have to get there early now    Never thought i would be booking an overnight stop on the Atlantic Ocean on the way to the Med !!!

I will update you all with how it went when i get back

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 2:16 PM by fatboyfin Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I travel from the midlands to just south of Alicante about six times each year and have been doing so for the last four years in a long wheel base van transporting items for anyone who wants anything taking over, the route I use is Dover to Boulogne, Rouen,Tours.Bordeaux  come of the n10 at Dax across to Jaca in Spain via Oloron st Marie, from Jaca to Zaragoza then Valencia to Alicante, toll free 1350 miles in total 26hours none stop including the ferry crossing, of the 425 miles in Spain 375 are on moterway of the 695 miles in France about 400 on motorway / duel carriageway , I can knock 4 hours of the journey if I use the toll roads in France but they cost 90 euro, regards

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 3:33 PM by sue-g Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hi

We're taking the ferry to Santander and then planning to drive down to Almoradi. We looked at michelin map and although it told us the best route would be to go down past Madrid, but we dont fancy the mayhem of traffic arround there. So we thought we would go towards Zaragoza and stop overnight at a motel on the route at Teurel and then finish off the trip to Almoradi next morning.

Just wondered if anyone else has done this route, any tips would be welcomed

cheers

sue

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 4:02 PM by fatboyfin Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

you would be right to keep away from Madrid and head toward Zaragoza its only 8 half  /  9 hour drive Almoradi

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts
La Concha Living Estate Agent Marbella - 9 posts
Car rental from Barcelona Train Station - 1 posts
Exciting Products in Mercadona - 8 posts
Easter holidays - 1 posts
Where does all the Garden Rubbish go? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - Car insurance liability - 1 posts
Free towels for cat/dog rescue centre available Costa Blanca South - 0 posts
Volunteers needed Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Renting out apartment? - 0 posts
SAD - 7 posts
Need a Programable Themostat - 0 posts
How many complaints about an EOS member before he/she is blocked, etc.? - 2 posts
Should someone ask you before they PM you? - 4 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 0 posts
JUSTIN: Can anyone else post after Gypsy on a certain thread ? - 1 posts
RECOMMENDED SOLICITOR - 3 posts
32" Sharp Television for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x