Building alterations.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Hi,

This is probably targeted at Maria and any one who has legal experience in Spain;

Our urbanisation consists of mainly quads, 2/3 bedroom two storey houses and 2 bedroom bungalows. Some of the residents have built extra rooms on the top of the bungalows (over builds) and others have built rooms below the houses (under builds).

Can anyone tell me if these alterations affect the other properties in the quad or the other properties on the urbanisation in any way, insurance, builders’ guarantees etc?

I am aware that proper planning permission is required from the Town Hall.

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies,

Sping.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2009 11:08 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

very interesting query and I am looking forward to a legal reply

Have they all had planning or have they taken a chance?

If I owned a quad and one of the other parts built an underbuild I would want to watch the building work   

And an owner in this situation should take advice from a local surveyor or engineer......the foundations of the quad would probably have been constructed as one unit and any interference if not done properly may cause settlement

I would have thought  that there will be legal implications if the building work goes wrong 

Certainly if one of the other quad owners is about to do an underbuild I would get good professional advice.....first thing you have to do is survey the quads before it starts as a record of the current structural condition and monitor as work progresses

Interesting topic!

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 8:49 AM by gnik Star rating in calahonda. 28 posts Send private message

This is an interesting subject that effects many urbanisations, In my previous urbanisation (15 townhouses) at least five owners built an extension on top of the roof terrace, all have built withoiut planning permission. The walls of the extensions were built ontop of the existing party walls which i would assume were originally built as non load bearing walls.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 12:17 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

I think perhaps a party wall is being confused as a partion wall?

Though I suppose it is possible to imagine some sort of roof spanning over the wall without support, though I would not think a partion wall would be a suitable separation between properties.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 8:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Can anyone tell me if these alterations affect the other properties in the quad or the other properties on the urbanisation in any way, insurance, builders’ guarantees etc..

They do as damages caused by these elements will not be covered by the policy. They need to legalise them ( if that is possible) and communicate it to the Insurance companies.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 10:29 PM by vistaverde Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Hi Various People - and the topic of building on properties.

I was under the impression that work that changed the outside appearance of a property must receive the unanimous support of the community at a General Meeting. Also a town hall building permit may be required dependent on the extent of the work.

Any-one heard of these requirements ?

Like 0      
15 Mar 2009 12:47 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi everyone - I am on Playa Golf (same as Sping) and we have had complaints about people building walls on their terraces at the front of their quads to give them privacy - but this results in a significant change in the look of the quad and it seriously restricts the view and amount of light to the neighbouring properties.  The President has spoken to the Town Hall and last week they came and inspected and said these walls were illegal.  Not sure what action they are going to take though.

I am selling another quad with a large underbuild but all the papers required have been submitted to the town hall for approval so if there are any implications for the neighbours this should be fully investigated.  Some quads have such high spaces underneath that they can be converted without digging - would people still have concerns about strucural problems if there was no excavation required?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Further confirmation that deadline for modelo 210 non resident form is December - 7 posts
A VERY SAD LOSS - LEN BUCKNALL DUQUESA - 0 posts
Angel de Miraflores HELP - 2 posts
Todays paper - 2 posts
Anybody flying to Malaga in the next few days (preferably from Birmingham) - 4 posts
Does this affect anyone? - 2 posts
hi from newbie - 0 posts
home stuff - 13 posts
Mortgage Rates with Cajasol Bank Spain - 1 posts
Non-resident tax return for 2008 - 1 posts
Trying to see if I get notifiaction - 1 posts
newbie to EOS saying ola - 1 posts
Jet2 Edinburgh to Murcia flights put back - 2 posts
Archivelgolf resort hang on or sell? - 1 posts
Flight times from Glasgow to Malaga - 2 posts
Ryanair to now charge for on-line check in - 17 posts
HELP! BUYING....NEED ADVICE. - 1 posts
In the Dark - 6 posts
Prediction of eurbor rate for Mortgage starting 1st April? - 4 posts
van and driver needed - 3 posts
Well, yes, we have a happy story! - 11 posts
working part-time self employed - 4 posts
Free Bank Transfers ? - 1 posts
Insurance - 3 posts
advice please - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x