HELP! BUYING....NEED ADVICE.

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by pollye Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am going to Tenerife in a couple of weeks to buy a property with cash. I want to get the best exchange rate possible if I buy in Euros. Is it better to open a Spanish bank account with partnerships in England e.g put all my money in say the Abbey & open a Santander account In Spain? Do they give the interbank rate? Or is it better to do currency exchange, in which case who gives the best rates? I will also need to transfer money for community charges/electricity etc, so which is the best bank to join?

Regards Pollye

Like 0      
11 Mar 2009 5:32 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Hi there,

You say you are going to Tenerife to buy with cash in a couple of weeks.

Please be very carefull what your are doing, if you have not already done so, get a good english speaking solicitor in Tenerife who is experienced in property sales, the solicitor will make sure the property is owned by the people selling and that not charges or infraction apply to the property, you may also need a building survey, you will certainly.

If you are buying from a developer or builder you have to be very suspicious, don't hand over any money until you are given all the relevent paperwork checked by your solicitor and don't accept any promise of the papers will come after.

You should already have a account with a Spanish bank in the area where you intend to buy.

Do you have a NIE number, you cannot buy a property without a NIE.

Utilities like electricity in Spain is paid for direct from your bank account, now every month. I am not sure about community charges as we have none.

Transfering you money to pay for property purchases is usually best done with a exchange company like MoneyCorp, most of these type of exchange companies will give you just below the business rate, MoneyCorp charge only £15 for the service.

Be carefull your Spanish bank does not charge you for receiving your money from the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

In the Dark - 6 posts
Prediction of eurbor rate for Mortgage starting 1st April? - 4 posts
van and driver needed - 3 posts
Well, yes, we have a happy story! - 11 posts
working part-time self employed - 4 posts
Free Bank Transfers ? - 1 posts
Insurance - 3 posts
advice please - 0 posts
mortgage broker - 2 posts
M & S now deliver to Spain - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 2 posts
New Pictures - 10 posts
Nissan Primera Estate T - SPEC Model For Sale or Swap - 0 posts
Paying Taxes - 2 posts
Help with everything please !!!! - 0 posts
Car hire Scam resolved - 1 posts
The good thing about the crisis.... - 17 posts
wanted 3 bed apt Calahonda to El Rosario - 0 posts
Wanted - cheap TV - 1 posts
TAX rebate after selling between 2004 - 2008 - 4 posts
Anyone else have poblems today? - 16 posts
More UK Controls in the pipeline... - 3 posts
Bet You Thought.... - 0 posts
Pregnancy Care and Delivery - 5 posts
Are you moving back to UK? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x