New Site Live!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Mar 2009 8:15 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

I agree Jan...just seen his response...Justin can we elect to eject people from our development forum who do not have any interest in it what soever???

Regards

John

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 9:11 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Cyberpests can be a real pain, but I'm not convinced that forum members "electing" to eject people off the forum is necessarily the best option. This may come across as a "clique" of regulars jointly deciding what fits with their view of right and wrong.

A few months ago I started receiving numerous offensive PMs from a particular member, which culminated in them stating that they had "found out" my home address and threatning to "pay me a visit" !! All very dramatic, and obviously just a load of flannel from an insecure individual.

However, I made Justin aware of this and he promptly blocked the individual's access to the site. This worked well for me and seems like the best option for serious issue.

The rest of it just feels like different peoples' points of view, and their particular ways of expressing them, which can sometime come across as confrontational or unduly negative.

Not nice, but not necessarily a reason to eject them from the forum.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 9:47 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Jan, it's an oversight on our part, we'll fix it tomorrow.  In the mean time please PM me the user name that's an issue and I'll take a look.

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 5:39 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell,

I guess I will get used to it.

I think the thread subjects were easier to read the old way, plus, bearing in mind senility may be creeping in, can you please tell me how to start a new thread? The facility only seems to appear when opening another thread?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! Do I open "Forum Tools?"

Has the facility to reverse the order of posts gone?

pilgrim

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 11:29 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Any chance of sorting the web carmera out, it's stuck on 26th Feb.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 2:43 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

pilgrim wrote  Has the facility to reverse the order of posts gone?

I've only recently found out that you need to look at the blue highlighted bar above, at the end Is an Up arrow and a Down arrow (this may be in the wrong order as it doesn't appear when your post a reply)  When you pass the cursor over each one it tells you which one reverses the order of the post. 

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 2:56 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Also, to select in which order the posts are displayed, you can set a default in your profile details.  Just go to edit your profile and you'll see the option.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 9:10 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I haven't received any email notifications of replies to threads or of PM's since the changeover. I don't have any spam filtering at ISP or personal level, so it can't be that .

Mark

P.S. Looks much better now the ads have been sorted

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 9:25 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Mark, it's not working very well for me neither...I thought it was just me!

We'll take a look at it in the morning.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 3:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Any news on this Justin as i'm still not getting any notifications?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 2:03 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Has anyone tried using the 'Insert a Video (Optional) option since the new look was introduced?

Doesnt seem to be working...least ways not for me...

The reply box will accept the usual text resonses to threads but if I try to use the video option nothing gets through; when I hit the Post reply button it looks like it tries but the end result is a blank screen...

I'm using Firefox but that never used to present a problem...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 2:36 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Mark,

I see you are still having the same problem so can you just check your profile and make sure that your email address is still correct.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 2:39 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi FB,

Are you using 'embed ' code when trying to insert a video, as it won't work if you just insert a hyperlink.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 2:39 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Re problem with You tube;

Justin has fixed!

Thanks again

fb

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 2:47 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi FB,

Yup! I've just seen your other thread on Youtube videos and I couldn't understand why it wasn't working for you when I knew that Justin had fixed it!?!?!?!?!

Maybe I'll go back to sleep.... as we are down to the de-caff coffee here at the offices today and I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE really need a CUP OF COFFEE that has CAFFEINE IN IT!!!!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 2:53 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

No shops open then? lol!

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 3:00 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Mark, the notifications seem to working ok for me now they are just taking a while to come through.  Are you not getting them at all?

Justin

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 3:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Justin

I have recived one reply otification in my inbox at 14.03 today. Looking on the forums, there is another 1 I should be expecting that haven't yet been delivered. The headers are as follows, hopefully it may help you:

Envelope-to: myemail@madasafish.com
Received: from mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net ([212.159.7.38])
        by mx14.global.net.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.42)
        id 1LfE9i-00073d-Pc
        for myemail@madasafish.com; Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:02:34 +0000
Authentication-Results: mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net; dkim=neutral (message not signed) header.i=none
Received-SPF: None identity=pra; client-ip=88.25.35.147;
  receiver=mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net;
  envelope-from="noreply@eyeonspain.com";
  x-sender="noreply@eyeonspain.com";
  x-conformance=sidf_compatible
Received-SPF: PermError identity=mailfrom; client-ip=88.25.35.147;
  x-sender="noreply@eyeonspain.com";
Received-SPF: None identity=helo; client-ip=88.25.35.147;
  x-sender="postmaster@costas";
X-SBRS: 1.6
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: Am0EAK9pr0lYGSOTdGdsb2JhbACKGYpnAS/EAQeEAQY
X-IronPort-AV: E=McAfee;i="5300,2777,5543"; a="37548907"
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.38,307,1233532800";
   d="scan'208";a="37548907"
Received: from 147.red-88-25-35.staticip.rima-tde.net (HELO costas) ([88.25.35.147])
  by mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net with ESMTP; 05 Mar 2009 14:02:52 +0000
Received: from costas ([127.0.0.1]) by costas with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.2600.5512);
         Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:03:07 +0100
thread-index: Acmdmxwvq4dAReG4QZ+psFWfjQkCZQ==
Thread-Topic: Reply to post 'wealth and income tax'
To: <myemail@madasafish.com>
Subject: Reply to post 'wealth and income tax'
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:03:07 +0100
Message-ID: <8F98CA5C3A07456E827571B9D2791CFB@costas>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
        charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 05 Mar 2009 14:03:07.0515 (UTC) FILETIME=[1C2FB4B0:01C99D9B]
X-Envelope-From: noreply@eyeonspain.com

Touch wood

Mark

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 4:23 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We've been in touch with the company who look after our server and they've informed us that they have been having some issues with the emails causing delays.  It looks like we'll need to give it a couple of days and see what happens.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Justin

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 12:21 PM by danseex Star rating in Los Naranjos J4 n253. 652 posts Send private message

danseex´s avatar

Justin are you on a new host? as every page seems to an age to load.

Dan

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x