New Site Live!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Feb 2009 5:51 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Maria said: "miss:  30 latest updated threads, I think that was a very useful tool top keep track to what was going on in the forums" - oh good, I can copy and paste! Yes, I agree with Maria, the "latest threads" list seems to have shrunk considerably. I would love to see a "new posts since last visit" facility, to catch up quickly and easily on anything I might have missed. Otherwise, it means going to the general list and looking for all posts dated today.

Other than that -

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 5:51 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I had hoped the HUGE and intrusive Google ads were to be removed with the launch of the new site, that is what I read into Justin's replies about them previously. Unfortunately they are still MASSIVE making me have to scroll excessively before I get to see any content. I know the site needs to gain revenue, but that is the single most off putting part of the site at the moment, especially being right at the top.

I am used to the site using the whole of my screen, but am assuming you have made it to a certain size? Would be handy to know what screen resolution this site is best viewed with.

I found I was logged out of the development forums I had signed up to and had to re- register for them, not a biggy.

Still getting used to the rest of it, but so far so good (but can something be done about the size of the Gogle ads??).

Mark

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 5:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Forget that last comment - I was starting from the wrong point! Just have to reset my bookmark now to bypass the home page.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 6:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

HI Mark

The ads will be reduced, should be done tomorrow.  Unfortuntely we have to do it one by one in the Google account so it's a couple of hours work but it's schduled for tomorrow.

Also, for those that wanted to delete developments that they've added and no longer want (sandra) you can now do this.  Under the community tab select "My off plan forums" and you can remove them there.  You need to be logged in to do this.

Off home in a bit....what a manic 2 days these have been.

Justin

P.S: We're getting there....

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 6:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thank you

Mark

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 7:41 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Thanks for fixing the web camera, it's the first thing I look at when I log in every morning, love to see what the weather is like.

Keep up the good work.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 7:57 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Thanks Justin and crew for that. I've just removed all the unwanted developments in 'my developments' and the page is loading like a dream now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 8:26 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Couldn't get the siesta show this afternoon, keeps stopping and starting then the screen goes all blank.

I feel like a right pest, but love the show.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 10:44 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar

Wow!
The site loads much faster than it did before.
New server?

The only thing I found (so far) is it's a little wide for my screen resolution (1024x768).  But I don't mind scrolling right a bit
And as more people buy wide screens, I guess that doesn't matter anyway.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 12:18 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Like it!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 8:21 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi summer70

We'll take a look at the resolution problem today.  Right-scrolling is very annoying so we need to sort that today.

leema, our usual video host seemed to have problems with the video yesterday so we used another one.  Can you see it yet?  It's well worth watching, very interesting chat with Andrew Hamilton.

Thanks for the feedback eveyone.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 9:23 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

I can see the video now, it was really very interesting, had a look on Hamilton site and his prices for 2 bed and 2 bathroom are still very high, which is encouraging.

I am back to having to sign in every time again now.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 10:03 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Thanks to you all for sorting out all my problems since your change over, everything is fine now and looks back to normal, I am now getting used to all the changes and must admit I'm getting to like it a lot better now.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 11:09 AM by Jontee Star rating in Jardine 11. 103 posts Send private message

Hi Justin & The EOS Team

What a great job you've done on the site and seems really refreshing & easy to navigate for someone like me that's hopless on a computer, so you must have got something right. Keep up the good work and the Siesta Show as we are enjoying that as well & learning so much more about Spain.

John & Val

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 12:19 PM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Hi Justin and EOS team,

Just recovering from the shock of sudden change not easy for some of us grumps to take, just had the Nurse around to test BP & Hart and they are returning to normal-ish, so thought it was time to say, congratulations on the new site and looking forward to seeing all the new options we will have in the future, but be gentle with us not all at once, we get over exited easily.

Regards

Phil

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 1:21 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Phil,

Only trouble is when Costas is on a roll then we can't stop him.... well.... not that we can't stop him.... more we don't want him to stop.... not yet anyway!

Keep you're Nurse on hand.... well I know I would!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 6:27 PM by axwhale Star rating in Kent. 39 posts Send private message

Like it great stuff

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 7:06 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

It was a shock at first for a technophobe like me, but now all is well! This is a great site, thank you EOS team and all who contribute.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 7:13 PM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Hi EOS Team

In the off plan forums I now cannot see post that are more that about 7 days old, in the old site you could click on a button at the bottom of the resent posts to see old post. Can we no longer look back at old posts?

Phil

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 7:48 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I just noticed, in the offplan forums, that there is no "report this message as spam", etc., link. 

Having just logged in to find an EOS member, with no interest at all in our development, and indeed Spain (other than the money he lost because of his own ignorance), had left a derogatory post on a thread in our forum (which he obviously chose to follow because I had criticised him earlier).

I know "freedom of forum" and all that but there are members on here who do nothing but agitate others - mainly due to their own sad losses - which is really unacceptable.

Maybe EOS can have a "points" system - in that if there are "?" many substantiated complaints against a member, then they can be blocked???  I know, I know, dire straits and all that - but there are those out there who just thrive on scaremongering!!  And that's not what EOS is about, is it?

Don't want to sound extreme, but this member just really **sses me off with his reckless remarks!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x