New Site Live!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Feb 2009 12:08 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Maureen, I don't seem to have a problem with the webcam - try clearing your cache and then have another go.

Jacqui

If you ever come across this problem, try highlighting the whole link and then right click and copy, and then paste into your browser address.  I don't seem to have a problem copying and pasting - maybe it's been fixed now.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 12:13 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Jan,

There had been s slight hitch with copy and paste as there is a bug in Internet Explorer, so for those users that use that Browser, such as myself, we couldn't copy 'n paste text.

Costas has done a 'work around' fix and all should now be ok.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 12:27 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

aahh, all cleared!!  Explains why I didn't have a problem with the webcam (because it had been fixed!) and I don't use IE ever (explains copy and paste!!).

Usually it's me not being able to do stuff - due to formatting problems with my system/browser.

Keep up all the good work guys!

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 12:33 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

all seems straightforward enough. I do like as default, the oldest posts first, so you always start at the beginning of the thread to familiarise yourself then work forward. 

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 12:39 PM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Hi EOS team,

I can now cut and paste again thanks, but in the development forums (Condado de Alhama) it is set to Oldest to Newest and the options bar has gone so not able to change it and also no option to move though the pages so I am not able to read the latest posts. These features are still available on the general forum.

More pounding with the bred stick required.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 12:43 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Cool! I always like the 'Oldest post 1st' so you can, as you said, familiarise yourself with the thread and then work forward.

However for those that prefer 'Newest post 1st' you can edit your profile so that it will default that way instead.

Also, you have the option with the 'arrows' so that you can switch it back 'n forth.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 12:48 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi PGM,

Yes! Bread Sticks at the ready for Costas when he comes back from lunch.

We do have to let him leave the office from time to time, however he is usually shackled to Justin, just to be on the safe side.

Can you try editing your profile and setting the preferred order of post listing.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 1:15 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Having same problem as PGM in development forums - no options there at all re order of posts (even with default set in profile), posts displaying differently (narrow), and no blue tool bar at all, let alone the arrows!  Have tried this in Firefox, Safari and Camino and all the same.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 1:27 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I like this new look!

Well done all you techy lot!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 1:29 PM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Yep my settings are set new to old but some parts of the forum doing its own thing, I cant understand you allowing to go for dinner he should just get the crumbs that fall of the bread stick till all is working properly, you will be telling us next you will be allowing him to go home for some sleep before its sorted, what ever next, lol.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 1:34 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Thanks Fibs!

Justin and Team have worked very hard to provide this new forum, and what you see at the mo is just the tip of the Iceberg.

Jan,

I will give Costas a battering with the Bread Sticks as soon as he comes back, and ask him to look at it straight away!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 1:37 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I got lost!

Couldn't see where to log in at first. I seemed to have to wade through a lot of stuff and there it was.. right at the top!

Not tooooooooo  sure about the new look at the moment.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 1:42 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

The "Give Feedback" triangle is back again! It is too close to the scroll bars in the bottom right hand corner. If the site uses cookies can it not be set to detect that feedback has been given and remove it from the screen?

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 1:50 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

It all looks good and I'm sure I'll get used to the layout. I was hoping that the content may have changed in some features, such as additional audit information and/or filtering on the property search pages, but no....not yet. Maybe later?

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 1:51 PM by jamesyvonne Star rating. 181 posts Send private message

thanks justin for pushing out of our comfort zone !!!!! i was in shock to start with, why is it that everthing has to change!!!

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 2:01 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

SOOOOO................might we be getting a delete button   in the 'my development' section??????????

I just brought this to the top/bottom (???) in anticipation of a reply and also so MY request is not forgotton.

A persistant devil ain't I ??????????

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 2:14 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Sandra,

I'm thinking of handing over Bread Stick Bashing control to you! lol

Lots 'n lots of tasty new stuff 'possibly' including a 'delete' function in the 'my development' section, without giving too much away (ahem!)

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 2:17 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

SOOOOO.......................that's a definite maybe ?????????????????

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 2:21 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Wow!

I have had a PM sitting in my in box since  30 July 2007  !!!!

I couldn't read it, open it, or delete it, but I have now!!!!

Thanks guys!

Oh, by the way Saznaz, don't know why you PM'd me for 2nd hand furniture? I never had any on offer...ever!! Hope you got your sofa bed by now tho ...........lol! 

Message by Messages (sorted from newest to oldest)
7/30/2007 10:38:00 PM

saznaz

Sent to:

FibbyUK

Iwould b interested in second hand furniture I need a sofa bed Thanks Saznaz

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 5:50 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I have to say a HUGE thanks to everyone for all the feedback.  It really is important for us to get this and even more important to keep everyone as happy as possible.

We have read ALL the comment and can assure you that they will all be actioned by the end of this week.

In the meantime, if you need some help I've recorded a video to explain the new site.  It's not brilliant but I run through the site and explain what's changed and why.

You can watch it on the EOS blog here.

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x