New Site Live!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Feb 2009 11:02 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

It will take a day or two to get used to the new layout and finding the stuff  that interests me but other than that It's OK. As Jacqui said, it must have been terrific hard work and a hairy moment when you launched it. Well Done!!

dennismundy I totally agree with your request for a delete button in the 'my develiopments' area. I recall someone requested this over a year ago and it would have been a useful feature. When I go to 'my developments' it takes an age to load and more than half the developments  are no longer of any interest to me. So please Justin, can you arrange it when you add the 'SOOOOO much more'  that Techno says is coming ??

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 12:54 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Oh dear, this is really not so much fun dialing in, I now have to put my details in each time, never mind I'm sure we will get used to it, it's still a fantastic site and couldn't live without it, keep up the good work Justin Susan, David, the arm and technoape, I'm sure it will sort itself out.

Here is to tne new Eye On Spain .

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 5:16 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Congratulations for the new site: it is very soft, like the colours...feel myself a bit strange and miss:  30 latest updated threads, I think that was a very useful tool top keep track to what was going on in the forums  .

I am looking forward to all to come and am very proud of you guys!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 7:16 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks for the comments.  Maria, that button is still there.  It's in the blue bar above the posts.  Can you see it?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 8:45 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Hi Justin, Susan et al,

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS (I think) on the new look. WHAT a lot of hard work has gone into  it.

I've read the comments and agree with a lot of them, especially the one about having to log in every time I use EOS. Give me a year or two and I'm sure I'll find my way around!!  Maybe I'll try a bit later in the day when the brain cells will hopefully be functioning a little better.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 9:14 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, Justin, but together with that one I miss other one who was... somehow....well... it is just a question of getting used, like when you ahve got a new cell phone.. 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 9:37 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Justin:

Now, I found it.

Apologies for that.

Keep the wonderful work up!

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 9:38 AM by danseex Star rating in Los Naranjos J4 n253. 652 posts Send private message

danseex´s avatar

Love the new look and drop downs, only gripe is when you have multiple off plans forums it could do with a gap or bolder colour between the development headings as I have a long list and can't tell which reply lines up with what development, hope this makes sense!

Dan

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 10:14 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Getting a bit more used to it now, only thing I can't access is the web camera, I look on that every day to see what the weather is like and it just comes up saying error.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 10:17 AM by PGM Star rating in Cheshire & LOS NARAN.... 862 posts Send private message

PGM´s avatar

Hi

Well like most others I like the new look but don’t like change, that and being grumpy comes with age, lol

However what I don’t like is now not being able to cut from original text people have posted.

So now to quote something said in someone’s post, maybe from another thread you have to type the original text out before you type your response.

Or if someone asks a question you know has been answered before, you could go to that post which had the answer and cut the relevant information and paste it into the new thread to make answering the question easier, especially useful if the answer is long or complicated. I, and I think most would credit the original respondent were necessary. Please can we have this facility back Justin.

Regards

Phil

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 10:31 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Ok, I've just logged in and have now tried three different browsers and none of them are displaying the little arrows on the blue bar which lets me view the last post first!!  Where have they gone!!  I hate going to a thread and have to trawl through all the old posts to get to the latest!  Didn't we have the option to set this in our profile before (or am I thinking of another site)?

Other than that, I do like the new softer look although don't like the four line block of googleads at the top of each page.

But please can I have the arrows back - or is it something to do with my Mac??  Although I had them there earlier today and automatically went to the last post after setting it once!  What happened?????

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 11:03 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Excellent feedback folks, keep it coming!

We are busy looking into everything and need constructive feedback, so thanks from everyone at the EOS Team.

I'm bending Justin's ear for you and I'm beating Costas over the head with a French Stick on which I have written down all the problems, which has resulted in lots of breadcrumbs over his keyboard, so maybe that’s why some things aren’t working yet! Hmm... ah... maybe I’ll start throwing doughnuts at him instead.

David has locked himself in his room and has said he's not coming out until it's fixed. The 'arm' has gone 'walk about' - don' ask!!!!

And as for me, well, I'm just trying to break things so that we fix ‘em before you guys notice anything was ever wrong in the 1st place!?!?!?!?!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 11:07 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Wow, what a fantastic new site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that good enough for you Colin, hope to see you out there this time, we are coming out on 6th March.  Can we put something in our diarys to meet up properly this time.

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 11:17 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Got my arrows back!!!  Whoopeee!  I did, in fact, come back on to edit my post to say that I found the same settings in my profile, but I couldn't edit my post  - I could only send myself a private message!!!  No edit facility!  But the arrows were there .... and then they weren't ... and then they were ... and they are at the moment!!

Obviously, will take time to tweek but personally I'm getting used to it.  I would still, reeeeaalllly like to see the search facility a little more functional!!  And am also one of those who would like the option to delete developments from my list!

And Maureen, will you never cease trying to make me jealous with your constant trips to Duquesa?????    I shall make you pay by getting the rounds in when I see you in July - in addition to Dennis HAVING to because he'll no doubt get another hole in one!!

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 11:18 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

having just returned to view this after posting, the edit facility is still not there!  Only the send myself private message!!

Tweek tweek tweekkk !!!

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 11:30 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Yes Maureen! Much better!

We will have to put something in our diaries for either when I'm not working or maybe after work one evening.

Jan, yes! the 'edit' facility!!!

I had noticed it and it is one of the things I had written on my French Stick that I keep bashing Costas with, we were kinda thinking, maybe, possibly, nobody, maybe, somebody may notice it, but we would get it fixed 1st, kinda, maybe!

Costas is working on the solution as we speak, in addition to the possibility of adding a better 'quote' facility, however you should now be able to 'select' text from another post and past it into your reply post.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 11:36 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

You clever people, keep up the good work.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 11:37 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Any ideas what I can do about the web camera, do you think it's something at my end, I could see it every day until you brought the changes in, it just comes up with error and I only get a white square.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 11:44 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

There was always going to be teething problems and it's easy to forget what features you use until they don't work anymore.

I'm now finding the inability to cut & paste or a direct link for website addresses included in posts. I've just seen the websites Susan has posted for learning Spanish but I can only use them by re-typing it all in my browser and my copy typing is not great at the best of times. but when I am switching between tabs, well, anything can happen.

Can you please add this to your french stick if there is enough space left?

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 12:08 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Maureen,

The Web Cam is back up 'n running, thanks for letting us know it wasn't.

Jaqui,

Susan's post didn't include Hyperlinks to the sites, but I have just reposted it with Hyperlinks so now all should be ok.

Methinks I need to go to Mercadona and get another Fench Stick!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x