New Site Live!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Well, what do you guys 'n gals think?

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 3:33 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Just spent five minutes trying to get to the general forum, after hitting a link in an email I'd received and getting a web error!!  Personally, at this moment in time (on my way out the door at the moment) I don't particularly like it!! 

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 3:41 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We've got some little issues to sort out so give us a couple of hours and it should all be working properly again....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 3:43 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I think it's really cool!

Good job Costas, David & Justin.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 3:47 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I'm sure it will be really good as are most of the things you do Justin...........BUT ........at the mo, I'm having a 'senile blonde' moment ( AGAIN ) and can't make head nor tail of it !!!.....................Never good at change me !!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 4:01 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Like everything new I hate it, can't find what I'm looking for, can't find the site's I regular look at.  I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 4:06 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Once logged in under the "Community" tab in the top menu you will find all your previous stuff!

We've got a busy few hours ahead today....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 4:06 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

I think it looks really good. May take a couple of times to find everything but hopefully I'll soon get the hang of it. Well done. it must have been a nightmare to sort and I can imagine very stressful as the button was pressed to upload and go live.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 4:15 PM by nerwilly Star rating in Oxfordshire UK & Cos.... 8 posts Send private message

I think it great, nice an colourful.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 4:16 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Looks good. Can we have a "remove off plan forum" option? Would help if you could remove unwanted ones after a quick "nose" around!!

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 5:02 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Sorry Justin, thanks for all your hard work but it's more difficult to use.  On my pc each page now takesages to load whilst waiting for the 'google' ads to download - every time I try to navigate around the forums.  Also (maybe just on mine??) but each thread opens at a default oldest post first.  Yes it's easy to change when working out the arrows, but that in itself is confusing as alongside the arrows is a button for 'newest posts'.  I assumed this meant on the thread I was viewing, but not so, it takes you to new posts on the site.  So found the arrows, ok to use but when wanting to go back, hitting the back button takes you back to the page with oldest posts before getting back to the menu.  Too much hassle.  Can the default on threads be newest first?

Jane

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 5:09 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Cool!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 5:12 PM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Erm... Well... It looks nice but I just have to find my way around and then it''l be fine. A few logos are missing etc but that's par for the course, altering my website is a pain in the backside but this looks like it was a quadruple bypass job. Well done, bound to be a few glitches it just can't be helped.  Now I just have to work out where my blogs are!!

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 5:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Jane.  We're just working on the posts order at the moment.  Should be sorted shortly.

We'll also take a look at the page loading speed!

Keep the feedback coming please, it's really important for us.

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 5:24 PM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Personally I like the order old at the top to new at the bottom. Can't fault you yet, especially now I have found where my blogs are.

Rex.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 6:29 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

I cant bring up the latest links and some are reading oldest to newest, How do you reverse this. I prefer the old system

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 6:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Janmet

The blue bar at the top and bottom of this page has a link that says "latest threads" and "latest posts" if that's what you're looking for.

We're just sorting the sorting part out....no pun intended!

Justin

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 6:35 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

oops I am having a senior moment I think, can't find anything, it isn't where I left it ooooooo things might change tomorrow, joking apart don't like it at the moment, for some reason everything seems to be over to the right but I suppose we will get used to it in time.  Keep up the good work but don't do changes too often please we get lost too easily.  Have a great day everyone no matter what you are doing, even if it is negotiating your way around Eye on Spain.

Jojan

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 9:02 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

Well some good 'n some bad comments, however you must remember that the forum hasn't changed for almost five years now, and even though sometimes change isn't always for the better, I must say that this time it IS for the better!

The 'look and feel' of the site is cleaner and fresher and I'm sure that once people get used to navigating around, they too will see that it's more 'user friendly' than the old site.

There is SOOOOO much more to come your way and despite the 'teething troubles' with the launch of the new site, trust me, you will be chuffed to bits with what Justin and the EOS team have in store for you over the coming months!  

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 11:02 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

It will take a day or two to get used to the new layout and finding the stuff  that interests me but other than that It's OK. As Jacqui said, it must have been terrific hard work and a hairy moment when you launched it. Well Done!!

dennismundy I totally agree with your request for a delete button in the 'my develiopments' area. I recall someone requested this over a year ago and it would have been a useful feature. When I go to 'my developments' it takes an age to load and more than half the developments  are no longer of any interest to me. So please Justin, can you arrange it when you add the 'SOOOOO much more'  that Techno says is coming ??

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts
What's happened to Manilva Leisure ? - 9 posts
Wanted : Villa Rental - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Snagging - 0 posts
Why oh why - 1 posts
Residents get together - 5 posts
Right Move International - 4 posts
Community Charges - 9 posts
Rose & Thistle - 0 posts
Saturday Feb 28th Andalucia Day... - 5 posts
Moving to spain - 6 posts
UK PLASMA TV IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
Iceland in Spain? - 43 posts
End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x