Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2009 9:10 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Bag of crinkle cut chips, Fuengirola = 1 euro

Bag of crinkle cut chips Milton keynes 1 pound

Prices correct as of 28th Feb 2009

Like everything from births to funerals you have to shop about.

Dont buy Waitrose products from Iceland Spain unless you want them.

Sue and I like to try Spanish Brands when in Spain, we try and go where the Spanish go.

Great deals around on all things in Spain if you shop around.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2009 9:07 AM by elricho Star rating in York. 34 posts Send private message

I have seen in the local papers that Iceland open their new store in San Javier, Murcia on Wednesday 25th March. Its on the N-332,situated between the Dos Mares shopping centre and The DFS Furniture store which is in the centre of San Javier.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2009 9:27 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

Hiya

I posted on another thread that Iceland was to open tomorrow (Wednesday).  It is next to the Maxi Dia,  in the old Plus building.  My hubby spoke to the workmen yesterday who told him it would be open tomorrow.  My hubby will pass that way tomorrow so we will confirm if it opens on time.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2009 10:52 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

I was talking to a friend of mine last week about all the new Iceland shops opening on the Costa Blanca South.

Her husband works for a company that supplies all the small independent "English" shops. He estimates that business has dropped by 20% in each of the stores he delivers to since an Iceland opened in the vicinity.

I live 40km inland from the new Iceland at San Fulgencio and our local shops have felt the pinch.

I remember years ago in the UK, all the local shop owners complaining about the proliferation of out of town shopping developments killing local/traditional shopping areas. I never imagined the same would be happening again only over here in Spain.

Mind you a nice M&S  would go down a treat!

Like 0      
25 Mar 2009 2:15 PM by Pitufa Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,

Just to let you know that Iceland in San Javier-Murcia has opened today!

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 1:37 AM by nelderwoman Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi  Everyone

Going to La Torre Golf Resort next week.   Could you tell me how to get to the Iceland near the airport you are all talking about.  We dont know the area at all.  Will we see it when we arrive, driving from the airport to La Torre

Many thanks

Nelderwoman

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 11:08 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Hi Nelderwoman,

Nice little map of the locations of the Iceland stores on the coast.

overseas.es/store_locator.php

Regards

Steven

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 2:43 PM by thehalls Star rating in Lomas de Cabo Roig, .... 47 posts Send private message

Does anyone know the opening hours for Iceland in San Javier? 

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 8:28 PM by strawbs70 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

hi all,i was shopping at iceland mijas on friday 15th july 2011 in the evening and was just coming out of the front doors my husband had gone to put the shopping in the car, when MR IAN PARKER ( store manager) accompanied by 2 security guards... comes rushing out with a handbag held up in front of him at arms length...beckoning for a young spanish girl to follow him, the girl was  thin and looked a little frail , obviously under the influence of drugs or booze, very subdued non- the- less!!  he came out of the shop and went around the corner of the store..(2 bruisers in tow) when one of the ladys that works in the store said ´´ if he beats the s***t out of her there and the police catch him, he´ll be in big trouble´´  the girl followed and must have realised what was going to happen , turned and walked the other way. MR IAN PARKER then ran after the girl, grabbed her by the back of the neck and proceeded to push her and drag her then bang her head against a parked car, screaming obcenities , using the f´ , c´ and b´ words like it was natural to use this language in public. i´m not a prude but my 12 year old doesn´t hear that at home so why  should she have to listen to it when we are out shopping!!  he was shouting these obcenities in the girls face and telling her not to come back into the store, my husband by this time had loaded the car and was watching all this in pure horror and saying to me...´´thats bang out of order, he shouldn´t be allowed to do that, she´s only tiny why´s he picking on her like that´´? my husband doesn´t like women being abused for any reason.  when he had quite finished he was on his way back into the store his face all red  and eyes bulging, went straight into the store and  proceeded to verbally abused at least 2 of his staff( again in front of customers) my mother..irene johnson who will vouch for this too, told him he was totally unproffessional in his manner in dealing with staff and was met by an angry response. i have to admit that this is not the first encounter i have had with this madman, i really do think he needs to go to anger management counseling, something has to be done to stop this intolerable behaviour. if we had gone into the store and behaved in this way we would have had the police knocking on our door, how come he can get away with treating people like this? i will persue this until i am satisfied that MR IAN PARKER has been dealt with in an appropriate manner.

paula marchment shaw

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 10:46 PM by gemini11 Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

blimey strawbs70 your post is quite shocking i would have been terrified. i just wanted to say that iceland VERA is now open i havnt been but my freinds have and said it was o.k. for choice of frozen stuff but the local fresh produce didnt look too good, and yes the prices were very similar to u.k. it would be o.k. to use if you lived near to it or had to pass it. but it is 8km away from our holiday home so it wouldnt make sense to travel when i have a fantastic hipermarket in my small town which amazingly sells allmost all our favorite english food, if you want it that is!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 11:29 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

I think you need to be very careful indeed when naming people specifically on internet forums.

Unless you can back up your facts you could find yourself in trouble.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 12:40 AM by strawbs70 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

i have the facts and also other witnesses, dont you have anything better to do?

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 12:53 AM by strawbs70 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

the reason i have posted the name of the man involved in this incident is because this is the 2nd time i have witnessed his demonic mood swings!! in my opinion he is a loose cannon and is a danger to customers. if i had acted in this way i would now be down in the police cells...is that fair?? so called do gooders don´t help and i have sent the story to a local newspaper because i am determined to see that he is properly dealt with once and for all.

also thank you gemini, iceland is a fantastic company to shop with and have a great range of products, normally it is a chilled out shopping experience.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 9:06 AM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Then you have a duty to report this person to his company, overseas foods. Dont you think.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 10:17 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

That is a very defensive answer considering I was trying to help you out.

I do have better things to do with my time, so I will leave you to wage you vendetta unhindered.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 10:29 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I think Esteban is absolutely right.  You should also consider reporting him to the police, and let them take him to task.  If the female then does not wish to follow up a complaint after the police commence their investigation then that will be up to her.  But there is no harm in you making the complaint on her behalf in the 1st instance.  Incidentally why spend time in publishing your witness account, naming & shaming of this manager if you are not going to do anything about it?

This message was last edited by Jimbofinn on 18/07/2011.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 11:36 AM by strawbs70 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

hi all, i have reported this to the iceland head office and am now waiting for a response, it would be a waste of my time going to the police because i am not the plaintiff, if the girl wishes to it is up to her. i have also just recieved an email from the euro weekly on the subject, so that would answer jimbofinn´s reply that..incidently i am doing something about it. i apologise firsteuro if you thought i was being defensive and appreciate your concern that i could be in trouble, like i mentioned before this incident is not isolated for this man, he has done something similar before, luckily my 12 year old has the sense not to repeat what she heard but i wouldn´t like to comment on what a younger child would do on hearing that sort of language. i am trying to save someone else from witnessing this sort of thing, as we all know shopping with younger children is harrowing at times without that. i have a lot better things to do with my time too, i have my own bussiness so this vendetta as you call it is unfounded. what would have happened if the girl had been beaten up by this thug?? what if it had been your child??  ask yourselves these questions!!! 

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 2:47 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

This message was last edited by esteban19120 on 02/08/2011.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 3:22 PM by reidpj Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

This man's actions disgust me.  He should be sacked.  He should've followed the proper procedure - when dealing with this, probable, shoplifter 'obviously under the influence of drugs or booze'- and called the police.  The police could've then beat her up in private before locking her up.

I know that two wrongs don't make a right, but.................

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 6:07 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Well done for reporting this man. He can now try to justify hjs actions to hjs managment team (not that he has any justification for his actions)

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts
Football fans on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
internet connection - 12 posts
Rattan furniture - 6 posts
Van collecting in Scotland 1st March. - 0 posts
Watch your credit card transactions abroad!! - 13 posts
swop bike for van - 0 posts
Transfer Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming Pool - 8 posts
Sunset Golf La Resina Golf and Country Club near Estepona - Investment purchase - 2 posts
UK market - 4 posts
nottingham buyers? - 0 posts
Cajasur - definitely not a bank I would recommend, especially in Alora - can you help? - 3 posts
Disposing of a RHD van in Spain - is this possible? - 15 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
GEORGEKAY - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x