Iceland in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I have just been told Iceland (the frozen food shop) has shops in Spain does anyone know the locations or the official website address?

Thank you.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 11:31 AM by Frustrated Owner Star rating in Torreblanca del Sol. 56 posts Send private message

Frustrated Owner´s avatar

There's one in Parque Miramar, Mijas Costa, just outside Fuengirola

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 11:32 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Do you happen to know if they have an official website with a store locator?

Thanks.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 11:33 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Oops.

And also are they any good? do they carry the same stock as the UK with similar prices?

Thanks

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 11:35 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I have never been but there is the one in Fuengirola that someone mentioned. My neighbour went just before christmas and said that the prices were about the same as the UK, as was the choice.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 11:38 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply.

It amazes me the size of the company that Iceland is that Google throws up no official website?!?!

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 12:32 PM by elricho Star rating in York. 34 posts Send private message

Hi all

They do have a website but I have not posted enough times to allow me to write it . They  are opening up in a few places at the moment. I am on the Costa Calida where in March they are opening a new store in San Javier,10 minutes from Murcia Airport.

If you put in overseas then dot es but take the then with the 3ws in front then you should find it. This is the only way I can get you the info (hopefully).

Happy Shopping!!

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 12:34 PM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Ah you are brilliant thanks found it! 

What a horrible website for a company that has a lot of money backing them!?

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 7:19 PM by 8yewtree Star rating in San Cayetano, Murcia.... 316 posts Send private message

8yewtree´s avatar

The company isn't actually Iceland, they just use Iceland's name on a kind of franchise type basis. They are called something like Overseas Foods. They do stock many of the UK lines but the prices are not comparable. I think its considerably more expensive.

In addition to Iceland branded goods thay also sell lots of brand names and have quite a selection of Waitrose own brand products.

Beware, some items are a lot more expensive than you would pay in a Spanish supermarket. For example I paid 6.30 euros for a box of 48 weetabix which was more economical than the 24s, yet in Consum the boxes of 24 weetabix were only 2.70 euros which means that they were at least 90 cents overpriced! They do stock some items which I have been unable to source elsewhere such as Muller light yoghurts (1€) . I did notice on one occasion that they were selling fruit which had been grown in Spain, shipped to the UK and then back to Spain - grapes I think it was. Not only were they hugely expensive but they probably had the biggest carbon footprint ever!

Hope that helps, I love going there but always end up spending far too much money on things I can manage quite well without lol.

Donna

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 9:50 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Donna

Is that the same Iceland that I have been reading about situated by Maxi dia between DFS and Decathlon on the way to Dos Mares? Oh, that's disappointing, was going to have a nose when we go over next.

Oh well, thanks for the info

Like 0      
25 Feb 2009 6:39 PM by 8yewtree Star rating in San Cayetano, Murcia.... 316 posts Send private message

8yewtree´s avatar

Hi candyfloss

It is the same Iceland due to open 'February' (which doesn't eve look like work has started yet!!) next to Maxi Dia but the one I'm referring to is the one in Torrevieja - all the same.

Donna

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 6:01 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

You need to look at this site for Iceland brand in Spain: www.overseas.es

We have two stores close to us, one in Torrevieja and one near La Marina.

Generally, the prices are about 25% higher than the marked uk prices, I suppose this is fair seeing that the goods have to be transported from the uk. It is far better for price than most of the rip off uk goods suppliers in our area and the stock level and quality is very good.

Overseas stock fresh food from Iceland and Waitrose, and there are many people that buy this, a bit stupid really as you can get better quality and much cheaper at the local markets.

Give Overseas a try if you have one close to you.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 9:20 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Donna

I read somewhere else that it was opening next month so that's what confused me a bit.

I thought that would have been a bit quick for a refurb as it's just around the corner from us.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 8:50 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

The Iceland in San Javier was supposed to be opening this month.  I know they are just having the security system fitted (my hubby works for the company that is doing it).  It should be opening in the next few weeks.  There isn´t much to refurb as the premises was a shop prior so supposedly just the freezers to put in.  I am a great fan of iceland frozen products.  The fresh stuff and named brands are way over priced though.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 4:29 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jed

I thought you said that about Iceland, so it is defo going to be Iceland?

P.S. your website is looking great, well done hun 

Put it on your signature, I'm sure lots of members would love to see it.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 2/27/2009.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 9:51 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

Yes it is definetley going to be an iceland.  We drove past Saturday but it was still all locked up.  There is a big sign outside saying Coming Soon Iceland.

Thanks re the website.  Both are keeping me busy and my dd is enjoying updating her blog.  I did try to add the addresses to my signature but it doesn´t appear to save the change.  Maybe I don´t have enough posts yet.

This message was last edited by jedk on 3/2/2009.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 1:22 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jed

Thanks for that, will be over soon so will have a look.

Keep trying with the signature, sometimes it doesn't change straight away.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 3/2/2009.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 9:43 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

We drive that way regularly and as soon as we see it is open I´ll let you know.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 10:27 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

I am surprised at people commenting that prices at Iceland (Spain) are upto 20% more expensive than the UK! Its like the chap on an Easyjet flight sat next to me some months ago complaining that it was a rip off to pay £1 for a can of Coke. The stewardess reminded him that we are at 35,000 ft and she is supplying him with a beverage, glass and ice for a surplus of approx 25p over normal prices.

If the prices in Iceland (Spain) were the sameas the UK, I think their client base in the UK would be up in arms.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 8:49 PM by NeilinElche Star rating in Elche. 40 posts Send private message

Hi firsteuro

Read your post and it reminded me of this - everythings amazing but nobody's happy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

Very funny and very true......

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

End of the Euro ?? Could it really happen - 3 posts
Does anyone know of a van with spare room coming from UK to Manilva Area in March 09 - 9 posts
Signature on documents - 2 posts
Keith and Liz we live in La Escha near Lorca Murcia - 1 posts
UK van & storage back working. 1st March in Scotland. - 0 posts
I'm frustrated by my inablity to learn Spanish - 52 posts
Ryanair to drop check in desks by end of year? - 8 posts
golf starter kits - bargain - 0 posts
buying a repossesion - 7 posts
NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts
Football fans on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
internet connection - 12 posts
Rattan furniture - 6 posts
Van collecting in Scotland 1st March. - 0 posts
Watch your credit card transactions abroad!! - 13 posts
swop bike for van - 0 posts
Transfer Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming Pool - 8 posts
Sunset Golf La Resina Golf and Country Club near Estepona - Investment purchase - 2 posts
UK market - 4 posts
nottingham buyers? - 0 posts
Cajasur - definitely not a bank I would recommend, especially in Alora - can you help? - 3 posts
Disposing of a RHD van in Spain - is this possible? - 15 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
GEORGEKAY - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x