Delivery of goods from the UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Has anyone had goods delivered from the UK by courier or similar. It seems that most suppliers are reluctant to deliver here  in Spain unless they vastly increase their delivery costs. I have a couple of relatively small items which I need bringing over or delivering. I can get these goods delivered UK no problem.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 1:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jenco

I know that our friends on EOS who are member JPD had tools delivered to their Playa Flamenca property (from the UK) last year I think it was, & very reasonale too, by these people PARCEL2GO

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 1:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It posted twice !!!! 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/6/2009.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 2:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I sent my TV by courier yesterday .  I use a recommendation from on here (it was either TechnoApe or Foxbat)  and the coureir was www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk . My allowance was up to 70kg for a cost of £70. As it happened, I only had 16kg to send, but it was still 3x cheaper than the next closest quote!! Delivery takes between 2- 5 working days and you are able to track the parcel. The parcel was actually collected by TNT for delivery, although they also use DHL. Wel worth a look.

Mark

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 11:36 AM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

I have used DHL a number of times over the last couple of years. Usually book it through Parcel2Go  ( you can get a price quote on line as long as you have box dimensions and weight on hand ) we have sent personal items and some fairly delicate electronic items to customers all over Spain. No breakages at all, and customers have all told me how fast the delivery time has been.

Last year we sent two big cartons of bedding and household items to our address in Valencia, I sent the stuff 2 days ahead of our arrival thinking that we would be there before it arrived. It was in fact waiting with the local bar owner who had kindly took it in for us.

If you are sending expensive items check how much insurance cover you get with the online shipping quote that you get, quite often the quote looks good--but you then find out that you're only covered for about £50 loss or damage. You can of course buy higher cover for extra money  

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 5:42 AM by toto99 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Just dont use old union jack/easy storage in torremolinos, I waited 2 months for my stuff and then had to pay another delivery firm to deliver as my stuff was stuck in a lock up in london held to ransom as old union jack had not paid the storage fees or arranged the full delivery as promised! Also goes under the name of worldwide storage.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 4:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Our keyholder took delivery of our TV (in one piece as well) from TNT yesterday. Hopefully when we get there on Sunday it will be easy to set up and enjoy

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I'm not good enough for an Algorfa forum - 1 posts
Free Sky TV - 3 posts
1.9 stalite dish &sky box with card for sale - 12 posts
table tennis table, exterior wanted - 7 posts
Repossession - 1 posts
Private messages HELP PLEASE!!! - 11 posts
Dunelm offer... wow ! - 0 posts
Buying off plan - 4 posts
Van space to and from UK. - 1 posts
New To Forum - 1 posts
lisa stych-waterlily1975 - 7 posts
Advice needed please - 2 posts
GerardG - 1 posts
Post Office box (Apartado de Correos) - cost of annual renewal? - 0 posts
We are in Jardin, Miraflores - 2 posts
New Iceland store - 10 posts
Plusvalia who pays? - 14 posts
Transferring Electric and Water on completion enquiry - 13 posts
Tax on transfers - 11 posts
Mortgage broker - 4 posts
Utility Bills - 2 posts
ITV show 'Tonight' Friday 30th January 'Your pound abroad'. - 0 posts
Done, dusted, contracts exchanged.... - 12 posts
Looking for a good british lawyer - 21 posts
For Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x