Looking for a good british lawyer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by paulcarrs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Can anyone help me find a good british lawyer who will help me with this fiasco that's going on with the builder in spain, as i don't seem to be any futher forward with my so called BG and by the sounds of it i'm in danger of loseing my 30% deposit . any help would appreciated .

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 1:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Before you do that why not email Maria who posts on EOS. She's excellent & very dedicated to sorting things such as this out.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

Email her on mldecastro@costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 1:30 PM by paulcarrs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

That's great thanks

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 1:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I have alerted her to your thread, Paul.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 1:42 PM by paulcarrs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

That's good of you thanks

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 1:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hey, if we can't help those in need, whyever are we here, Paul ?

It must be a nightmare for you &, unfortunately, we hear far too much of what you likely are suffering.

I wish you good luck.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 2:58 PM by dave chis Star rating in San Juan De Los Terr.... 38 posts Send private message

dave chis´s avatar

Hi Paul. What area are you buying in as it can also be good to have a local lawyer. Whichever area it is I am sure that loads of people will have recommendations. Good luck

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 3:34 PM by paulcarrs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for your help i was meant to be buying in Santa Ana Del Monte in Jumilla.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 3:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Oh dear, Paul, I feel for you. Members on EOS have been discussing this in depth & are helping each other cope as best they can in these threads & others, click blue links

San Jose into liquidation.          Santa Ana Jumilia

Just in case anyone has missed this

If you do a search for Santa Ana Del Monte you'll read loads.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 4:09 PM by paulcarrs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you again those links were a big help , I must admit it's not looking good .The company i went through are trying to force me to move my deposit to another development but i've had enough of the whole thing . That's why i was looking for a british lawyer to help me sort this out .

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 4:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Paul, many are in the exact same position so try to stay calm. Read threads & take it all in, add your name to petitions listed too.

Join the development board for Santa Ana, Jumilla  click on blue link  Residencial Santa Ana del Monte

Take a look at all THEIR threads Click link >>  http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=R183

SO MUCH to read in there too, go join in.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 7:25 PM by paulcarrs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks again ,lots of good information on the threads .thanks for all your help.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 7:40 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Paul

Did you get a lette from the administrators initially asking you to confirm the amount paid, and then at the end of last year, confirming the details held about your deposit?  We were also buying at Santa Ana del Monte, so please PM me if you need further help.

You are probably better looking for a good Spanish lawyer who speaks English, as Spanish law is so different from UK law, such as Maria as suggested below.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 5:24 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Be sure that regardless the situation of the developer, If you are lucky to have a Bank Guarantee, you can execute it against the Guarantoor.

http://www.costaluzlawyers.es/index.php?page=bank-guarantee&hl=en_GB

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 8:35 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Thank you, Maria, for answering my PM & advising Paul.

Paul, you said 'so called BG', do you have one then ? 

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 9:26 AM by paulcarrs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Good morning ,

Yes i did have a BG but according ward and co who i'm dealing with, they are saying that by the time it goes through the courts very little of the deposit will remain if any ,so they are trying to force me to buy in another development even though i've told them on a number of occasions i would prefer to receive my deposit back . It just seems to be getting very messy .

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 9:43 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Maybe it's time to change lawyers, Paul. Email Maria privately & see if she can help further as she always seems to be able to do. I only know Maria through the forum but she has my utmost respect & delivers in many cases, it would seem.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 11:40 AM by dave chis Star rating in San Juan De Los Terr.... 38 posts Send private message

dave chis´s avatar

Hi Paul. There has been great support for you. As Morerosado says stay calm. It is great advice. There are unfortunately loads of people in your situation, and with help it will all come right. Do not do anything hasty. I am sure that with Maria's professional advice you will be ok. We will keep thinking about everyone in this situation and please keep us posted as to how you are getting on.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 12:26 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Paul - sorry to see that you are with Ward & Co.   I bought through them when they were called Smart Investment Services and they lied about everything - capital growth, rental income, furniture pack, I could go on.  I would strongly recommend that you try to get your deposit back on Santa Anna plus anything you paid Andrew Ward on top.  I know people who bought through them here on Playa Golf and lost a lot of money. 

In this climate you are better buying something that is completed and fully legal - and shop around for prices as many builders and owners are still reducing prices.

Best of luck

Like 0      
07 Feb 2009 6:00 PM by far Star rating in Dundrum, Co. Down. 169 posts Send private message

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear that you are also caught up in the San Jose mess

I transferred from Albatera to El Pinet last year, i am still waiting for the property to finish but at least the builders are back at the site. Do you have the original copy of your bank guarantee, if not, the lawyer you had at the time should have it, it should make things easier if you have the original but the bank have been known to pay out on copies but best not to give them any excuses to delay.

It may be possible for you to negotiate a good deal on a transfer if you are still keen to buy in Spain so don't be too hasty, El Pinet was the only place i liked beside's Albatera. It is tempting to call in the bank guarantee but as many have done so and have been waiting years for the bank to pay out, this may not be the best option. I don't want to end up with nothing or be spending thousands more on legal fee's but everyone has to decide the best option for them!

Best wishes to you, whatever you decide to do

FAR

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

For Sale - 0 posts
New TV service - 2 posts
Register to pay taxes - 17 posts
More Siesta Show - 8 posts
A question for Maria, Faults with new property. Any advice please - 4 posts
British Jobs for British Workers are you seeing Descrimination in Spain - 11 posts
Ryanair to charge £30 if duty free won't fit in hand baggage - 10 posts
Air conditioning units for sale - 2 posts
Nearly new fridge freezer for sale - 2 posts
New Single headboards for sale - 2 posts
Can Movistar switch off your mobile service if you don't use it a lot ? - 23 posts
Anyone tried 'Rent to Buy'? - 5 posts
Return money with an expired Bank Guarantee - 6 posts
EOS Property for sale direct site - Obsolete - 4 posts
Lisa Stych - 1 posts
Mortgage payment freeze: Over 35 Spanish credit institutions have signed an agreement ! - 2 posts
Los Pasos: Rojales (Costa Blanca) childrens nursery - 0 posts
Checking Car for Embargos etc - 3 posts
Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow.................. - 34 posts
Spanish equivalent of NHBC - 3 posts
Iain - 4 posts
Community Meeting - 2 posts
dog grooming - 3 posts
Community meeting - 4 posts
reputation of lawyers in spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x