Can Movistar switch off your mobile service if you don't use it a lot ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2009 5:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Check out page 7 in here http://www.justlanded.com/guides/movistar.pdf I posted link earlier in thread.

(The thread's starting to go round in circles somewhat).

Anyone asked to have their credit put on a new SIM ?

Sorry to hear that, lifeline. Can't you leave your number with a friend to put the minimum 5€ on before the six months is up if you're not there or, as you say, the person offering the service in the Postroom will do it for you ? Are you considering topping up online yourself, I knew you could. I heard if you are with Cambank you can top up via your a/c with Cam too. isn't it amazing what we don't know ?

Like 0      
31 Mar 2009 6:18 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I had trouble with my Moviestar phone as I had missed the 6 month deadline. I couldn't dial out or receive calls but when  I topped up with 5e at the local kiosk every thing was restored as normal.

I think you have 45 days after the top up date before your sim is cancelled.

My problem arose because I topped up two weeks earlier than normal and the date was changed.  I normally top up at end of December and end of June

Thanks for the warning I will take my phones in to make sure they are correctly registered.  Better to be safe than sorry 

Like 0      
31 Mar 2009 11:31 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

You can also top up using the Movistar web site on the net !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Apr 2009 9:35 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Topping up on line seems great and helps not to lose money. We are actually making a permanent move in the Summer so wont have that problem.

Registered our 10 year old at the local school-what a lovely welcome. All the English speaking children there love it!

Daveil

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone tried 'Rent to Buy'? - 5 posts
Return money with an expired Bank Guarantee - 6 posts
EOS Property for sale direct site - Obsolete - 4 posts
Lisa Stych - 1 posts
Mortgage payment freeze: Over 35 Spanish credit institutions have signed an agreement ! - 2 posts
Los Pasos: Rojales (Costa Blanca) childrens nursery - 0 posts
Checking Car for Embargos etc - 3 posts
Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow.................. - 34 posts
Spanish equivalent of NHBC - 3 posts
Iain - 4 posts
Community Meeting - 2 posts
dog grooming - 3 posts
Community meeting - 4 posts
reputation of lawyers in spain - 7 posts
so many charges and taxes - 4 posts
Start my New Job Today - 15 posts
landscaper of any theme ask me questions - 0 posts
Are you having trouble contacting your property manger on Costa del Sol? - 0 posts
What is the most cost effective way for moving your furniture to Spain from the UK. - 13 posts
What is the most cost effective way for moving your furniture to Spain from the UK. - 6 posts
Dealing with funerals in UK and living in Spain - 17 posts
Successfully sued a builder for not providing facilities promised? - 0 posts
Furniture fitters (Costa Blanca area) - 1 posts
Any help would be appreciated. - 3 posts
Mazarron Country Club - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x