JUSTIN: Advice sought re Googling for EOS (& others) .. may harm my PC (WOT ?!?)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Justin

I was just Googling for a EOS development thread's posts (I Googled for 'fortuna golf development forum eye on spain' ) & got this below.

It says that clicking to read EOS site (as well as others listed) may harm my computer !!!!!! (Read further down for my other info please too).

I posted this on the Justin & Susan's Siesta show  thread but you haven't seen it, I assume.

30 Jan 2009 4:45 PM

morerosado
Star rating
** EOS Superstar **

morerosado´s avatar

I'm in Somerset, UK / Guardamar, Costa Blanca

I've made 5849 posts

Justin, I don't know what happened  but when I clicked on your link in the email it came up with 'this page cannot be displayed', (you know the type!) so I came into your blog here & clicked that link & that worked fine.

HOWEVER, I went back to the link in the email & clicked it again & it still showed 'this page cannot be displayed' THEN my PC started going loopy & 50 pages all saying 'this page cannot be opened'  came on &, as fast as I clicked on one X to get rid, another up to 50 took its place.

OH had gone out to library so I tried to close all down. I could only close the whole group so I lost what I was working on.

So, what on earth was all that about ?

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 3:23 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

More, I was just googling for cars for sale in dubai (need a new one!!) and got the same thing for every website!  I then opened another browser (I was using Firefox) and did the same and didn't receive any warning on any of the sites.  Not sure if this is a Google thing or a Firefox.  What browser were you using?

Edited to say: Just cleared my cache and tried again with Firefox and no warnings this time.  It may have just been a glitch somewhere, but not having a problem now.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 1/31/2009.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 3:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jan, it's Internet Explorer 6

EDITED TO ADD: Just tried exact same &, as Jan said, it's gone now, from mine too. Very spooky.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/31/2009.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 3:29 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Think I edited at the same time you posted!  Try clearing your cache and searching again.  Think it may have been a Google problem.  I tried the same search, when I first saw the warnings, on Yahoo and they didn't come up.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 3:29 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

Hapened to me to, think it must be a Google thing, all websites displayed as not safe apart from the sponsored links on the right hand side. Seems like it lasted about 10 mins with my, all ok and back to normal now

Steve

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 3:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 4:27 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I don't use Google so it's not a problem. I just come on here and ask the question .

Mark

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 6:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just found this article about the problem.

Mark

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 6:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark said 'I don't use Google so it's not a problem. I just come on here and ask the question .'

No one wants my opinion on this.  I drink lots more these days, lol.

Hey, who's nicked the drinking smiley ?   It's gorne, hasn't it ?

Good link mate, good link.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 6:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

31 Jan 2009 6:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

The   isn't there when I click on the smiley above.  

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 6:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Yeah it is, honest. There are 5 rows of smilies and it is on the bottom one with the whistling smiley. It may be because you are using IE6 and not IE7?

Mark

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 6:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark, I see 4 rows only. I've always seen drinky one before though.

(Oh, I have FAR better smileys anyway, not to worry).  I've added the drink one to my Morerosado's pics in browse server option. 

OH installed I.E.7 ages ago & it caused probs, I hated it so, as he'd put a restore point on, he got rid. We still use I.E.6

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/31/2009.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 10:49 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

I had this problem with the pc I have "hijacked" .Removed some of the BT Yahoo stuff and it is o.k. now.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 9:43 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

If you had googled 'Google' during that particular time frame you would have seen that they too were likely to harm your computer.

Full explanation from Google here

Finger touble then...or was it?

This is a prime example of the extent to which Google controls the Internet these days; good reputations can be ruined in seconds; privacy means nothing to these people.

Check out the privacy issues relating to Google Earth Street View ...Already Madrid, Seville, Barcelona and Valencia are covered. I make quite extensive use of Google Earth's Aerial Mapping and its pretty obvious that if you do make use of this service that Google are watching you too.

Why else pray, with the whole of Granada and all of the other major cities in Spain to photograph, did they send one of their camera cars through the streets of my village (population 368), even to the point of passing my house which is on a street so narrow that you have to pull in your wing mirrors to stop them scraping on the houses on both sides?

In the States where Street view kicked off, virtually every house in every city has been photographed and put on the net.  In Irvine, California I found a picture of my sister unpacking groceries from her car!

Big Brother is no longer the real estate of governments worldwide; it also applies to Google.

Call me paranoid if you will or must but there is just too much surveillance, too much control and its time people woke up to the facts.

Think on the saying 'Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely'  the next time some jumped up little airport nazi tells you to take of your shoes, your belt, and whatever else he/she feels is necessary at the time. Do the Browns, Blair's, Bush's, Obama's and other high ups experience these controls? Of course not since they are for the most part the very people who instigated them!

It's all about control and the sad thing is that there seems to be no-way of stopping these power-mad people, organisations and corporations. Effectively we are now, all of us, slaves to the system.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 3:22 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please respect forum rules **

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 5:42 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Acky,

Have you read More's profile she does not actually live in Spain?

If she did maybe More would not be posting much at all.

Pat

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 7:58 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please respect terms of posting **

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN: Search facility - 2 posts
Fortuna Golf, Mercia. - 3 posts
Apartment rental wanted - 2 posts
Traditional Spanish bbq Heredades - 0 posts
Damp in apartments - 2 posts
MARIA - Can you or anybody else offer ANY advice please. - 0 posts
Swimming Pool - 30 posts
Carnaval de Cádiz - 0 posts
car tax - 12 posts
Not sure what to do. - 8 posts
COSTA DEL SOL ACTION GROUP - 2 posts
Costa del Sol One bedroom apartment wanted rental period February 21 to March 13, 2009 - 0 posts
ANDULACIAN DREAM HOMES AGENTS IN FUENGIROLA - 1 posts
Anyone in Aguas Nuevas, Torrevieja - 0 posts
Fireplace required in Marbella area.... - 11 posts
L/Term rental required Costa Calida coastal area please - 0 posts
Feliz cumpleaños Maria de Castro - 10 posts
ADVICE / HELP PLEASE: Reclaiming instalment payments & interest - 9 posts
Private Car Hire - 0 posts
JUSTIN : Text size in posts these days, help needed please. - 0 posts
Long term apartment required-Couple no children or pets-non-smokers, teetotal - 14 posts
Ok I'm lost (again)......... - 3 posts
Las Rambles costa blanca - 27 posts
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK - 1 posts
Hi....new on EOS and need ideas - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x