Damp in apartments

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by JHW Star rating. 0 posts

Hi Is there anyone out there who has experienced damp in their apartment and have any advice on their own experiences---our appeared in the summer and is steadily getting worse! we cannot get replies from anyone who should be dealing with it --we were not planning to visit until next summer so dealing with it at a distance is stressful , although friends on site are very supportive.jw

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 11:27 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Whereabouts have you bought? It would help others in your area to help you.

There were issues with damp on one of the developments in Vera, but they were usually limited to ground floor property where the lawn sprinklers were badly adjusted. Do you have a keyholder to regularly air your property?

Mark

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 6:08 PM by wodge Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

You need to determine the source of the damp i.e rising, penatrative or humidity damp. The majority of problems relate to humidity damp and the only way to solve that is to increase ventilation.

I control tha damp in my apartment by leaving a dehumidifier on whilst the property is unoccupied. The water collected drains directly into the shower tray and avoids the need for anyone to empty the collection container.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MARIA - Can you or anybody else offer ANY advice please. - 0 posts
Swimming Pool - 30 posts
Carnaval de Cádiz - 0 posts
car tax - 12 posts
Not sure what to do. - 8 posts
COSTA DEL SOL ACTION GROUP - 2 posts
Costa del Sol One bedroom apartment wanted rental period February 21 to March 13, 2009 - 0 posts
ANDULACIAN DREAM HOMES AGENTS IN FUENGIROLA - 1 posts
Anyone in Aguas Nuevas, Torrevieja - 0 posts
Fireplace required in Marbella area.... - 11 posts
L/Term rental required Costa Calida coastal area please - 0 posts
Feliz cumpleaños Maria de Castro - 10 posts
ADVICE / HELP PLEASE: Reclaiming instalment payments & interest - 9 posts
Private Car Hire - 0 posts
JUSTIN : Text size in posts these days, help needed please. - 0 posts
Long term apartment required-Couple no children or pets-non-smokers, teetotal - 14 posts
Ok I'm lost (again)......... - 3 posts
Las Rambles costa blanca - 27 posts
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK - 1 posts
Hi....new on EOS and need ideas - 14 posts
El Saltador - 0 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 0 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 0 posts
Phase 2 apartments AGM - 6 posts
Can one negotiate with a developer when buying an over-valued apartment? - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x