Fireplace required in Marbella area....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by swaro3 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

I have a 2 bed/2 bath apartment in the La Quinta area near Pt Banus.

The property was built about 3 years ago, and has a chimney fitted as built, but no fireplace.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier and 'fitter' to install....?

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 6:19 PM by swaro3 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Has a quote from the origional developer, but this is far too expensive.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that supplies/fits fores to appartments.....? Marbella area.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 6:49 PM by debbie01 Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Andy

Saw your original note and see that you have also had a quote from the developer - guessing La Quinta and not surprised it comes in high.  We live in the same area I have used a local company to supply and fit if you like?  Let me know and I will speak with the guy to make sure he is happy for me to post his contact details to you - although he has a shop I do have a mobile contact no. so like to check.

Wait to hear.

Debbie

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 7:03 PM by swaro3 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Thanks Debbie, that would be great.

The property is in La Quinta (Buenavista de La Quinta). Please send me details by Private Messenger if it's easier than in open forum.

I am based in the UK, and our long term tenant stated the property was cold in the winter, as the air con (heat mode) was not sufficient.

Can you recommend a reasonably efficient type that is suitable for these apartments.

Thanks again for your time.

Andy.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 4:44 PM by debbie01 Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Andy

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I needed to check that the company was OK for me to add their details.  I am unable to use private messenger as apparently it is not set up as standard.  I have written to seek permission but no feedback just yet.

Not to worry - the guy I have used for a number of different projects is based in Nueva Andalucia by the Pasta Caffe roundabout.  As you go past Mercadona towards the Pasta Caffe, Pias is on the left hand side.  It has a selection of fires etc outside.  He has done some great works that I have seen.  Speak with Eduard - he speaks good English and will take time to understand what you want, design, budget etc.  Appreciate you have tenants in your property currently but not a problem for Eduard to be left alone in properties as I have found him to be completely trustworthy.

For information I know people who have had fairly plain woodburning fires installed - believe your urbanizacion already has the flues in place like ours - I am closer towards The Westin. 

Just to throw something in the pot - I find it odd that the hot / cold air system is not effective? If it is not heating up it may need topping up with gas - I have just done a few of these recently as the systems were not so good - what a difference.  May be worth checking otherwise your tenant may be bending your ear when summer kicks in!

Hope this helps.

Debbie

PS - I tried to include their email address and website but the site does not allow me to do this - sorry.  Suggest you may have to look at Freshdirectory on-line to get this data. 

Chimeneas, Fire and Design, S.L.

Phone -office- : 0034 951 275 693

Fax                 : 0034 952 852 513

Mobil              : 0034 600 342 936   ( Eduard ) 

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 9:30 PM by swaro3 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Debbie,

Thanks very much for your responce. Great advice. We will look at getting the A/C checked out first ~ do you recommend thisis done by the developer.....?

Sorry for all the questions, it's a little difficult being so distant from the property.

Thanks again,

Andy.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 12:58 PM by debbie01 Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 11 posts Send private message

No problem.  The office team are helpful (you probably email Manuel who is wonderful) but costs can be high.  I use a company for maintenance and repairs and have worked with them for 2 years.  They charge a call out fee (which includes their first hour) andf then a charge for every hour or part thereafter.  They will also charge for the gas.  Depends on the problem (if there is one).  I did one recently which had a leak and they needed to work out where the unit was leaking from.  I can't send you the email or web page as I still do not have access to this facility just yet.  So can only provide telephone contacts for you.  However if you go on line to freshdirectory spain you should be able to get this company email and website (they also advertise in the Sur so you can always go on line and check out their classified advert.  Simon is the owner and he normally takes the calls but books one of his guys in (I normally deal with Dean - great guy and really reliable) - tel 952 596 404 or Simon's mobile 679 264 959.  Assuming you must have a private renter in place otherwise your rental agent would deal with all this stuff.

Hope this helps - must fly have a few maintenance projects to sort today.

Debbie

Like 0      
19 Jun 2013 2:18 PM by Rodmarbella Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I have a limited stock of very beautiful Ethanol fireplaces. EXtremely trendy new and high end deco products. Please contact for photos and more information. Now at 50% reduction to celebrate opening of new business. Genuine limited offer, so please don't wait and miss out on amazing offer.

Contact Rod on 633339087.

Fitting service same day. Also bespoke designs possible.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2013 2:43 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I´m not in your area Rod, but I wanted to ask about Ethanol fires.  They look absolutely amazing and I want something where I won´t need any kind of chimney, so they seemed ideal.

However, friends tell me that they will not heat a house in winter to a comfortable level, only really provide background heat.  Can you - or anyone else - advise on their heating ability?

Like 0      
19 Jun 2013 3:35 PM by Rodmarbella Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Claire,

I recently moved into a nice penthouse apartment one month ago...the only thing it didn't have was a fireplace...something I totally love on the more windy, chilly nights..not just for heat, but also for the live fire warmth to a room..a real flame creates warmth like no other. Anyway, before moving in I researched what alternatives there might be, as I was determined to try something! Thus 2 months ago I started to plan/research and came across these bio friendly ethanol fireplaces - I never knew they existed before this!. I was thrilled to discover that there was a solution. However, I was also equally shocked by the cost of these very trendy designer items. And here we are now coming to the question in hand Claire which you have asked. Do they really provide suffiecient effective heat or are they more deco items. the universal answer to the effectivness to anything you buy is this - 'You get what you pay for'. There are many many different models from cheap n cheerful to serious business ethanol fireplaces with serious output of heat. It depends what your after. You see cheapy one with several little circular pots to give the 'effect' but not the output...the serious one have extremely heavy graded stainless steel containment boxs. If you send an email to me at rod1marbella @ hotmail . com I can send you photos of the styles I currently have and statistics etc. theres lots and lots of information on the net explaining all fortunately. there are different sizes of box which emit more heat and burn etc...so tailored to the size of room you are trying to fill. Remember most tradition fireplaces shoot their heat right out the hole in the roof ie chimney! these fires retain all of the radient heat into the room. The opener can be partially opened and closed to modify heat output and burn. I think these things are the fireplaces best thing since sliced bread. Also no dust/dirt, so allergy free too! Hope this helps for starters. If your interested in any of the models I have, don't go by the prices you seen on current internet sites! Some are worth thousands... a fire is no good to you when you have a hreat attack! For example the trendy large coffee table with the ethanol fire incorporated is about 3200e! I have a showroom model for half this price ;) Still pricey for sure, but these are the serious output high end versions. I and my partner have a cube version with lots of graded stainless steel and black..very cool looking...costs over 5000e online! The offers I have are completely genuine, but unfortunately limited. Snend email and will be happy to show you models available. Lots of people may think, buy hey its the summer...true, but these fires on terraces etc are a beautiful and trendy focal point...and not all nights are without a bit of a chill lol. Also, and probably the biggest factor...if you see this and say to yourself 'I'll wait until the summer is over' ..very well and good - but these untis I have will DEFinitely be gone!

Hope this was a little informative :)

Best regards,

Rod

Like 0      
19 Jun 2013 4:58 PM by Rodmarbella Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

opps..

Was wrong about the coffee table version...its actually over 2880e! check here...

Check out bioflama web site..its on here

I'm parting with my item for 1500e

Like I said, I'm offering serious discounts! I only have one of these styles....tic toc.

Have several other styles also...L shaped (4no.)and various others..

Please mail if serious about purchase.

Some are wall mounts style - these can be fitted same day for small additional price.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 1:45 PM by lizajennifer Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hey Debbie,Great advice , i als have been looking for this solution ans you post helped me thanks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

L/Term rental required Costa Calida coastal area please - 0 posts
Feliz cumpleaños Maria de Castro - 10 posts
ADVICE / HELP PLEASE: Reclaiming instalment payments & interest - 9 posts
Private Car Hire - 0 posts
JUSTIN : Text size in posts these days, help needed please. - 0 posts
Long term apartment required-Couple no children or pets-non-smokers, teetotal - 14 posts
Ok I'm lost (again)......... - 3 posts
Las Rambles costa blanca - 27 posts
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK - 1 posts
Hi....new on EOS and need ideas - 14 posts
El Saltador - 0 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 0 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 0 posts
Phase 2 apartments AGM - 6 posts
Can one negotiate with a developer when buying an over-valued apartment? - 13 posts
la zenia ,playa flamenca,la freda torreveja town - 0 posts
TV reception in my area - 0 posts
Anyone recommend an estate agent in the Axarquia/Rincon de la Victoria area? - 0 posts
MOVING TO SPAIN 2010 - 2 posts
Drop in Rental Income - How Far??? - 2 posts
Pruna.....Can anyone tell me what it is like ???? - 1 posts
GBP v EURO. - 26 posts
playa flaminca - 0 posts
Planning Permission. Anyone any idea how long it normally takes? 6 months, 6 years!? - 0 posts
All-in-one Printer/copier/fax/scan - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x