Las Rambles costa blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by lotty Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

My husband and I are thinking of buying a holiday home in las rambles golf, We dont know much about this area and what agents to use or can we buy direct from owners. we would be very glad of any information on las rambles.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2009 4:58 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Lotty - do you mean Las Ramblas, beside Campoamor Golf?  You say you don't know much about the area so, if you don't mind me saying, I wonder why you are thinking of buying there?  There is so much property available here (I live about 1km away on Playa Golf) that you will be spoiled for choice.  My advice is always to spend time in the area and get to know what you really want before committing yourself. 

Las Ramblas is beautiful and there are lots of different house styles to choose from and it is fairly near the coast.  You also have Campoamor golf next door and a bit closer to the coast you have Playa Golf - each have slightly different things to offer.  I moved out here about 8 months ago and am now working as an estate agent, so if you want to know a bit about the area I would be delighted to help.

Regards

Like 0      
30 Jan 2009 6:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Lotty.

Member 'georgia' on here is a wonderful hard working estate agent in that area & has a website http://www.distantshores.es/  He has helped many on EOS with advice & guidance.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 11:00 AM by lotty Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Thanks for your comments yes it is beside Campoamor, when i said about  not knowing the area i have visited the area about six times viewing propereties. The only place that i  viewed that did not feel like big housing estates was las rambles it had a lot of trees and green areas. I dont know Playa Golf is it like las rambles.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 12:07 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Lotty - The Playa Golf development is just at the back of Aldi's - about half-way between the sea and Las Ramblas so you have probably passed it many times. 

It is quite different from Las Ramblas and I know what you mean about housing estates.  Playa Golf is a big urbanisation and, from the road, I guess it does look like just another big housing estate but it is quite cleverly designed with wide and narrow roads and some landscaping and we are building a nice friendly community here.  Do have a look - I have quite a few properties listed here - and I would be happy to chat with you about the various areas around the area.

Regards  

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 5:28 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Hi Lotty,

I agree with morerosado.  Many of us have asked Georgia for help & he has already helped me in practically everything I need & this is only the beginning. I'd been in contact with several "agents" before Georgia & I've not come across one who is so hard working & genuinely looking after my interest & he has already helped me all the way through from choosing the location to negotiations with the builder.

Georgia is such a Fantastic Real Estate Agent that I  will never regret asking him for help. I'm so glad I found him in this forum as I was in circles with the other "agents" who are really interested in getting commission from me rather than genuinely wanting to help me after asking them a few questions.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 9:52 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

hi lotty, welcome to the forum.

Another tip for you is to look into the council services in which ever area you're looking at .  My parents had a family holiday home in Dehesa de Campoamor for years and we still love the area around there, but when we came to buy ourselves we bought just over the 'border' of the council that runs campoamor and went into the council area of Pilar de la horadada. 

There are some big differences in council services in some areas, depending on where you live, it probably only matters if these things are important to you.   The main difference in services is that are our bins are emptied every night, which is needed when it's very hot!  In some places it's weekly or less.  Green and open areas are looked after very well and taken very seriously, municipal sports centre and swimming pool, health centres and 2 large police stations with great service. 

good luck in your search !

Jane

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 1:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I would also check out areas on very rainy days (Spain DOES have these, we've been there many times when it's rained & rained ) as there's a lot of flooding around some apartment blocks I know of, maybe not in the area you are thinking of buying into, I don't know. Certainly flooding occurs in certain roads back of Lidl's Playa Flamenca, ask Georgia. Photos of flooding have been posted in Karensun's blog  Check out RAIN IN SPAIN (Click blue links).

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 10:35 AM by delta210 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

european sun and golf homes.ask for frank he is boss of estate agent very good,he is based in playa flamenca complex.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 9:16 PM by lotty Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Thanks for all your help I will contact Georgia in the next week, I was speaking to someone today who last year was buying in costa blanca properrty was €260,000 she decided not to go ahead and last friday agent rang and they said property was now €130,000,  It is a good time to buy hope I get a deal like this what do you think?.

Lotty

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 9:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Lotty, if a deal can be done, Georgia can arrange it, say I said hello.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 10:06 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Lotty,

Yes as More says, Georgia will get you a really good deal a good honest estate agent as many will tesify on the forum.

Good Luck Pat

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 11:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Lotty

Yes, good honest and straight forward advice from Georgia, he has helped me in the past and I had already bought. So for an agent to take time out to help someone who is not a potential customer is worth their weight in gold. Not mny like that I can assure you. Good luck Lotty and hope you find a good bargain and are as happy with your place in Spain as we are

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 11:52 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All,

Sorry i have missing recently,i am in negotiations for a couple of clients and it becomes all consuming.

I think Builders are at the point of putting a picture of me in their offices with a warning "If you see this agent run because he will screw you to the floor!!"

It's good fun though,they have had the power for too long,now it's our turn.

Lotty,

Las Ramblas is very nice and in the past prices have refelcted this (maybe a little too high in my opinion).

There are some very nice golf resorts around near the coast and if you haven't visited many of them maybe it would be an idea to do so.

If anything this will serve to either confirm your choice or maybe offer you other alternatives,it may seem a cliche and pardon the estate agent speak but you can get some really good deals if you negotiate hard for what you want, be it either a builder or a private vendor.

Without knowing completely what sort of property you are looking at and the budget it is hard to give accurate advice but if you are looking specifically for Golf  then maybe google "La Finca" Algorfa and a few others in the area.

I am always happy to help.

Thank you everyone for you kind comments.

Agents do take a battering sometimes on here and some rightly so but there are a few of us left still fighting the fight.

Take Care

Georgia

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 12:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Agents do take a battering sometimes on here and some rightly so but there are a few of us left still fighting the fight.

And that is exactly the reason why those who have grown to know you over a period of time either by 'chatting' on here or having the pleasure of meeting you, are so happy to recommend you, 'Georgia'.

You have called on us at our home in Guardamar & said 'I only have a few minutes, More' then stayed over an hour.  You have lent us your Black & Decker electric sander when you saw my better other half could really do with one. We met you on the seafront for a coffee when Acapulco & his wife were in your very capable hands. You sold them a great property & negotiated a brilliant deal. (At least you know who your neighbours are ! )

You 'insisted'  we watch you play in a footie match where you spent time (accidentally) head butting your opposite  & leaving the field for a quick smoke more often than you should've !  We met your beautiful wife & your youngest daughter who, I know, is the apple of your eye.

We missed seeing you over Christmas & New Year sadly  but we did call & you were out & you did call on us & we were out as well.

I know many people who began as clients are now friends & we love seeing you. Roll on next month.

x x x

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 3:04 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Just for your information folks I amnow secretary /treasurer of the Georgia fan club. There will of course bea small admission fee( Got to pay for that damn villa he sold me somehow) all donations gratefully reecied.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 4:17 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia,

I'm so sorry for making you work so hard with all these negotiations with the builder. I've to say that I'm very happy with all these extra features I'm getting without having to pay for them. I'm looking forward to live in my perfect custom-built villa next year.

Thanks Georgia for all your hard work & making it possible for me to have my dream home in sunny Spain.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 4:25 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi ForHotSpot,

There you go when your Villa is finished you can charge an admission fee and show everyone all the added extras. Than give it to Acapulco for Georgia:s fund

I bet Georgia is enjoying himself bartering

Glad it is going well Pat

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 4:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Well, count ME in, Acapulco.

Here's my euros

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 4:33 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks Pat.  Will do. Is Acapulco serious about  Georgia's fan club?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK - 1 posts
Hi....new on EOS and need ideas - 14 posts
El Saltador - 0 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 0 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 0 posts
Phase 2 apartments AGM - 6 posts
Can one negotiate with a developer when buying an over-valued apartment? - 13 posts
la zenia ,playa flamenca,la freda torreveja town - 0 posts
TV reception in my area - 0 posts
Anyone recommend an estate agent in the Axarquia/Rincon de la Victoria area? - 0 posts
MOVING TO SPAIN 2010 - 2 posts
Drop in Rental Income - How Far??? - 2 posts
Pruna.....Can anyone tell me what it is like ???? - 1 posts
GBP v EURO. - 26 posts
playa flaminca - 0 posts
Planning Permission. Anyone any idea how long it normally takes? 6 months, 6 years!? - 0 posts
All-in-one Printer/copier/fax/scan - 4 posts
Car boot sales on the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
Lemon Tree - 1 posts
BIG truck required to hire for about a week. - 0 posts
advice needed would like to set up a chiken farm - 1 posts
First Assembly of Owners - 0 posts
Buying a Spanish car, is there any charges and who pays for them - 4 posts
Baby clothes, - 6 posts
Going home? Car swop, genuine, not a dealer. spanish car wanted - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x