Broadband Service in the Manilva Area & Compatible Computer Connections

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by Marcus Y Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi All

Does anyone have any recommendations on who is the best broadband provider in the Duquesa area please, i'd be interested to hear how:

1) Easy it is to get the service

2) How loog it takes from initial order

3) Cost involved

Are the UK phone computer phone socket leads suitable for use in Spain?

Please excuse my ignorance in this area.

Best wishes & thank you in advance

Marcus

Like 0      
15 Jan 2009 10:55 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Marcus

Let's see....

1) Most areas are ok but still some areas without a phone service

2) 1 - 2 weeks if you there is facility for a phone line in your area

3) Phone + broadband I think is around 60 Euros per month

4) UK sockets are not compatible

There are a few companies offering broadband services but we have heard some horror stories so it is probably better if you just go with Telefonica, who are a horror story all of their own....better the devil you know!

You need to call 1004 from a spanish phone and ask to speak to someone in English.  Make sure you order a phone line with ADSL....

Best of luck

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Jan 2009 9:03 AM by landcrab Star rating in Oslo/ Costa-del-Sol. 5 posts Send private message

Before you go down the telefonica route check if there is wi-fi system in your area, it could save you time and hassle.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2009 9:21 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Or VODAFONE who have several services, none need a land line or connection or dealing with telefonica!

For 39 euros per month (plus iva) you get a modem that you place into a usb point, it installs itself and off you go - fully useable anywhere there is coverage, cafes, bars, hotels etc!

They do a landline as well for 15 euros per month which includes free calls to any landline in Spain - this landline comes over the mobile phone network so you can carry it with you anywhere too! Great if you are going to move house etc.

They also do an adsl fone package for in the house, all wireless but depends on if you have coverage as its relatively new in being set up

I managed to finally extract myself from telefonica late last year and am solely with vodafone. They are not perfect but there customer service is a much better level than anything I have experienced before and they have actual people you can talk to.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
16 Jan 2009 3:07 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

We are in Manilva and we waited 2 years for a phone and broadband.  I have posted the tale of this farce with Telefonica already somewhere else on the eyeonspain website.  The internet didn't work with WIFI so they took it away, also because my neighbour threatened to sue them as they had attached MY dish to HIS chimney!  However, I do have the phone on a wireless connection and that is fine, but they are still trying to bill me every month for the broadband that I never had!  But at least I can ring them up now and tell them how useless they are.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Digital Radio in Spain - 7 posts
CONVERTING RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR TO LEFT HAND DRIVE - 37 posts
life guard - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to Murcia. - 0 posts
Planning permission needed? - 8 posts
Satellite TV Tenerife - 1 posts
builders mortgage - 5 posts
Thanks! - 0 posts
Is the current economic climate a reason for non completion. - 8 posts
renting apartment - 1 posts
Business premises lease for sale - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a local lawyer (Almería) experienced in dealing with Dación en pago? Advice? - 9 posts
HI, new to forum. Has anyone used propertyinspain.net? Are they reliable? - 21 posts
Lodgings required. - 2 posts
Advice needed - thinking of selling apartment in Phase 7 - 3 posts
BMW 316 COUPE FOR SALE 2002 - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a local lawyer (Almería) experienced in dealing with Dación en pago? Advice? - 1 posts
Legal aspect of renting long term. - 0 posts
Linda - 0 posts
Overview of the health system in Spain - 6 posts
livery for horses urgent. - 0 posts
Anybody taking a van to Costa del Sol with space available early Feb? - 2 posts
New claim for .Aifos bankruptcy - 2 posts
Beer Pumps for sale - 1 posts
Linea Direct - Cancellation process - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x