Any good news out there?????

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by loubi Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi,  we have purchased a property on Gardens of Manilva Country Club.  I was just wondering if anyone has any good news about this development.  All I have read and heard is bad news.  Surely there is some good news???? I know it is difficult times but, I just wonder what others think about this development.  Do you feel it will all be ok after the financial turmoil?

Also, I would be intersted to think what people think who already won properties.  Do you wish you had never had them etc???

Very worrying times.  WE just want to make the best choice.  Is it best to walk away, with very little chance of getting money back or to take on a property in the hope taht you rent it out?

Many thanks

Louci

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 12:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I wouldn't take on a property you had to rely on renting out to be able to afford. I think the Spanish and mainland Europeans will be the holiday customers this year with the Brits possibly staying away. There is a glut of holiday rentals, you can see how many just by looking at the advertising sites. A Spanish one I use went from 20,000 properties in April last year to 45,000 by the end of September!!

Sorry, don't know anything about your particular development though, have you seen if there is a dedicated forum for it on here? I am sure there is.

Mark

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 2:13 PM by loubi Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, tahnks for the response.  There is a dedicated sitebut, its all bad news unfortunately.  At a cost of 220000 with no leisure facilities (spa resturants etc) I feel it is going to be hard to rent and therofre may aswell take the loss now.  A mortgage would be around 1000 a month which is a lot of money to pay when all of the facilities are not as you purchased.

Loubi

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 2:22 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

If you take a look in the blogs, you should see the blog de maria at Costa Luz Lawyers (I would say PM her but you haven't made enough posts yet) to see what your options are. Maria has posted that you don't necessarily have to lose the deposit if it is too late, not up to spec, etc. It would be worth your time dropping her a line for input.

Regards

Mark

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 3:41 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi Loubi

We were over near Gardens of Manilva at Christmas and had a ride around, we must say they are looking very nice (although not sure why they are cutting holes in the walls of some of the apartments) but as you say it is a bit of a gamble if there are no facilties, the only thing we would say is the properties at the front of the development appear to have fantasic views with no chance of them being disturbed but it depends what you want from your apartment - investment - well possibly only in the long term but who knows how long.  It is a big question do you bite the bullet and walk away or hang on and see if you can make something of it.  Are you a pesimist or an optimist?  One of us is a pesimist and the other an optimist, often the optimist wins.  We can understand you thinking the other thread always has bad news but then anything ovp have been involved in have in most cases brought bad news unless somebody reading this can tell us otherwise - it would be nice to hear for a change - could faith be restored?  We doubt it.

Jojan

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 3:59 PM by loubi Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hiya, well the holes in the wall are something do with cracks?? structural maybe, which is not good news.  I have been optimistc about them but, I truly feel that the commercial centre etc will never be built and therefore any rental return / holiday retun very poor.  Ideally we would like to say that we are not signing for it until the commercial centre is built, but I feel that they will say well don't sign.  Decissions, decissions hey!!

Loubi 

Like 0      
11 Jan 2009 7:33 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You do have rights for waiting to sign till everything which was published is finished.

Publicity is part of the contract:  http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/publicity-contract.aspx

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Life style thoughts on 2009-what are yours? - 0 posts
WARNING WHEN BUYING A NEW LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR - 5 posts
Holiday rental las kalendas - 0 posts
Education in Andalucia - 0 posts
Registering with schools for the first time .... - 25 posts
Buying a villa with planning permission issues - 2 posts
almeria airport carhire quote - 1 posts
Buying a villa with planning permission issues - 7 posts
Getting Older in Spain - 16 posts
Where are we holidaying this year? - 29 posts
we're giving the UK the fingers up.Selling UK property before UK goes to the dogs - 260 posts
Limited 3% - 0 posts
WHEN ADOES A PROPERTY BECOME LIABLE FOR COMMUNITY CHARGES - 3 posts
posting to the uk - 4 posts
Dedicated to Woolworths and M&S Staff and all those under Threat in dear old England...... - 0 posts
Wood burning stoves... - 14 posts
Long Term rental required....... - 6 posts
Advice for en-route hotel - 4 posts
satellite dish size - 8 posts
Receiving a PM - help needed please - 7 posts
ATMs at Alicante Airport? - 3 posts
Christmas Trees... - 3 posts
Taxes in Costaluz according to Aristotles. - 0 posts
Xmas request? - 0 posts
3-4 Month Property rental needed - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x