Where are we holidaying this year?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

So far we have planned trips to:

Madrid then Toledo and possibly Cuenca over the course of a few days.

London for some theatre, museums and sight seeing

Sicily

We may possibly squeeze in a Sierra Nevada skiing trip and a night in Tarifa in the summer. I would also like to spend a few days in Grazalema during the summer.

I quite fancy a trip to Bologna in the autumn since Ryan Air fly grom Granada to Bologna starting in March.

Wouldn't mind some German markets in December if I can find some really cheap flights to Berlin.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 6:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Spain in Feb, May & June this year so far

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 6:30 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Going to Almeria 21st Jan for 3 weeks and looking forward to it

My place is not ready yet so staying at Andalus Vera Playa...not a holiday as still working !

So far booked 10 weeks up to October so far...book early and the flights are cheap....great place to visit

For value for money anyone buying now ....... & for that matter at anytime...great locations and some great deals

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 6:34 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

So, being here in Dubai, where flights aren't so cheap and some destinations not so abundant (like no direct flights to anywhere in Spain from the UAE!!!), we're thinking of a trip to Langkawi in Malaysia at easter and then Spain in the summer, via London with some good British culture and history experienced during our transit, seeing that our son has alot to learn about his roots (we did Scotland last year!!).  

There may be a short break in Italy during the summer, from Spain (although got to work out the expense there!!).

Edited to say: Thanks, Susan, just registered about the Ryan Air from Granada to Bologna flights!!  Must check that out!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 1/8/2009.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 7:45 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Pitby

There are few local options to Italy such as Vueling Malaga to Rome or Seville to Venice. Also Ryan Air do Seville to Milan(Bergamo, which is a very pretty place even if Milan is a little industrial), Pisa (which is good for exploring Florence too) and Sardinia (I think).

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 7:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I hope Langkawi has changed a bit in the last 20 years, otherwise that's going to be one really boring holiday, Pitby!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 8:07 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

April = Spain, May = Spain, June = Spain, August = Spain

All booked & then October & Christmas in erm.......... Spain!!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 8:35 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi i have booked spain for feb march april august and september more hols to book  but i wounder  where?bye irene

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 9:28 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

Hoping to move over to spain in early february full-time!! Brief trip to london in july for a party.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 10:18 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

We have booked June and October ....Spain of course.

We thought we might do a holiday within a holiday in June and have a few days in either Madrid, Valencia or Granada. if any one has any advice.

Can't wait till we retire [about 15 years!!] so we can spend more time in Spain, or move there permanently. 

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 8:26 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

peteranne

I have so far been to Granada out of the three which we loved especially the  Alhambra and if you are in that area, it makes sense to do  Cordoba too. We are off to Madrid soon as sometimes you need some tbig city time when you live on the coast. We are going to combine Madrid with Toledo. I also want to do Valencia at some point preferably in March during Las Fallas. I guess where you head for will depend wherabouts in Spain you are located.

Susan

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 8:43 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Roberto, loads to do in Langkawi - golf, diving, sailing, crocodile farm, underwater world!  Also, we have relatives who live there.  Wouldn't spend more than a week and probably a little time in KL.  How much do you want to do on vacation?  Think it's definitely changed in the last twenty years!

But really looking forward to Spain in the summer and determined to actually see more of it this year!  And thanks, Susan, for the info re Italy.  Would like to maybe fit in a trip over there for a week or so.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 11:05 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Weekend break in London end of Jan (coincides with the bike show for OH)

Apr - caribbean

May/June - Isle of Man as OH is racing in the TT

Haven't thought about end of year yet but there will also be lots of weekends away for "track days" - usually in Jerez

But then - I think every day feels like I'm on holiday  - even though I'm always working  I wouldn't mind just staying at home in Manilva for my holiday!

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 11:17 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

South Of France for us. Don't feel much like supporting Spain due to the nearly 7 years of hell, caused by corruption / lack of regulation.  If we win our case this year, that feeling will change hopefully?

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 12:53 PM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

We are off to Turkey for the first time

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 9:31 PM by spaniola Star rating in Jaen. 22 posts Send private message

SO hard up it might be our own holiday rental - ten minutes away El Reguelo here we come!

Rachel.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 10:08 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Susan

Thanks for that

We are in Los Montesinos [Costa Blanca] when in Spain, thats why a holiday within a holiday. We really want to go to the Alhambra if we do Granada and thanks for the suggestion about Cordoba too. We thought we would drive and stay over a few days where ever we go.

Where ever we go I am sure we will enjoy it, and visit somewhere different next time.

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 11:00 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Main holiday this year will be to South Korea in July. An odd choice which I wouldn't normally consider but my daughter is working there teaching English to tiny Korean kids  Will probably also have a couple of visit s to my son in the US. Otherwise we flit regularly between UK, Spain and Sweden (where OH works) all with Ryanair. I sometimes wake up and have to establish which country I'm in before I start the day and feel I'm getting to old for all this, especially when flying Ryanair and 5am starts!

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 9:30 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Living here its difficult to think of a place to go on holiday to!

So will probably take it easier over july and august with lazy days around the pool or on the beach - with mobile and laptop, of course!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 10:48 AM by spaniola Star rating in Jaen. 22 posts Send private message

Hi Peter and Anne.

Our holiday home is a good escape, 1.5 hours to Granada, a little more to Cordoba, Jaen, Ubeda and Baeza are also well withiin day trip reach. I can't post a link here but you could google El Reguelo.

Rachel

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

we're giving the UK the fingers up.Selling UK property before UK goes to the dogs - 260 posts
Limited 3% - 0 posts
WHEN ADOES A PROPERTY BECOME LIABLE FOR COMMUNITY CHARGES - 3 posts
posting to the uk - 4 posts
Dedicated to Woolworths and M&S Staff and all those under Threat in dear old England...... - 0 posts
Wood burning stoves... - 14 posts
Long Term rental required....... - 6 posts
Advice for en-route hotel - 4 posts
satellite dish size - 8 posts
Receiving a PM - help needed please - 7 posts
ATMs at Alicante Airport? - 3 posts
Christmas Trees... - 3 posts
Taxes in Costaluz according to Aristotles. - 0 posts
Xmas request? - 0 posts
3-4 Month Property rental needed - 5 posts
Santander - 4 posts
summer holidays - 10 posts
house swap - 0 posts
Cheap phone calls in UK and abroad - 14 posts
house swap - 2 posts
Quality, Affordable Builder in Costa tropical region. All you building needs. Fluent Spanish - 0 posts
Stunning Off plan development/ plot of land for sale Jete/Almunecar Costa tropical - 0 posts
pub style or similar pool table wanted south spain - 0 posts
Getting a TV to spain - 13 posts
Mortgage rates in Spain have they come down? will they come down? when? - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x