Long Term rental required.......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by randallbonce Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi there.

My husband, 2 dogs & i are moving to Costa Del Sol in April (beginning of April).  We are looking for a long term rental property in the Mijas Costa area (or surrounding - not too fussed on exact location!!).

We require 2 beds (or 3 if we can get it!) & most importantly somewhere that is dog friendly - i.e. not a 5th floor apartment!!  IF possible with it's own private garden - but this is not essential of course.  A quieter location is perfect (don't need a sea view or any of that!). 

It does not have to be a fancy brand new place - but obviously somewhere in good working order.  We would be happy to be there for 12 months - possibly longer if we like it!  Preferably with internet connection - but again not essential.

We would prefer to rent provately (not via an agent) to save ourselves some pennies on fees etc.  Looking at anywhere up to €650 - (700 at a push) a month.  Can supply references from current landlady in the UK - no problem.

Do our requests sound feasible & could we get somewhere decent for this money?

Any suggestions, properties you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Emma  :)

Like 0      
23 Jan 2009 1:01 PM by tolgirl Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Emma,

Just read your thread, I might be able to help you if you're still looking. We own a 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment  in a lovely quiet pueblo on the foothills near mijas,  that we would consider renting long term to the right people.  Great place for dog walking if your fit as the Publo is practically surrounded by countryside. It doesn't have a private garden, but it does have dog friendly communual gardens, although i think dogs do have to be kept on a lead.

Anyway, reply to this if you're still looking and i will give you more info.

regards Lou

Like 0      
23 Jan 2009 2:31 PM by randallbonce Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Lou.

Yes - we are still looking for a property - we do not have one sorted as yet.

We went across to Mijas last week to have a look round - such a lovely area.

Your place sounds ideal - are you able to tell me a little more about it?  Is it a ground floor apartment?  Is it furnished? (we are looking for a furnished place as we have gotten rid of our stuff ready for the move!).

What kind of price would you be looking at for long term rental?

Do you have any pics of it that you can send me?

Sorry for the questions!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Emma :)

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 4:46 PM by tolgirl Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Emma,

Just a quickie, with a couple more details. I've requested to send a private message in which I'll go into more detail.

Right, it's a first floor apartment , furnished, I had a few pictures on the computer holiday snaps etc but we got a virus and had to have the whole thing wiped so we lost them. I'm hoping to send you some pages from the community web site and also google earth coordinates to give you a birds eye view. I think we have a video somewhere that we took a couple of years ago that we'll try put on dvd and download some images from that. I'd feel happier telling you more in a private message.

Ask as many questions as you like no problem,  I'm sure we'll have a few!!

regards Lou

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 7:42 PM by Esteruca Star rating in Costa del Sol. 64 posts Send private message

HI,

I have send you a PM with the web of a local paper that may help you.

Best of luck

Regards

Esteruca

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 8:05 PM by randallbonce Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Lou.

Thanks very much for the info - i fully understand you wanting to PM me, no problem (silly of me to ask those questions really!!)

I look forward to receiving your PM.  Told hubby about the property & he loved the sound of it - especially the location - just what we're looking for!

Will get in touch again when i've got your PM.

Thanks a million.

Em  :)

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 12:46 PM by johnrclark Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please use PM facility **

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice for en-route hotel - 4 posts
satellite dish size - 8 posts
Receiving a PM - help needed please - 7 posts
ATMs at Alicante Airport? - 3 posts
Christmas Trees... - 3 posts
Taxes in Costaluz according to Aristotles. - 0 posts
Xmas request? - 0 posts
3-4 Month Property rental needed - 5 posts
Santander - 4 posts
summer holidays - 10 posts
house swap - 0 posts
Cheap phone calls in UK and abroad - 14 posts
house swap - 2 posts
Quality, Affordable Builder in Costa tropical region. All you building needs. Fluent Spanish - 0 posts
Stunning Off plan development/ plot of land for sale Jete/Almunecar Costa tropical - 0 posts
pub style or similar pool table wanted south spain - 0 posts
Getting a TV to spain - 13 posts
Mortgage rates in Spain have they come down? will they come down? when? - 12 posts
Is telemicro back? - 10 posts
stray dogs Granada - 4 posts
pilurini - 0 posts
Setting up a (very!) limited company? - 2 posts
Iberdrola charges? - 20 posts
Just Testing - 0 posts
can you help? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x