Is The The Tide Turning

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Dec 2008 3:01 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Fink your spelling is beta than mine!

Banks arent there to be fair, they make money, and usually shedloads of it! They have money, people want to borrow so they can buy things. The banks charge interest and if you default on the loan they claim it and as much back as they can. Its the way of the world Im afraid!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
17 Dec 2008 3:10 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Its the way of the world Im afraid!

Unless you're in America where handing the keys back is the limit of your liability. I am sure the American banks will be looking to change this set up, it leaves them wide open!

Mark

Like 0      
17 Dec 2008 3:19 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ah yes, I had forgotten about them! Late 80s there wasnt a lot the banks could do either, it was then they rushed legislation through so people can be chased almost for their lifetime!

Ahhhh the good old days

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 12:26 PM by safia Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi, I have very little sympathy with spanish developers.  I put a large deposit on an off plan apartment in April 2005,   The contract stated the completion date would be September 2006.  The apartment was completed in late 2007 and I transferred the necessary funds to spain and went out for 5 days to complete etc.   The developer refused to sign until the end of January 2008 and almost exactly a year later I am still waiting.  I  have like others in the same position have decided to sue the developer for breaking his contract.  The promotor has gone into administration, the builder is giving his debtors apartments in payment which they are renting out and despite the efforts of several lawyers no one seems to be able to contact the main man.   I have had months of stress and now like others have had enough.   If only the people concerned were up front about the issues and problems they faced and kept the buyers informed things might have been different.  I can ill afford to lose the money I have already invested but would welcome any thoughts about the costs and likely success of taking the builder to court in  Spain.  I see littlle point in throwing away any more money if I am unlikely to get even a small percentage of my money back.

Rregards,

Safia

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 3:45 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Safia

Nor do many of us.sadly however they are not all bad.nor are solicitors or judges.

On the point of the thread is the tide turning and to clarify when I do mean against the buyer.

Now this situation I feel is going to swing more in the favour of the developers and banks and the real additional loosers are going to be those left with a massive legal bill  alongside the loss of deposit  in their fight for justice should they not complete,

Should they loose and decide to complete then they will find the whole situation then becomes a potential  financial nightmare.

Some will surely have wished they had not listened to the advice not to complete without a habitation licence on minor issues including the delays.

Now lets not forget our dear ole solicitors that failed thousands.

Some are almost 100% sure that cases cant be won however they go through the legal route with a nice sting in the tail.

You agree to pay their fees and costs win or loose. Will they chase assets in the U.K if you dont or cant pay.Think they just may somehow?

Seems a good time to bring in the Spanish version of No Win. No Fee

Just Dan

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CHRISTMAS 'SWEETIE' QUIZ.................give it a go ! ! ! - 40 posts
Compound archery set - 0 posts
Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine - 2 posts
FORWARD CONTRACTS - 7 posts
Fincas wanted - 0 posts
Old school photos - 10 posts
Christmas lights - 2 posts
Hi all, and advice please... - 2 posts
UCI Bank - Help! - 6 posts
Ryanair to close routes from Fuerteventura in the New Year - 1 posts
ethical problem - 5 posts
Registration of Rental properties - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Karensun - 10 posts
Hello again - 0 posts
Anyone know anything about Alicante university? - 1 posts
Unused quality furniture pack for sale. - 1 posts
God its cold!!!! - 5 posts
Buying a LHD in UK or Spain?? - 1 posts
Are they now charging £100 a year for your card.. basically blackmail!!!!.. - 7 posts
SKY digibox going into standby - 4 posts
All done in a day - 2 posts
outdoor pool - 0 posts
Guardamar area - anyone know an aerial rigger? - 2 posts
Oil Filled Heaters - Wanted - 5 posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS.......... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x