ethical problem

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by dunmovin Star rating in gorga, alicante. 28 posts Send private message

I have recently i have been in contact with someone who has bought a house near to where i live.. the problemis not the  people who sold the house but the ones before. they used the ground as a "fly  tip" to dispose of goods they could not sell.it'sburied but as it decays the ground will become unstableI don't want to be the one to sayhe has bought  "a pig inapoke and eventually one terrace will make it's own way to freedom"  

ADVICE PLEASE

Like 0      
10 Dec 2008 3:22 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Tough one I think.  It depends on what your neighbours are like.  If they're nice people and approachable then I think you should tell them.  If they're mean and horrible then don't bother

If I were them I'd want to know.  It could be better that they deal with it now rather than later on when it gets much worse.

At the end of the day it's not your problem so don't lose any sleep over it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Dec 2008 3:26 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Dunmovin

Is the property in UK or Spain?

Like 0      
10 Dec 2008 7:07 PM by www.costadelazaharbuilders.co.nr Star rating in oliva costa blanca. 38 posts Send private message

www.costadelazaharbuilders.co.nr´s avatar

Hi dunmovin

well I think this is a easy one really think if somthing happens and sombody gets hurt would you still be debating or wish you would have told them in the first place.

you might be worrying about nothing im sure they would have had a Structural Survey on the property before they bought it and if there is movement im sure he would have picked up on it but im sure if you tell them and then they are aware then at least they can monitor the area and you can sleep at night.

you might find they are greatfull for history on the property.

best of luck

john

Like 0      
10 Dec 2008 8:25 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

I'd be worried about selling the place. If enviromental searches bring this up could scupper the sale so I think it should be addressed sooner rather than later.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2008 12:15 PM by dunmovin Star rating in gorga, alicante. 28 posts Send private message

thanks for the advice .. best to tell him but I'll wait until after the holiday period

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Registration of Rental properties - 3 posts
Happy Birthday Karensun - 10 posts
Hello again - 0 posts
Anyone know anything about Alicante university? - 1 posts
Unused quality furniture pack for sale. - 1 posts
God its cold!!!! - 5 posts
Buying a LHD in UK or Spain?? - 1 posts
Are they now charging £100 a year for your card.. basically blackmail!!!!.. - 7 posts
SKY digibox going into standby - 4 posts
All done in a day - 2 posts
outdoor pool - 0 posts
Guardamar area - anyone know an aerial rigger? - 2 posts
Oil Filled Heaters - Wanted - 5 posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS.......... - 0 posts
Mar Menor Area - 0 posts
'Cheeky' Spanish tradition brings toilet humour at Christmas - 3 posts
For Sky/ Sky+ owners in Spain - 1 posts
2/3 bedroom apartment required - max 20 mins from Gibraltar - 4 posts
house for swap - 0 posts
OUR PETITION TO DOWNING STREET - 2 posts
WANTED 4 BMW ALLOY WHEELS! - 0 posts
Give Feedback - 7 posts
Poser for all you rental owners - 3 posts
White Goods and Air Con - 14 posts
EOS Christmas fun thread - add 3 words to a Christmas Carol!! - 102 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x