All done in a day

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

I had been very concerned about getting all the legal business completed for my apartment in Condado de Alhama. Having read various excellent articles on the forum I knew some of the difficulties that lay ahead. Polaris had brought foward the completion date by a few months, as has happened to many others, but I was simply totally unprepared.

So when we flew over recently for a few days to undertake the obtaining of the NIE number, opening a bank account, attending the notary and of course carry out a snagging on the apartment I was absolutely sure that it was a mission impossible something even Tom Cruise would have difficulty in achieving. Nevertheless gathering as much optimisim as I could muster and armed with several copies of the completed NIE appliciation form (downloaded from a link on this forum, and by the way a large bottle of water) we drove from La Torre, where we stayed, to meet my solicitor for a 9:30am appointment in Murcia.

With the aid of my sat nav I managed without too much difficulty to find a carpark and then by foot once again with the trusty sat nav was at Jose Galindo's office at the appropriate time. To my surprise a taxi was waiting to whisk us away to the local police station and it was here that all hope for my quest faded when I saw the long queues thread their way along the street.  Any little optimisim that may have remained deep in the depths of my soul was strangled when I looked into the uncompromising dark stare of the big civil guard barring the way.  As Jose spoke to him his expression didn't change but even I with complete ignorance of the spanish language understood his command to wait where we were until he returned. Fortunately within minutes he was back and with a wave ushered us in, as I disappeared inside I glanced around to see angry glances form those lined up in the street shoot our way.

To cut a long story short within  2 hours we had our NIE appliciations stamped, completed power of attorney at the notary and along with Jose, who acted as interperter opened a bank account. To be honest I consider myself to be very lucky in choice of solicitor and would have no hesitation in highly recommending him. His charges are clear, fair and upfront. He is personable, helpful and professional he obviously knew the proceedure well and had the contacts to get things done.

That afternoon we saw the apartment for the first time with a Polaris empolyee called James. (Builders clean sucks) Made a snagg list and had lunch at the cafe beside the jardines. Since I had questions to ask to satisfy myself  about Polaris intentions and since getting info from James was like pulling teeth we went to the sales office. Here  spoke to Serigo who was so helpful that past the hour of 6pm, knocking off time, he got us past security at the rear unofficial entrance and showed us around the show apartment at Los Naranjos. He answered all my questions and I left Condado a lot happier than I was when I arrived.

The golf courses are coming on well and will be superb when finished.

That evening the very many large drinks in tho the clubhouse at La torre rounded of a perfect day. Thanks to all those we met there but in particular to the barmaid Luce sara.(apologies I have spelt this phonetically.)

Not looking foward the next bit, ie-furniture, aircon etc etc. Maybe I'll get out for the January sales.

I have never ever recommend anyone before not because I didn't know their capabilities or standard of work but because I never felt strongly enough to do so ,but this time I have no hesitation to say that if you need a solicitor contact Jose You'll not be disappointed. (C/ Escultor Rouge lopez, Murcia.  Tel  34968201230 9am -7pm)

Like 0      
09 Dec 2008 12:15 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Congratulations Raff on 'Mission Accomplished', it's great to hear stories when things go right. It makes those of us with problems see that the 'Dream' can happen.

With a competent lawyer to smooth out the wrinkles the property buying process goes like a dream and even more so in Spain where the process is  hampered by the possible language barrier and the unfamiliar ways of doing things.

An enjoyable and interesting post, you must come back again with stories of your furniture purchase and settling in to your place.

This message was last edited by sandra on 12/9/2008.

Like 0      
09 Dec 2008 1:49 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Good for José!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

outdoor pool - 0 posts
Guardamar area - anyone know an aerial rigger? - 2 posts
Oil Filled Heaters - Wanted - 5 posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS.......... - 0 posts
Mar Menor Area - 0 posts
'Cheeky' Spanish tradition brings toilet humour at Christmas - 3 posts
For Sky/ Sky+ owners in Spain - 1 posts
2/3 bedroom apartment required - max 20 mins from Gibraltar - 4 posts
house for swap - 0 posts
OUR PETITION TO DOWNING STREET - 2 posts
WANTED 4 BMW ALLOY WHEELS! - 0 posts
Give Feedback - 7 posts
Poser for all you rental owners - 3 posts
White Goods and Air Con - 14 posts
EOS Christmas fun thread - add 3 words to a Christmas Carol!! - 102 posts
Tips on keeping your house warmer in winter - 0 posts
Unbelievable! - 9 posts
sat installer mar menor area - 4 posts
has anyone used villapac? - 3 posts
Animal Charity in the Costa del Sol - ADANA - 2 posts
Cheap phone calls from Spain - 0 posts
Apolo Properties of Santomera - Murcia - 9 posts
First Assembly of Owners - 6 posts
tenerife - still a party island? - 3 posts
National Holiday weekend 6-8 Dec... - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x