2 and half months for succesful execution of Bank Guarantee

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

2 and half months for succesful execution of Bank Guarantee
Who said that Bank Guarantees cannot be executed and if executed, it will entail long and costful processes?
Just for your peace of mins and restore your faith in the judicial spanish system: 
It has taken 2 months and half for one of our clients ( we already have the money in our bank account and are transfering it to him, early next week)  and have costed him nothing as the Judge has imposed the Guarantoor to pay legal fees.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 5:52 PM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

That is fabulous news.  Congratulations to all involved.!  And many thanks for letting us know of a good-news story, because I think we all get rather disheartened that there is any hope.

I just wondered though, it seems as if it went through a judge.  So did it take long to get to court, or how did that work?

Thanks Marie.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 6:35 PM by julie anne Star rating. 1103 posts Send private message

Brilliant Maria can you tell any more details ie was it a well known bank or insurance/financial institution .Which region . Is there any likely hood of this setting a president in other cases .Was the builder concerned in administration or still trading ,what was the reason for the claiming on the BG .Was the contract resolved through the court or by the builder before executing the BG .Any further information would be  very much appreciated .I am trying to remain hopful but don't want to be disapointed again.Once again well done  Maria we need more like you  ! JA

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 5:59 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We asked developer for refund due to delay and lack of advertised facilities. They did not admitted their breach of contract. so we executed the Bank Guarantee before the Bank and they did not honour it.

We went to Courts.. from the moment we registered our Lawsuit ( early September) to when we have received our client´s money in our clients account it has taken two and half months.

I am relucatant to say names of developers and Bank but can say that they are in Murcia region. Murcia Courts are performing excellent works at these judicial execution of Bank Guarantees.

Do not lose hopes!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 9:43 AM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

thanks for the clarification Marie.

And sorry to pester you with a further question.

Due I understand  it then that the courts did not actually hear the case?

But the fact that it was registered with the courts was enough to make the bank pay up?

I wonder if there is a better hope bringing a class action against the developers?

I am now in contact with several people who have put down a deposit on the same development only for it to be delayed by 2 years.

None of our contracts have a bank guaranteee though, and since that is illegal as per the law passed in1968, surely the developer should take that into account and either let us canel the contracts or offer us a 'deal' whereby we can continue with the purchase but at a reduced rate?

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 9:51 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Courts heard the case and isued a decission  asking the Bank to pay our clients back.

Good for speedy Murcia Courts!

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 11:15 AM by rosegreen Star rating. 52 posts Send private message

Dear Maria,

That is indeed good news.  Do ou remember tat I told you when the court in Malaga told the bank to repay our money within 10 days?  That was in early September.  Our lawyer informs us that hey have heard nothing from the court since and they have no option but to wait..  Is this normal?

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 6:54 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

The Bank has to pay the money into the Court. In our case we waited 6 weeks before our money was paid to our lawyer who in turn sent our money to our Spanish bank account. Why the Court holds onto it for so long is anyones guess!   

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 8:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Rosegreen:

Ask the Bank to  judicially inforce that payment.  Ask him/her to have delay interests included in your favour.

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 8:54 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Murcia Courts.

What a fanastic way to show areas like Marbella how it should be done.

Thank you Maria news like this is so welcome and gives hope to many of us.

P.S. Can I have my case transfered to Murcia

Just Dan

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 6:08 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Just Dan: Answers below in green:

P.S. Can I have my case transfered to Murcia. Maybe yes as executive procedures can be introduced in any place the Bank or the Insurer have a branch.

Thanks for your kind words, by the way.

Love from southest Spain,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Antiques for Sale - 0 posts
Christmas Shopping - 0 posts
Moving out early - 0 posts
help - 9 posts
Long term Rental Required - 6 posts
I don't want to start ANOTHER war...............BUT................. - 2 posts
Long term let required within walking distance of Estepona port - 0 posts
Did you see ?? - 14 posts
Lease cars - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Hotels - 7 posts
Music Lessons: Possible skill exchange witth Spanish Language lessons? - 0 posts
Ryanair stopping some flights - 10 posts
Finca wanted in Mijas Costa - 1 posts
Help For Heroes - 1 posts
Question for Maria re siezing of assets - 5 posts
Miss 2 mortgage payments and you're out! (this is in the UK) - 0 posts
Buying - 6 posts
The Certificate of Habitation - 2 posts
"HOUSE PLANTS" - 5 posts
Do people buy RHD cars in Spain? - 9 posts
50% share in costa Blanca property, Advise on selling - 2 posts
Another Telefonica Tale - 3 posts
902 Numbers - 5 posts
1 week rental wanted in Manilva area (27th Dec - 2nd Jan) - 0 posts
Upside-down Posts - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x