Dog Friendly Hotels

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by derek55 Star rating in Carsares Costa---Bir.... 51 posts Send private message

Hi All

Next spring we are driving down fron Santanter to Sabinallas, this is first time I have done this, we are travelling with our border collie

I am planning to stop over night in the Toledo area, and I need to find a Hotel that will accommadate dogs.

if you have done this trip, how long does it take and can you recommend a Hotel

Thanks,  See you in Sabbi

Derek Cooke

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 9:38 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Derek,

We travel the same route in 18 days time!

Due to the fact that the Ferry docks at about 1pm we are going to stop overnight on the outskirts of Madrid and have found what appears to be a very nice, dog friendly hotel.

We will then leave at around 12pm the following day and travel down to Duquesa.

The first leg of Journey from Santandar to the Hotel is about 4.30 hrs and the second leg from the Hotel to our House is about 6 hours. However we will be stopping every two hours for a half hour break in order for our dog to walk around and stretch his legs, which will add 30 mins to the first Journey and 1 hour to the second.

The vet has organised a pheromone collar and some Piriton tablets to help relax him on the ferry and the second half of the journey, as we will give him a break from the Piriton during the first half.

PS. Don't forget to get a Pet Passport for your Dog.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 11/13/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 1:03 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Hi

Try this booking site http://www.booking.com/ we have used it a lot to find pet friendly hotels around Spain.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 1:25 PM by derek55 Star rating in Carsares Costa---Bir.... 51 posts Send private message

technoape

Thanks for the info,

Have you details f the Hotel

thanks

Derek

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 3:20 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Yup!

Will PM you the details and the costs, which I think are very reasonable, and will let you know what we think of the Hotel once we get to our new home.

I can also send you details of the route, which is quick and easy and takes you straight to/from the Hotel!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 3:05 PM by derek55 Star rating in Carsares Costa---Bir.... 51 posts Send private message

Hi Colin,

Since your staring role on Thursday, I now know your name.  I'm glad you are settling down to Spanish way of life despite the weather, we were over Ist week in January and we soon  found out our houses are not designed for the cold nights.
So your trip went well, how did it work out on the ferry with the dog. If we have a concern about the drive down it is how will our dog cope with strange surroundings.  I sure hope the bay of Biscay behaves itself when we travel.
Can you let me have the name of the hotel you used please
Thanks for your help and I look forward to meeting you when we move over later this year, can’t say when that will as my wife Hilary is having replacement Knee surgery next week so we will have to wait till she’s fully recovered.

Regards

Derek

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 3:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Derek

Certainly two of my friends who post on EOS have used dog friendly hotels on their drive to Spain. They are J&N (Jacqui & Neil) & Jules1 (Julia) so look in this board for info from them.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 6:16 PM by derek55 Star rating in Carsares Costa---Bir.... 51 posts Send private message

Dog Hotels

If you are near Burgos then try  hotel ABBA, 4* super hotel every thing you could ask for.

Also El Greco in Toledo anothe nice hotel in the old town,

I would recommend both these hotels

Derek

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Music Lessons: Possible skill exchange witth Spanish Language lessons? - 0 posts
Ryanair stopping some flights - 10 posts
Finca wanted in Mijas Costa - 1 posts
Help For Heroes - 1 posts
Question for Maria re siezing of assets - 5 posts
Miss 2 mortgage payments and you're out! (this is in the UK) - 0 posts
Buying - 6 posts
The Certificate of Habitation - 2 posts
"HOUSE PLANTS" - 5 posts
Do people buy RHD cars in Spain? - 9 posts
50% share in costa Blanca property, Advise on selling - 2 posts
Another Telefonica Tale - 3 posts
902 Numbers - 5 posts
1 week rental wanted in Manilva area (27th Dec - 2nd Jan) - 0 posts
Upside-down Posts - 6 posts
Costs involved - 7 posts
Completion -Prologue - 4 posts
Some not so good news about Econorent - 10 posts
New livery yard - 0 posts
house wanted to rent - 0 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
New Year's Eve in Manilva - 19 posts
Photos - 0 posts
Credit crunch can only be a good thing for buyers! - 3 posts
Booking Golf - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x