"HOUSE PLANTS"

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by jbirdy Star rating in Kidderminster/ soon .... 11 posts Send private message

jbirdy´s avatar

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to find out the laws on bringing houseplants over to spain,  my OH has afew precious plants and i can't seem to find any info as to whether we can bring them when we move over there?   ANYONE ABLE TO HELP?????/

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 4:22 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

When we went shopping in Morrisons in Gibraltar a few months ago, the Mrs purchased a few plants and I thought. ..... Here we go, Border Police are going to stop the car!

Well, they did stop the car, I opened the boot, he moved things around, including the plants and said "Tobac?" We don't smoke so I shrugged my shoulders and said "Non". Then he just walked away, saying "ok, ok".

Last month however the Mrs decided to buy a Lemon Tree and an Orange Tree from Morrisons, as they were only £11.99 each!! This time I thought, "Hang on a mo, they are definitely not going to let us through with these" ... I mean I couldn't see out of the rear view mirror cause it looked like there was a forest growing behind the front seats!!!

But again, no problems ... and don't forget we are going across border!

So if that is ok, I guess a few house plants would be ok. Ask the Moving Company you are using, as they should know!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 5:31 PM by jbirdy Star rating in Kidderminster/ soon .... 11 posts Send private message

jbirdy´s avatar

Thanks,  we are moving ourselves over  so can't ask moving company ,   Anyone else had any experience in moving plants from England to spain??????

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 7:21 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi

I wondered about taking plants to Spain and I got in touch with Defra and this was their response:

There are no restrictions on the movement of plants or plant products for personal use between EU Member States provided they were grown in an EU country and are free from signs of pests and diseases.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Alex Steele

Plant Health Info.

Hope this helps.

Irene

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 8:04 PM by jbirdy Star rating in Kidderminster/ soon .... 11 posts Send private message

jbirdy´s avatar

Thanks ever so for that ,  best advice been given ,  can't wait to get out there just got to sell the house which is proving difficult grrrrr!!!!!!!

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 11:34 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Likewise. You obviously have the same perfect timing as us!

Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do people buy RHD cars in Spain? - 9 posts
50% share in costa Blanca property, Advise on selling - 2 posts
Another Telefonica Tale - 3 posts
902 Numbers - 5 posts
1 week rental wanted in Manilva area (27th Dec - 2nd Jan) - 0 posts
Upside-down Posts - 6 posts
Costs involved - 7 posts
Completion -Prologue - 4 posts
Some not so good news about Econorent - 10 posts
New livery yard - 0 posts
house wanted to rent - 0 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
New Year's Eve in Manilva - 19 posts
Photos - 0 posts
Credit crunch can only be a good thing for buyers! - 3 posts
Booking Golf - 3 posts
Moving out there!! - 11 posts
A new edition to the family. - 8 posts
Los Balconces,Santiago de la Ribera - 2 posts
New to this - Conado de Alhama apartment! - 8 posts
cabosol cabo roig - 17 posts
Property Management For Playa Golf, Orihuela Costa - 2 posts
motor bike for sale - 11 posts
school in the orihuela costa area? - 6 posts
up to date detials about applying for an NIE number please? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x