Costs involved

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Millwall Star rating in Manilva, Costa Del S.... 82 posts Send private message

How much does it cost in lawyer fees on average to activate a Bank Gaurantee?

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 7:39 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi Millwall

Received to day from a solicitor friend of mine on the Costa del Sol

Hi Dan

I have spoken with one lady who had told my client on a forum it is very easy to get their money back.  She told my client her case was heard within  months of application which I found very hard to believe.  She then told me she has won her case but hasn't had the money yet, her lawyer told her this is normal as it takes two to three years for the money to come back.  I have a feeling her lawyer isn't telling her the truth.  She's paid him 6.000,00 €!!

Just Be Careful

Just Dan

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 7:48 PM by Millwall Star rating in Manilva, Costa Del S.... 82 posts Send private message

Cheers Dan will do

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 6:37 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Provintial Bar Associations have a chart of minimum fees that lawyers can rise up.

The fees will vary proportionately to the amount you are claiming.

In Cadiz, for instance, a claim of 100.000 € has a total fee of 13201,35 € ( VAT included), if there is an out of court settlement, the rules of the Bar association indicates that just the 30% of that total fee  will be charged, which in this case will be: 3960,41 € ( VAT included).

Once you find the right type of lawyer you want to use, the essential and most important thng is to ask for a full buget of legal and related costs beforehand. You can also compare among a couple or three.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 12:19 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hello,

We cancelled our contract with Polaris World due to late completion. Received our money back in 8 months. Should have been 6 months but a strike in Murcia court service delayed things. Polaris settled out of court at the last minute. Money in our account in two weeks. No interest on money but thought it better to get our hands on the cash in the present financial climate.

Jean

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 12:40 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Wonderful that you posted that positive experience.

Best wishes,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 1:33 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Fantasic News

Can we arrange for some of Marbella courts cases to be heard up in Murcia.

Just Dan

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 11:49 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

2 and half months for succesful execution of Bank Guarantee  ( Murcia Courts)
Who said that Bank Guarantees cannot be executed and if executed, it will entail long and costful processes?

Just for your peace of mind and  to restore your faith in the judicial spanish system: 

It has taken 2 months and half for one of our clients ( we already have the money in our bank account and are transfering it to him, early next week)  and have costed him nothing as the Judge has imposed the Guarantoor to pay legal fees.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Completion -Prologue - 4 posts
Some not so good news about Econorent - 10 posts
New livery yard - 0 posts
house wanted to rent - 0 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
New Year's Eve in Manilva - 19 posts
Photos - 0 posts
Credit crunch can only be a good thing for buyers! - 3 posts
Booking Golf - 3 posts
Moving out there!! - 11 posts
A new edition to the family. - 8 posts
Los Balconces,Santiago de la Ribera - 2 posts
New to this - Conado de Alhama apartment! - 8 posts
cabosol cabo roig - 17 posts
Property Management For Playa Golf, Orihuela Costa - 2 posts
motor bike for sale - 11 posts
school in the orihuela costa area? - 6 posts
up to date detials about applying for an NIE number please? - 6 posts
Spare A Thought - 3 posts
Lock up your bikes!!!!! - 0 posts
hi - 3 posts
Insurance - 1 posts
Lloyds TSB - 5 posts
Man (or woman!) with Van Wanted... - 6 posts
Robbed while driving from Bilbao - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x