AIRPORT HELP!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by emma01 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

H i i dont know if any one can help me?
im arriving at alicante airport next thursday and need some help with transport!!! 
as we're moving out were going to have quite a lot of stuff...... 3 people,2 cats in carriers,3 cases and 5 cargo crates weighing appox 115kgs.
ive spoken to a couple of transfer companys and they want to charge about 200e to take us to jacarilla which i thought was a bit steap as a taxi is only about 50e!!! 
would hire a car but dont have a credit card and they all want  to be able to take a deposit on when you arrive!!
any ideas?

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 10:03 AM by www.costadelazaharbuilders.co.nr Star rating in oliva costa blanca. 38 posts Send private message

www.costadelazaharbuilders.co.nr´s avatar

Hi emma

There is a car rental firm at the airport where you will not need your credit card they just take a copy of your passport a friend of mine has just done this as he forgot his credit card and they where fine.
i wish you luck with your move.

john

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 1:24 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Just a thought would you get all that your transporting into one car?  I would have thought it would be full with the people and suitcases without the pets and 5 cargo crates.

You'd have to hire a large car, don't think you'd get it into a Berlingo and they hold quite a bit.  Managed to get a 32" TV in ours no problem.  How big are the crates?

Also minimum car hire is 3 days so I'd check how much a large car would cost before deciding whether the first quote was too expensive.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 3:49 PM by rovinramon Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Emma01, 

Not much time to sort this out B4 U arrive.

check out the classified ads in the Costa Blanca News online. Not allowed to post the web address on this site yet. Click on Costa Blanca news, then on Classifieds.

There are usually ads in this column for "man with van for hire" you  might be able to ring one to meet you at ALC. Usually quite reasonable, don't jump at first quote, see if they will haggle a bit "for cash"

good luck

RR

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

On -line shopping..any help out there? - 4 posts
Warning - don't fall for this scam - 0 posts
Car Hire Scam - 18 posts
Furniture / kitchen recommendations - 6 posts
Diesel Renault Scenic for sale. (small people carrier shape) - 6 posts
markandjane - 17 posts
How do you survive without Speaking Spanish - 41 posts
Moving to Costa del Sol - job help for Gib etc would be great - 21 posts
Obama is the new US president - 4 posts
E BOOK CRISIS! - 6 posts
looking for 3bed rental in algorfa area for march09 long term - 0 posts
Cox, near Orihuela. - 1 posts
stamp duty - 3 posts
markandjane - 0 posts
ITV on a Moped - 1 posts
Is property exchange legal in Spain? - 5 posts
Easy Jet Credit Card - 3 posts
Has anybody used Murcia Furniture? - 10 posts
Daisy - 10 posts
Asturias - 2 posts
Handing the keys over - 2 posts
Spanish Driving Licence - 2 posts
health care in catalunya - 1 posts
Average Percentage - 2 posts
Gardens of manilva country club - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x