Developers using the Credit Crunch as an Excuse not to Repair Snags and Major Problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar
I have a situation with my developer trying to get them to do repairs on my property i have a driveway which is sinking dropped approx 60 mm and walls cracking severely this is down due to poor workmanship and bad building practices

I completed on the property in January 2008 initially the developer did minor snags and repairs.

The developer has now only to feneral workers and no staff other than sales staff on the site, rumours sya all other workers left dur to possible non payment but this is hear say

I have been told by the developer that i should contact them via a solicitor and get an architects report done and then they might look at the faults

How does spanish law cover this obviously on a new build the developer has an obligation to put faults right

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 10:21 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

If you PM me your e-mail address I will send you a guide on how to deal with this type of issue and include the name of the developer as I think I know who you rae dealing with

Legally the builder has a legal obligation to complete any snagging, including the dropping drive, for the first one year after completion, no excuses it´s the Law

Also you should have the 10 years insurance based NBC type guarantee  for claims on structural defects

Yes you may need to prove the defects via an independant report however I suggest that one of the first things you should do is visit your local OMIC office, normally at the Town Hall and complete one of the fomal complaints forms

Often just by threatening completion of the form can change the attitude of the developer

If you have a community of owners this is also something your administrator should help you with

Going to law should ideally be avoided as it can be a lengthy and expensive process, especially if there are any financial doubts over the developer

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

"Dación en pago" - 8 posts
Planning to move to spain, got a few questions if anyone could help me! - 4 posts
Newbie here! - 3 posts
Another BIG Thank You to Sharon W - 0 posts
Anyone run a market stall? - 7 posts
Illegal President? - 8 posts
Favourite Spanish songs - 61 posts
Exchange rate €1-15/£ - 1 posts
Help! reposesion threat - 1 posts
Reposesion in Spain - 2 posts
B&Q / BRICO DEPOT in Crevillente soon - 10 posts
Flatmate wanted - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Key Lounges - 24 posts
Leaking pitched roofs - 3 posts
Costaconsoles. Mazarron - 2 posts
Santander Bank - 1 posts
Swap 2 bedroom townhouse Murcia - 0 posts
Monday morning giggle - 3 posts
Esoteric healing - 0 posts
Living in Real Spain - 9 posts
Painting Holidays - 6 posts
Driving a Scooter in Spain - 7 posts
No Water - 4 posts
im in hospital - 6 posts
impoting terrace furniture - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x