New Years Eve

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar
We are going to be in Spain for the first time over the New Year, can anyone recommend places to go on New Years Eve?  Do Spanish people celebrate it in a big way?

Thanks

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 8:25 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Do the Spanish celebrate New years in a big way .... hmm! ... In one word, yes!

They celebrate the New year the 'correct' way .... in you have a large get together late on in the evening and have a meal, with a drink or two!

Then at midnight you 'start' your celebrations and see in the new year, usually by eating 12 grapes at the stroke of midnight (one on each stroke), followed by lot's of wine, dancing .... and more wine!

This will also be our 1st New Year in Spain, and can't wait!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 8:33 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Also, you can have a DOUBLE celebration .... if your British!

At the stroke off 11pm in Spain, you can celebrate the New Year in the UK, by ringing all your mates and telling them how wonderful the weather has been all day.

Then at midnight in Spain, ring them all again, and tell them how wonderful everything is and that your going to see in the New Year ... that's if you can reach anyone in the UK who is still coherent!!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 10/15/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 9:27 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Think that's the other way around, Techno Ape.  You have to ring your mates in UK at 1 o'clock Spanish time.  Calling them a 11 pm will be 10 pm in UK.
Come 1 o'clock I'd hope to be unable to see the phone, let alone dial the number.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2008 10:09 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Oops! Erm! Oh Yeah!

Hmm! ME STUPID!!

You know, that's the 1st time I've got the time the differential the wrong way around!?!?!?!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
16 Oct 2008 6:04 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Nice to see some one else has been at the vino collapso, good vintage that one!
Thinking about time, don't the clocks change again soon? When is that, it always catches me out!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2008 6:10 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi

Clocks go back 25/26 October weekend

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2008 6:40 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Clocks go back 25/26 October weekend And grateful i am as well as I am driving my wife down for a week with one of the daughters and one of her friends and am due to fly back at 18.25 spanish time on the 26th

Like 0      
16 Oct 2008 6:43 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Thanks J&N,
I've put it on my calendar!
Mind you there's always one clock around here that I forget to change,(be it my car, phone, watch or alarm, there is always one)  bet your bottom dollar that it'll get me again this time!
Take care.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2008 1:38 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
If youre really clever you find a proper bar that celebrates new year around the world! Last time I didnt that we finished i think around 6am and by that time I was crawling home!!!! (I think!)

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
18 Oct 2008 10:08 AM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar
Thanks for the replies. Celebrating twice I think would do me, round the world would take me too long to recover from

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 10:46 PM by carpet Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Any good Gala dinners or the like in either the Murcia Area or Torrequebrada/ Benalmadena area ??? 

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 9:49 PM by laurdan Star rating. 441 posts Send private message

Any recommendations for the Duquesa/Sabinillas area??

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi I just want to introduce myself - 0 posts
Repeat Prescriptions - 3 posts
hola ! - 8 posts
Polaris world please help - 7 posts
Professional Family Need home ! - 3 posts
FIESTA - 0 posts
Volvo 850 Estate for sale. - 0 posts
I want to buy in Spain - 35 posts
Removing Posts - 2 posts
Non completing question... - 7 posts
Satisfaction survey! - 3 posts
Question for Maria - 4 posts
GAYLE PHILLIPS - 0 posts
Television in Roda - 0 posts
Has anyone heard of this Polaris World lawsuit? - 11 posts
Extensions/amendments to property on rustic land - 6 posts
Getting your pool ready for summer - 4 posts
gillie - 0 posts
Do I or don't I buy now for life style or holiday???? - 14 posts
Estate agents in Almoradi area - 0 posts
myzz - 2 posts
Thanks for the memor....straws... - 1 posts
9 Seater Vehicle on a UK Licence? - 1 posts
money transfers - 2 posts
will euribor rate fall now ECB has cut rates?? - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x