hola !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by Chrissie T Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hola! My name is Chris and although I have dipped into the forums lots of times I have never introduced myself. I have a holiday home in San Pedro Murcia and would love to speak to others in and around the area.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 5:16 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

HI Chrissie,
welcome to EOS. I am still in the UK but moving to Costa del Sol soon.
Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 7:39 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hola Chris
Welcome to the forum, we are not far from you. We love the area too

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 7:46 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hola Chris
I live very near you, just a short bike ride! let me know when you will be here and I can give you lots of info if you like. Enjoy EoS

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 7:53 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Stephen,
You're even closer. Lots of new places opened up this year . Apparently someone told me there is a new mayor that wants to build up the area so that was the reason for the stalls on the front in the Summer.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 7:57 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

Hi Chrissie

We are off on Saturday for a week in San Pedro - staying again at the Hotel Traina.  We have been there several times a year for the last three years, whilst we waited for our property to be built (San Jose  - Jumilla - a whole other story).  We have grown really fond of San pedro, so are going to have a look at the area with a view to buying there.  any tips about the area would be much appreciated.

tracey

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 8:11 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

gina
Our 'new' mayor is a lady who actually speaks English! Yes since the old Mayor has been removed some of the alleged corruption is stopping. It was interesting that the 'park' outside the old Mayors house was always kept spotless whereas lots of other areas under San Javier control were not touched at all. I wonder why lol. Satiago is a great place and the new paseo is great in July and August with all the South Americans selling their goods admittedly illegally. The kisoska's are great and do not rip you off with their prices or portion sizes. The worst culprits here for ripping off people are unfortunately the Brits. The portion sizes in the British owned bars are a lot smaller and much more expensive than the locals. But I would not swap it for anything.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 9:37 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Stephen,
I had heard that it was a lady. Yes, I agree with you about the kiosks, they do lovely food, and cheap too. Love La Gaviota and the Asador too. Must say, was impressed with the Barracuda. Good food and great service. I think they have got it just right there.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 10/15/2008.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 11:38 AM by Chrissie T Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Stephen

Good to hear from you, Santiago is a lovely place and we often cycle there. We are situated opposite the Salinas next to the Hotel Thalasia and we are over again for a week in November from 19th to 26th. Would love to have any info, restaurants ,tapas bars etc

Chris

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Polaris world please help - 7 posts
Professional Family Need home ! - 3 posts
FIESTA - 0 posts
Volvo 850 Estate for sale. - 0 posts
I want to buy in Spain - 35 posts
Removing Posts - 2 posts
Non completing question... - 7 posts
Satisfaction survey! - 3 posts
Question for Maria - 4 posts
GAYLE PHILLIPS - 0 posts
Television in Roda - 0 posts
Has anyone heard of this Polaris World lawsuit? - 11 posts
Extensions/amendments to property on rustic land - 6 posts
Getting your pool ready for summer - 4 posts
gillie - 0 posts
Do I or don't I buy now for life style or holiday???? - 14 posts
Estate agents in Almoradi area - 0 posts
myzz - 2 posts
Thanks for the memor....straws... - 1 posts
9 Seater Vehicle on a UK Licence? - 1 posts
money transfers - 2 posts
will euribor rate fall now ECB has cut rates?? - 26 posts
Bilingual English teacher needed in Granada - 1 posts
I am considering purchasing a resale on Polaris CondadhoAlhama. - 8 posts
4 bedroom penthouse in Los Granados del Mar. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x