I want to buy in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I hope I don't come across in this message as some type of ruthless lowlife, but I am interested in buying a holiday home in Spain (preferably up by Roses, but open to offers). The reason I want to buy is because I believe it is very much a buyers market and so I may get a bargain!

Now the potentially 'ruthless' bit - I only have £100,000 (cash) and need a 2 bedroom place. This is a serious offer from a private individual (me). I am only interested in a built, finished, and hopefully lived in property so no 'off plan' offers. I suppose I'm looking for someone who 'just wants out' and is prepared to take a hit to achieve that goal

By the way, I only want 1 home as it is for me and my family to holiday in, not any form of commercial enterprise

Any takers?

This message was last edited by Phil.A on 10/15/2008.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 11:18 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
Morning Phil

You won't be able to access your PMs yet, so can you pm me your email address if you would consider the Murcia region.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 12:03 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Dear Ruthless Lowlife ,
Just kidding. Have a word with Georgia on the forum, I'm sure he would be able to point you in the right direction. (He gave me some good advice when we were in the process of buying ours).  And he has good knowledge of the area too. I'm sure he will see your enquiry and be able to help you. Good luck and welcome to the forum, have fun.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 1:47 PM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Message to llamacalme

I can't access my PMs yet, so how can I PM you anything (sorry if this sopunds thick). I would consider Murcia as my friend has a golf villa out there (well, when it finished being built he will!)

Phil

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 2:32 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
I know you can't access your pm straight away, but I wasn't aware you couldn't send a pm.

Unless you don't mind giving your email address, I'll pm the information to you and wait to you can access it - hopefully not too long!

This message was last edited by llamacalmer on 10/15/2008.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 4:15 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Well Phil there are lots of opportunities for you

It is just a matter of getting on a plane and going over to Spain

Some good ready now on Polaris Resorts may be worth a look 

Now is a good time of the year to have a look, nice and warm but not too hot for house hunting

Or you will get a good re sale buy...£100,000 will get you a nice holiday home just now

You could be in by Xmas if you want !

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 4:46 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

EL RASO

One level detached villa on large plot with off road parking. This spacious property comprises 2 double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes, bathroom, American style kitchen, utility room and good size lounge/diner, sold partly furnished. Outside there is a covered terrace and large fully tiled patio plus large solarium with views over the orange groves.  The community pool is nearby, with local amenities just a short walk away. BARGAIN!

Bank..                                     236,000 EUROS

NOW REDUCED TO 139,000!!

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 4:47 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
bother,how do you get the pictures to come out???

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 6:33 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Phil.A - Just a thought, from reading your post it's not clear if you have100k to spend plus the 10% you will need for fees etc, or that you have 100k in total so will be looking for a property around the 90k mark.

Makes a big difference especiall with the uncertainty of the exchange rate at the moment.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 10:28 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Phil - it's nice to see that someone has realised just how much prices have dropped!  I think that others will gradually work out that there are lots of bargains to be had and the market might get busier again.

My advice would be to work out what kind of lifestyle you want from your new holiday home - do you want to be near the bright lights etc or do you want a nice quiet area - or something in between?  Do you want to be able to walk to the local restaurants and cafes etc or is driving OK?  There is a lot of property at around the 100,000€ level - as Semi says, you need to budget for the cost of buying here - so don't rush into anything and have a good look around.  

I don't know where Roses is but I live in Orihuela Costa near Torrevieja and the areas just north and south of here would give you lots of different types of properties to consider.

Happy hunting!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2008 1:40 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
100k sterling is around 125000 euros. Would a 2 bed 2 bath apartment near the sea on the costa del sol do for you?

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 8:59 AM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Rixxy, I'd like to know a bit more aboutr the place you refer to (location, images, etc.)

Phil A

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 11:53 AM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi Phil,

Glad to see you are taking advantage of the many bargains that are available at the moment, Im sure you will find a great propert.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 4:54 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

Hi Phil,
Correct me if I’m wrong are you talking about Roses near
Gerona? That’s a really nice part of Spain, we wanted to buy in that area, near L’Estarit but could not get the property we wanted for the money we had, good luck and hope you get what you’re looking for.

Derek

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 5:06 PM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Derek, Yes I'm looking to buy near Roses which is up by Gerona. I'm hoping to find somebody who's being 'credit crunched' that way i can afford smething. Phil A

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 5:38 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar
Just one question, I've been reading that the Spanish government is planning a mass demolition of homes built along the coast. Should that be a concern, I'd hate the thought of popping down my hard earned money only to have my house demolished a year or two latter.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 5:57 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

Rob I think you find (and I think you know and are being mischievous) this is historic legislation now being enforced.

Successive corrupt town halls and corrupt builders, built property with out planning approval or licences, especially in the late 80's early 90's.

The Spanish Government  decreed these illegal a while back, plus in an attempt to reclaim integrity of coastlines they are them by imposing a 150 metre embargo - god knows who this affects the average Spaniard who generally owns these homes. For example the apartments and vilals at villaricos are on the beach in effect, think of the large multi level apartments at torreviejca, surely james caan's pad on the marbella strip is safe!

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 8:15 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar
yes I am being a bit mischievous aren't BBs fun.

But serriously it is something to bear in mind when buying.

I'm a wee bit further from the coast, so don't think I need to worry it too much!

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2008 9:17 AM by spainops Star rating in Benidorm, Spain. 21 posts Send private message

If you would consider the Costa Blanca North - I know a lovely garden apartment reduced by 50k - great for hols.  Email info@costablancahomes.biz

Like 0      
25 Oct 2008 11:36 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
No you dont, you come across as being realistic! I know you emailed me but for the life of me I cannot find it! I have a 2 bed 2 bath in Riviera del Sol, price in the region of 119,000 euros (its the guide price as its an auction property) also one more in the area you maybe looking at although as its out of my region Im not that sure, which is a 2 bed townhouse on what looks like a nice urbanization in Villamartin for same price - Im sure owners will look at offers on those too

We arent supposed to be openly marketing on this forum but without your private message facility working its a little difficult otherwise!

Have a great weekend!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Removing Posts - 2 posts
Non completing question... - 7 posts
Satisfaction survey! - 3 posts
Question for Maria - 4 posts
GAYLE PHILLIPS - 0 posts
Television in Roda - 0 posts
Has anyone heard of this Polaris World lawsuit? - 11 posts
Extensions/amendments to property on rustic land - 6 posts
Getting your pool ready for summer - 4 posts
gillie - 0 posts
Do I or don't I buy now for life style or holiday???? - 14 posts
Estate agents in Almoradi area - 0 posts
myzz - 2 posts
Thanks for the memor....straws... - 1 posts
9 Seater Vehicle on a UK Licence? - 1 posts
money transfers - 2 posts
will euribor rate fall now ECB has cut rates?? - 26 posts
Bilingual English teacher needed in Granada - 1 posts
I am considering purchasing a resale on Polaris CondadhoAlhama. - 8 posts
4 bedroom penthouse in Los Granados del Mar. - 1 posts
Property Wanted: Long Term Rental Quesada Area - 5 posts
Anyone fancy meeting up Fri 17th Oct - 4 posts
Car dealers - 6 posts
What happens when the developer declares itself as bankrupt? - 23 posts
commercial property villamartin or quasada - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x