Satisfaction survey!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by ShirleyJon Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hello all,

This is our first post, so please be nice if it goes wrong.

We're looking at renting in the Costa Del Sol area from May until November of next year, but a number of the properties we've looked at on various other sites state that a Long Term Let is for 11 months.  Which is obviously no good for us.

Can anybody tell us if this is the case with the properties being listed on this site, or is purely down to the individual owner agreeing to a term with the tennant?

Thank you.

ShirleyJon.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 10:03 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It's worth asking the question as to whether the owner would rent for a shorter term, we are currently in a villa on a 7 month let agreed with the owner. 

It may be that they want the full 11 months to guarentee income. As far as I am aware they say 11 months as that's the best timescale legally, but there is nothing to stop them agreeing a shorter term, just that they wouldn't want to agree to a longer term. The rental amount may be higher per month for a shorter term, but it's all open to negotiation - Ask the question, they worse they can do is say no, and you may find someone willing to take the 6 months option you are offering.

Hope it works out for you.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 11:38 AM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi,

Also remember that you are after the peak season for holiday lets. It would probably not cost that much more for a 11 month let that covers the low season as well. 
I'm sure you could get a 6 month summer let - but the rental would be very high.......

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 4:39 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
The letting agents that I was with said that they considered anything over 3 months a long term let.  
I let my property, initially for 6 months, but the period covered the summer - but it was at the same monthly rental right through. 
I suppose that it's swings and roundabouts, but I prefer, if I am going to let, to let for the longer term as I found that generally the house was "treated Better"!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Question for Maria - 4 posts
GAYLE PHILLIPS - 0 posts
Television in Roda - 0 posts
Has anyone heard of this Polaris World lawsuit? - 11 posts
Extensions/amendments to property on rustic land - 6 posts
Getting your pool ready for summer - 4 posts
gillie - 0 posts
Do I or don't I buy now for life style or holiday???? - 14 posts
Estate agents in Almoradi area - 0 posts
myzz - 2 posts
Thanks for the memor....straws... - 1 posts
9 Seater Vehicle on a UK Licence? - 1 posts
money transfers - 2 posts
will euribor rate fall now ECB has cut rates?? - 26 posts
Bilingual English teacher needed in Granada - 1 posts
I am considering purchasing a resale on Polaris CondadhoAlhama. - 8 posts
4 bedroom penthouse in Los Granados del Mar. - 1 posts
Property Wanted: Long Term Rental Quesada Area - 5 posts
Anyone fancy meeting up Fri 17th Oct - 4 posts
Car dealers - 6 posts
What happens when the developer declares itself as bankrupt? - 23 posts
commercial property villamartin or quasada - 0 posts
small commercial unit - 0 posts
Painting Walls and Properties in the Community - 1 posts
Damp problems and answers - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x