Extensions/amendments to property on rustic land

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by annedwithane Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I'm looking for some advice on a property we are hoping to buy.  We had originally been told is was urbanised (it has all mains services, including drains), but our lawyer has now confirmed that although the house is rated urbano, the land is rustico.  We are very concerned about this as two things we'd planned to do in the future was 1. add a covered terrace and 2. improve the swimming pool.  We've been told that we can't legally do either of these things because of the villa being on rustic land.  Just looking for some advice, possibly from someone who has been in this situation before.  The terrace is very narrow and we'd like to extend the raised tiled patio outwards by approx 1 metre, and add a more permanent roof than is currently there, but it has been suggested we are not legally allowed to do that.  Being told that we could never modernise our pool is very disappointing.  We thought that we could surely upgrade the existing pool, provided it was on the same location and a similar size to the existing one, but our lawyer has told us that again that would not be allowed.  Realistically what are the risks if we were to proceed at a later date with either of those, or are these improvement we shouldn't take the risk of carrying out.  I'd very much appreciate any thoughts or advice on this.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 6:11 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
These cases are difficult to appraise without full documentation at hand.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 7:50 PM by annedwithane Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for the feedback.  We've just been advised that the property is currently classed as urbano (it clearly states this on the current catastro) but the local town hall has advised that they are proposing to reclassify the area to rustico.  This is something the estate agent said he had never heard of before so we're all very confused about it.  Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 7:29 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It can happen. It depend on regional and local regulations. What is your Comunidad Autónoma?

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 8:49 AM by annedwithane Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

The property is in Enguera in Comunidad Valencia.  Should we be concerned about this?

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 9:22 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Check on this in the Planning department of Enguera Local Council

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 1:25 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
As I looking at a finca on rustico land...I was wondering if garden sheds, small/medium or large count as needing planning permission? In particular I know in Ireland there is a limit as to the size of a shed you can have (more like a small room at the end of the garden)...any ideas on these types of structures on rustic land?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Getting your pool ready for summer - 4 posts
gillie - 0 posts
Do I or don't I buy now for life style or holiday???? - 14 posts
Estate agents in Almoradi area - 0 posts
myzz - 2 posts
Thanks for the memor....straws... - 1 posts
9 Seater Vehicle on a UK Licence? - 1 posts
money transfers - 2 posts
will euribor rate fall now ECB has cut rates?? - 26 posts
Bilingual English teacher needed in Granada - 1 posts
I am considering purchasing a resale on Polaris CondadhoAlhama. - 8 posts
4 bedroom penthouse in Los Granados del Mar. - 1 posts
Property Wanted: Long Term Rental Quesada Area - 5 posts
Anyone fancy meeting up Fri 17th Oct - 4 posts
Car dealers - 6 posts
What happens when the developer declares itself as bankrupt? - 23 posts
commercial property villamartin or quasada - 0 posts
small commercial unit - 0 posts
Painting Walls and Properties in the Community - 1 posts
Damp problems and answers - 8 posts
Buying a rustic property - 15 posts
Ford fiesta - 0 posts
Maybe Good New's - 2 posts
Work Wanted... Query for Justin. - 7 posts
newbie in need - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x