Tabacs nr St Javier Airport ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

Where is the nearest TABAC to St Javier Airport please ?

Many thanks

Dave

Like 0      
30 Sep 2008 10:42 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
There is one in Santiago de la ribera town or if you are coming from other way to the airport (Los Alcazares) through the arches, turn right at the roundabout and it is on the right hand side.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 10:46 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I was amazed to find that they sell tobacco actually INSIDE Alicante airport....................if they can why can't Murcia airport ??

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 2:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
According to THIS you CAN buy cigarettes inside San Javier airport.

Whether they sell the brand you're after is another question though !!

"Booze and fags 

Cigarettes and alcohol are on sale in the shop in the boarding area, after security checks." 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/1/2008.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 3:02 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Well, last time I went you could buy booze but no cigarettes. Giong on 22 Oct so will check then.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 5:15 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
San Javier (Murcia) only had (overpriced) booze and souvenirs last time we went through.  No tobacco sales.
The so-called duty free shop (Aldeasa(?)) at Alicante sells cigarettes but a much higher price than the tobacco shops.  There is a tobacco shop at Alicante airport by the car park (it used to be just before the security check area but Aldeasa had it closed down and opened one of their shops) but is only open at normal Spanish times whereas the Aldeasa shop is open all the time. 
Booze and fags are some 10% higher in prices than outside (€31 euros for 200 silk cut in a Tabac and €34.50 at the airport - €9 for a litre of Smirnoff in Carrefour and €11 at the airport).
Buy them before you get to the airport and stick them in your hold luggage.  Also be aware that at least 2 airlines (Thomsonfly for one) will not let you take a bag from Aldeasa on board if you already have hand luggage so you have to try and squeeze them in the bag you already have (This was on a sign at the airport last time I went through). 

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 9:13 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
I've not seen any fags in San javier airport, perhaps they've changed.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 9:21 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Candyfloss, we must stop calling them fags!  I got into trouble last time I went to America so the phrase "not seen any fags at San Javier" might be misconstrued.  I remember (many years ago when I was working my way through college at Rabiottis restaurant in Queen Street, Cardiff) seeing some of our American cousins killing themselves laughing at our menu which happened to offer faggots and peas.  Probably thought the waiters should have been dressed in pink!!

Edited to say:
Whoops, sorry.  Of course I meant Rabiottis in St Marys Street.  It was the Continental next to the Capitol in Queen Street in which I used to work at nights, Rabiottis early evenings and weekends. 

This message was last edited by bobaol on 10/1/2008.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 9:52 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
LOL!! Bob
Step away from the fags then!!  (wondered why my gay mates refer to me often as a fag hag).
I remember Rabiottis and  the continental, bit posher than the Berni inn. Then they went mad and opened the Lexington.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

has any one bought..... - 0 posts
Removal Company - 2 posts
Gardens of manilva country club - 2 posts
Excess baggage charges. - 16 posts
BANKINTER - 12 posts
Running a bar/cafe in spain - 4 posts
Cleaner Required - 2 posts
FAO: Justin. Server/ PM problems? - 4 posts
MARKET GONE MAD - 13 posts
Room 101 for ex-presidents and vice presidents - 26 posts
Moped Wanted - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Electric Bills - 19 posts
Finally its ours!! - 3 posts
can you buy tetralysal acne tablets over the counter in chemist - 0 posts
HELP PLEASE, lost my man with a van - 2 posts
Which way? - 15 posts
How to go about investigating a developer's financial position? - 4 posts
Let's ALL make a denuncia against Telmicro then. - 0 posts
looking to do karaoke and sell ice creem in the day - 1 posts
tv dishes - 1 posts
What a fantastic night! - 1 posts
Anyone heard of Asset Management Recoveries Barcelona? - 41 posts
Silver grey and black millipedes - 1 posts
swap villa in dehesa de campoamor (luxury costa blanca) for house in uk (devon pref) - 0 posts
UK TV with freesat - 34 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x