Problems with Furniture and Interiors Company, Mijas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by fruityloop Star rating in London, UK. 10 posts Send private message

fruityloop´s avatar
Hello

We are having terrible problems with a company we were recommended to use in that they have failed to fully furnish our apartment (we had to pay the final instalment in June)

Instead of 2 single beds they've given us a double (despite us telling them in writing back in February that we wanted 2 beds).  We have no kitchen equipment whatsoever and the telephone number on their website remains unanswered., as do our emails.  We've received our dining and lounge furniture, but it's the loose ends they don't appear to want to tidy up.

Wedon't know if we can name the company and who they were recommended to us by.  We know they've not gone out of business but  don't know what we can do to try to resolve this situation.  We know things can go a bit slower in Spain but this is ridiculous.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 2:11 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi,

By all means 'name and shame' the Furniture Company, that way we (as a forum) may be able to help you better.

With regards to who recommended the company to you, well I wouldn't name and shame them here, however I would call them and give them a piece of my mind for recommending the Furniture Company and ask them to try and give a hand.

Personally, I wouldn't have given them the final payment until everything was sorted out, that way you have leverage.

We used Imperial Spain via a company called Casero Furnishings UK and they were very good, however there were one or two teething problems, which they cleared up very quickly. I don't know if Casero Furnishings are still trading or if there web site has been hacked, as when I try to visit their website ... well, let's just say I hope you are broadminded. ahem!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 8/31/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 2:40 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi TechNoApe,  you made me curious so I had to have a look.   My goodness what will they think of next    does that come under the category of light furnishings then?                                                                                                                                               Yes fruityloop name and shame it might help other buyer's.        Pat

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 7:18 PM by fruityloop Star rating in London, UK. 10 posts Send private message

fruityloop´s avatar
Hi Everyone,

The company is Dream Home Interiors who are part of Andalucian Dream Homes.

We have been really happy with the service of ADH but DHI leave a lot to be desired.  We bought an apartment at Calanova Golf by Hercesa and have completed.  All we need to do now is get the final parts of our furniture package sorted out but that is the bit that seems to be causing a problem.  They just do not respond to emails or answer their phone.

They have a website but the telephone numbers on it do not work any more.  I rang the freephone number and got a poor unfortunate man who said that the company had stopped using that 08000 number some time ago.

I would appreciate any comments or advice?

Many thanks

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 10:26 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi,

I've found some details about this company and an alternative telephone number which DOES work, allthough I got the answer phone as I just tried the number outside of working hours.

You have PM.

Edit - just a quick thought, the link I sent in the PM I've added below becuase what if other people have used this company?

www.marbellainfo.com/Dream-Home-Interiors.cfm

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 9/1/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 10:30 AM by fruityloop Star rating in London, UK. 10 posts Send private message

fruityloop´s avatar
Thanks Technoape,

I've just rang them, got a Spanish voicemail message, and have left them a message.

I wonder if they'll bother responding.

I noticed on the page you sent me that there is an option of leaving comments..............if they don't sort this out pretty quick I will be very tempted to leave my comments!!!

Thanks again.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 10:38 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Your welcome.

I hope you get these guys sorted out.

If you don't get any joy over the telephone/email/fax then I would suggest leaving your comments on the site and also go to the showroom in Nueva Andalucía and make a scene, and proclaim in a LOUD VOICE that your not leaving until things are sorted out.

That tends do get the ball rolling, as I know from experience.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 10:42 AM by fruityloop Star rating in London, UK. 10 posts Send private message

fruityloop´s avatar

Hi Technoape,

It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has had problems with this company.  

Our friend in Spain has gone into our apartment and the majority of the furniture is there, the pictures have been put up on the walls and the beds have been made.... unfortunately the sofas and rugs are still in their plastic wrapping, the apartment hasn't been cleaned at all, there is no kitchen equipment whatsoever and in one of the bedrooms we've got a double bed instead of two singles (I'm sure the single male golfers we intend renting the apartment out to would love to share a double bed....!)

We are going out to Spain ourselves at the beginning of October.  If this isn't sorted out by then my other half is going to explode and if I were DHI I would rather deal with an angry me than an angry him!

Will keep trying.......

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 12:03 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I'm assuming that the company that recommended DHI was ADH?

In which case as you purchased through ADH, and used DHI SOLELY due to their recommendation, that ADH should get on the ball and do something about it.

Especially as it appears that DHI are something to do with ADH.

With regards to your Kitchen equipment, you can purchase Kettles, Toasters, Cutlery, etc, etc at all the big supermarkets. Talking of which, Carrefour at La Linea (next to Gibraltar) are very good, they have a good selection and we purchased our LCD TV from there, in addition to the aforementioned.

I know it will go against the grain, but you may have to 'bite the bullet' and 'fit out' the Kitchen yourselves and try an get the money back from DHI, mention Lawyers and that may prompt them to move. I assume that the 'white goods' were all in place prior to your purchase of your apartment, as you should have a Washing Machine, Fridge Freezer, Oven, Hob & Extractor at the very least.

When we used Casero, they in turn used Imperial Furniture Spain for the main furniture pack and bathrooms. Indeed 4 weeks after they 'finished' we attended our apartment for the very 1st time since purchase, having been told 'all was done'. When we got there, we found that the 3 seat sofa didn't match in colour OR STYLE the 2 seat sofa and they hadn't fitted the shower enclosure. One quick trip to their Marbella showroom, which included one LOUD talking exercise later and they agreed that the 3 seat was a 'loan' as ours hadn't come into stock in time and that they would be there within a few days to sort everything out.

Needless to say 3 days later they turned up with the replacement sofas, as a pair so they would match, however informed me that the 2nd truck that was on its way may not have the shower enclosure on board! One quick phone call to the Marbella showroom, which included talk of "no shower enclosure today" and "take the whole lot back" and "speak to my lawyers" resulted in a 3rd truck turn up that afternoon with our Shower enclosure.

They wanted me to 'sign off' the job there and then whilst they were finishing the job, to wit I said "leave me the form and having made sure all is ok, I will return it to the showroom in a few days". They didn't want to do that so I told them they had no other option as I wasn't going to sing the job off in any other fashion, so they left without the job having been signed off.

Oh! And I forgot to mention, I withheld a sizeable amount of their bill, which was 10%, until I was happy and then gave them the remainder when I signed it off, a week later! 

They kept me waiting, so I kept them waiting!

PS. Casero were faultless, they provided everything they said they were going to do, and more.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 12:25 PM by valverde Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

I'm afraid it seems a number of furniture companies fail to live up to their promise. We are in Costa Blanca south and used a furniture package company in the Murcia region, could write a book on the problems which are still not completely resolved. It has been more stressful than dealing with a Spanish builder! My theory is their has been so much work around for these companies during the building boom they either couldn't cope or didn't care. At the moment they are busy due to people like us who reserved properties 3-5 years ago and moving in now. I'm a big believer in Karma........

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 12:42 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes we used the furniture pack that our agent recommended they were very good.  But we did have trouble with the washing machine we rang the agent and they came out the same day to fix it.  So try your agent first.                                                          Casero were faultless  they provided everything and more. mmmmmmm I can imagine.   Pat

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 12:45 PM by fruityloop Star rating in London, UK. 10 posts Send private message

fruityloop´s avatar
Hello everyone,

I have just telephoned ADH to complain about DHI.  The lady seemed genuinely shocked (or maybe I'm just naive) and said that problems like this are very rare.  She said that she's going to contact the lady "in charge" and get this sorted out immediately.

Luckily all of the white goods (fridge/freezer, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher, cooker) were all brand new as part of the new build so we don't have to worry about those.  I am going to shout and scream until someone listens to me or gets so thoroughly sick of me they do something.

I wouldn't mind the fact that they've made an error in the beds, if someone would have the decency to actually communicate with me.

Needless to say, at this point in time, I cannot recommend Dream Home Interiors.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 12:51 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Right sounds like you have the ball rolling you should get it sorted now. Yes our's was a brand new washing machine but they had left something on it so it did not work, but it was fixed in a few minutes.   Well good Luck let's hope you get a result.   Pat

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 2:55 PM by fruityloop Star rating in London, UK. 10 posts Send private message

fruityloop´s avatar
Hello everyone,

Just heard today via a source in Spain that DHI have ceased trading.

When you call their number you now get a Spanish answerphone message.

I telephoned ADH and am in contact with someone there.  I'm being promised contact after meetings have taken place.....but not much contact has been forthcoming.

We are now in the process of finding out whether we can instigate credit card chargebacks.  We've been told by our banks here in the UK that we should be able to do this.

Any advice would be very greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 2:59 PM by mikey123 Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

We are selling our 2-bed 2-bathroom apartment on the Arenal Golf Development, Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol in June09. We would like to sell our furniture separately.

The apartment is beautifully furnished with all the furniture in great condition and all fully functional. It is also to a much better specification than the expensive furniture packs you can get and has many additional items, so that you will not have to buy anything else for your apartment.

Please look on our website to see photos; http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/homedisplay.asp?home_id=28599&force=true

We’re over 12th to 20th April, if anyone would like to view things.

All our furniture and accessories must go, it includes;

1x beautiful teak garden table

6x teak garden chairs

1x very large BBQ (and BBQ utensils)

1 x Malm Ikea king size bed with duvet, pillows and bedding

2 x Malm Ikea single beds with duvets, pillows and bedding

4 x Malm Ikea bed side tables

4x small Ikea Malm 2 drawer chest of drawers

2x Large Malm Ikea 3 drawer chest of drawers

2 x Medium Malm Ikea 3 drawer chest of drawers

2 x brown 3-seater leather sofa beds

2x oak Ikea Malm storage boxes

1x large dining room mirror (circa 2m x 1m)

2x stained glass mirrors (circa 1.5m x 1m)

1 x large glass Ikea coffee table

1 x Ikea glass fronted tv,dvd/video cabinet

1x oak cd / dvd rack

1x Goodmans t.v (inc dvd player and controllers)

3 sets of Ikea cream curtains and 3 x curtain poles (inc ends) 

Locally made lamps (about 2m tall)

3x bedside lamps

1 x Large Ikea Oak Dinning table (can seat upto 8)

6x wooden dining room chairs

Crockery, untensils, mats, pots and pans

Cups, bowls, cutlery, glasses and plates for 6 people (and spares)

Wooden salad bowls

White serving dishes

Leather place mats and coasters

1x kettle

1x toaster

1x coffee percolator

All white goods (washing machine, dishwasher, fridge / freezer)

1x steam iron and ironing board

brushes and mop / bucket

various framed pictures

2x silver toilet brushes

and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Breakdown of flight costs - 1 posts
singer - 0 posts
Singer required - 1 posts
Marbella Court protects a promoter who sold illegal floors - 2 posts
Moped Wanted - 1 posts
Problems with Ryanair website - 2 posts
Holiday home owners warned they buy at their own risk - 0 posts
Question for Georgia (or anyone else that can answer) - 0 posts
TELMICRO BACK? - 24 posts
Community fees - expected to pay more! - 13 posts
ESCRITURA - 20 posts
Help with postage, posting a letter. - 6 posts
Jacuzzis/Hot Tubs - 17 posts
title deed - 5 posts
mobile homes - 1 posts
mortgage protection - 9 posts
doyouspain.com vs carjet.com - 14 posts
how do we go about getting all of our deposit back - 5 posts
ME TOO ! ! - 0 posts
GMTV: We're looking for expat families... - 0 posts
Unfurnished Duplex availabe for long term rent - 5 posts
FOR SALE: LHD FORD FOCUS GHIA 1.8 TDCi - 4 posts
Spanish I.B.I. bill. - 4 posts
Bad Tenants - 27 posts
Credit crunch times can play in favour of consumers.... why not? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x