TELMICRO BACK?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Seen on another forum

Hi
Following a posting by someone else, have re connected the coship box and about half dozen channels back on, they are the ones paid for by Telmicro plus Sky news, BBC news - hopefully more to come!!

Seems to depend on which way your ariel is facing as not everyone is getting them.

Seems to be positive news anyway, so switch on and see what you get.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 9:19 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi semijubilada great news for your area bye irene

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 9:36 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Thanks Irene - It doesn't effect me at the moment as I've got another 4 weeks before I go out to Spain.

I'm looking at these threads mainly because I need to make a decision about whether to cancel my direct debit

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 9:20 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

I switched on T.V. last night and some channels were on.
Switched on this morning and there are only small t.v.screens on the right
hand side of the screen which are now  blocked out with another posting made
up of words. Cannot even see small screen yet. Keeps jumping to normal screen 
then back to small blocked out screen. I think Telemicro are just tuning it
all in a bit at a time. WILL WAIT AND SEE.

coolyes

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 10:14 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Latest news

"called 902512930 and they told me only the people receiving from the Montesinos transmitter have telly, those from other transmitters (like mine - La Mata) will be back on when they get more equipment back"

Hopefully it will all be back on by middle of September as promised.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 11:39 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
As I posted last night in "Telemicro Gone" thread:

I only get this on screen "E52 Searching for signal"

Still the same this morning but will keep looking today and let you knowif anything happens!

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 2:21 PM by El Jefe Star rating in Aguas Nuevas, Torrev.... 17 posts Send private message

El Jefe´s avatar

TV BLACKOUT TO CONTINUE

BBC and Sky deny transmission rights in Spain

By Dave Jones
THE BBC told CB News this week that no company based in Spain has a licence to show its public service channels.

They stated that it is illegal to rebroadcast these channels in Spain without a licence from them.

The BBC and Sky have both told CB News that companies that do this are breaking copyright laws.

A spokesman for the BBC explained this week that the BBC’s public service channels –BBC1, BBC2 and the digital channels – are produced for broadcast in the UK only.

He added that although European law allows channels that are broadcast in an EEA (European Economic Area) country to be licensed for cable redistribution in another EEA country, the BBC only currently licenses cable redistribution in the Republic of Ireland, Belgium and the Netherlands.

“The BBC’s public service channels are not licensed for broadcast in any other countries,” the spokesman added.

“Our international news channel, BBC World News is distributed in Spain.

“BBC Worldwide’s international general entertainment channel, BBC Prime, is licensed directly to individual subscribers in Spain but is not currently licensed to a cable, satellite or other platform.”

But he added that cable operators in Spain could come to an agreement with the BBC, as they have done in the Benelux countries.
He continued: “If a cable operator wishes to redistribute the BBC’s channels it must enter into a licence with the BBC and other underlying rights holders.

“The BBC can choose whether or not to license the BBC’s public service channels for redistribution in this way.”

BskyB has already stated that it is illegal to receive its programmes in Spain.

A spokesman said: “We authorise the reception of Sky TV in the UK and Ireland only.

“Our terms and conditions expressly prohibit reception elsewhere in Europe.”

BBC Prime clients can use their own equipment to view English programmes with more information available at www.bbcprime.com
It is an encrypted channel and customers need to buy a subscription to receive a smart card which enables them to receive up to 50 channels with BBC Prime being just one of them.

A BBC Prime spokesman added: “Live coverage or highlights of sporting events is not something that BBC Prime includes in its schedules.
“We do not have international transmission rights to the action.
“International rights to the pictures have to be bought on the open market and payment made for European or global transmission.
“Often the international rights are held by a number of different channels with exclusivity clauses for their territory, and so are unavailable to us.”

Also this week the Guardia Civil revealed that the investigation into Costa Blanca rebroadcasting company Telmicro Levante SL remains ongoing.

A Guardia Civil spokesman in Alicante said: “We cannot give any information about the investigation.

“The judge must establish when the investigation is finished and when we are allowed to give information.

“Clients interested in getting information must go to Torrevieja’s court.
“They can present a formal complaint if they have a contract signed with Telmicro and they feel the contract has been broken.

“The judge would then decide whether the complaint is accepted or not and which crime if any the company might have committed.”

djones@cbnews.es

Fiesta sparkle

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 11:46 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi,
I am based in formentera (hence the user name),we have about 14 channels
back on BUT they are nearly all duplicated which means we only have about
7 different channels on. Hope they will come back on over the next couple of
weeks. I am getting withdrawel symptoms from missing my emmerdale.

coolyes

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 12:03 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

Hi everybody,
Glad that the tv is starting to come back on, but I can watch all of
my soaps now as got back to SUNNY !  england yesterday.
NO honestly I would rather be without my tv and have the lovely
warm weather back in spain.Anyway all you people take care and thanks
to everyone for all help with my queries.

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 05/09/2010.

GYPSY

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 7:57 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

More info found on another forum

Additional announcement entered on their site today:

TELMICRO STATEMENT

(added August 31st)

1. We are pleased to announce that we are able to once again restart broadcasting.

2. We are transmitting a limited service for the time being.

3. Within a short time we intend to implement a normal service.

4. We would like to express our most sincere gratitude to our loyal customers for their patience.

5. For any further information:
info@telmicro.es or telephone: 902 512 930 weekdays from 10am to 5pm

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 8:32 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
TV still searching for signal here in Playa Flamenca, how frustrating!

Still, never mind, as we watched The Cinder Path (Catherine Cookson) from our DVD collection last night, it was really good!

I knew those DVD's we have had in the drawer for the last 4 years would come into their own one day!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 8:48 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I have a large collection of newspaper dvd's out in Spain and my neighbour is watching one of these each evening.  

Telmicro did say they would be back by middle of September so still a little while to go.

By all accounts you're not missing much, at least if you fall asleep watching a dvd you can catch up on what you've missed.  

I sometimes miss the end of a programme and can never find someone who's seen it to let me know what happened.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2008 11:16 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Found on another forum

LATEST NEWS

(updated September 2nd)

Telmicro is broadcasting again. Customers on the Montesinos transmitter have been receiving some channels since last Saturday. It is our intention to be broadcasting to as many of our customers as possible by the end of this week.

We have been given permission to restart broadcasting. To begin with, it is a restricted service comprising of some of the channels that the company has contracted to retransmit. Telmicro´s clients have got to know these channels very well over the last year, such as MGM, Cinestar, XTRM Film Channel, Sci-Fi, Calle 13, Fox, National Geographic and many others. In addition, we will be showing some of the terrestrial programs.

Telmicro is working very hard to contract and provide even more channels that will appeal to our customers.

Telmicro will not make any charges to their customers for a month after the service has been resumed in their area. The second month will be half price and thereafter the monthly charges will be at a reduced rate.

I sent an e-mail to Telmicro in regard to whether they would be able to broadcast BBC, ITV, C4 & C5, below is their reply:-

''Dear Customer,

We are awaiting confirmation on the main British channels at this time. We will be issuing out information on our website
www.telmicro.es as soon as we have it.

Please be aware that the outcome of this will affect ALL re-broadcasters in Spain.

Than you for your support,

Telmicro Levante''

Like 0      
02 Sep 2008 11:25 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Yes!
Thanks Semi, just turned on and I have some channels!
They must have come on this morning as there was nothing there last night at midnight!
I am sooooooo excited!
How ridiculous is that?!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
02 Sep 2008 12:06 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Our favourite channel is in the line up, waiting to see if Hallmark will be added.

Interested to see how much this new line up is going to cost.  We'll probably carry on subscribing even if the terrestorial channels don't come back on.

Will miss CSI on channel 5 but will just have to set the video before I come out.

Now if they could get FX so I could watch the latest NCIS I'd be a very happy bunny but as that's on cable/sky I very much doubt it.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 1:46 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Just watching the Telmicro info chanel......................................and guess what is the accompanying music ?????

THE GREAT PRETENDER.................................hmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 10:17 PM by mrskytv Star rating in Alicante & Malaga. 31 posts Send private message

mrskytv´s avatar

Have read in the press that Telmicro will be transmitting free in the Orihuela Costa area, they will only be transmiting BBC ITV etc.

Does anyone know why and how  they are brodcasting again?

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 9:36 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I did hear that too

i understand that they were found not to be broadcasting illegally after all.

If you check the online version of Costa Blanca News, do a search on Telemicro, it should bring up the archived article.

I don't know what their charges will be or what channels they can provide.

Hope this helps

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 10:21 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I think there are two suggested reasons why they were stopped from broadcasting in the first place

1 was tax issues

2 was squabbling between various rebroadcasters

They have their transmitters and permissions for transmission back, nd are promising Free TV in various areas - ie no subscriptions for the main UK channels - so they are only making money on the installations of systems - whih if you have the correct antennae and know the frequencies any one can install themselves, so makes you wonder who they are making money - or is it some type of vendetta against other rebroadcasters....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 1:15 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

The last article I read in RTN said that you would have to have a small dish installed to pick up the free broadcast of 12 channels (I think)

I don't think they will have many takers, even though I inherited the TV system when I bought the house I still had to pay 160e when they changed over to Digital from Annologue.  Most people have paid a lot more and not received any refund when they went under.

Think most people will stay with Simulsat if they haven't already moved over to Torresat/Ole.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community fees - expected to pay more! - 13 posts
ESCRITURA - 20 posts
Help with postage, posting a letter. - 6 posts
Jacuzzis/Hot Tubs - 17 posts
title deed - 5 posts
mobile homes - 1 posts
mortgage protection - 9 posts
doyouspain.com vs carjet.com - 14 posts
how do we go about getting all of our deposit back - 5 posts
ME TOO ! ! - 0 posts
GMTV: We're looking for expat families... - 0 posts
Unfurnished Duplex availabe for long term rent - 5 posts
FOR SALE: LHD FORD FOCUS GHIA 1.8 TDCi - 4 posts
Spanish I.B.I. bill. - 4 posts
Bad Tenants - 27 posts
Credit crunch times can play in favour of consumers.... why not? - 0 posts
Marina D'or holiday rentals - 0 posts
Money back through Credit Card Companies - 1 posts
Steve James? - Sky Card Supplier - 4 posts
WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THE PROGRAMS YOU'RE MISSING? TRY THIS - 9 posts
La Torre Keyholder - 0 posts
Reliable agent - 6 posts
Contract Term for Off Plan Purchase - 17 posts
Los Naranjos - 0 posts
Looking to rent - agent recommendations? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x