Money back through Credit Card Companies

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
I have got the decission by the House of Lords which upholds decission on credit card cover for overseas purchases, it says among other information:

It confirms that credit card issuers are individually an djointly liable with suppliers if a consumer has a valid claim against the supplier for misrepresentation or breach of contract. This applies to overseas purchases where the price is above 100 pounds but no more than 30.000 pounds.

- The consumer protection afforded by section 75 allows for the possibility of monay that seemed lost on a credit card purchase being claimed back.

- If you pay by credit card you can claim your money back from the credit card company if the seller fails to honour the contract, or the item is faulty or if the seller wrongly describes it or if the supplier goes out of business.

-You do not have to attempt to claim your money back from the seller first, the credit card company is individually liable

-If you are buying an item costing over 100 pounds and you are asked for a deposit, consider paying the deposit by credit card

-You are not covered by section 75 if you use a debit or charge card

-If using your credit card abroad, you will need to work out whether the purchase price amounts to more than the sterling equivalent of 100 pounds and less than 30.000 pounds.

If any of you wants me to send the full note. Please let me know.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 3:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That is interesting to know. I was always lead to believe this only applied to goods bought within the UK. I bought some electrical items from the USA a few years ago (credit card heaven ) and one became faulty. The credit card company wouldn't entertain a claim, but luckily Wal Mart had since bought Asda and Asda in the UK were good enough to sort the problem.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Steve James? - Sky Card Supplier - 4 posts
WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THE PROGRAMS YOU'RE MISSING? TRY THIS - 9 posts
La Torre Keyholder - 0 posts
Reliable agent - 6 posts
Contract Term for Off Plan Purchase - 17 posts
Los Naranjos - 0 posts
Looking to rent - agent recommendations? - 1 posts
James Rowley - 0 posts
Our Holiday Experience - 1 posts
Players needed for the new season.... - 0 posts
Footie in Montesinos - 4 posts
Halogen Cooker - 17 posts
Community handover - 1 posts
Tax Form 215, Any Advice ? - 4 posts
CAR WANTED - 6 posts
ACCOMMODATION WANTED - short/long let - Coin, Malaga - 0 posts
List of ITEMS FOR SALE - Mijas, Malaga - 1 posts
Community blogspot/website - 0 posts
Broadband, Landlines and Mobile Phones - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - why are friends so negative! - 11 posts
Certificate of non Residence - 27 posts
Jim & Marie Cregeen from Calasparra, N.W.Murcia - 0 posts
insurance worrk - 0 posts
Cleaner and local doctor - 0 posts
Duquesa Village - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x