Halogen Cooker

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by jan.woodhouse Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Does anyone know where I can buy a lookalike JML Halogen Oven. I live in the Torrevieja area. I keep getting blank looks from the local shop assistants....

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 7:52 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Is this the one that looks like a large casserole dish with a lid that has a timer on the top?

If so then I think I've seen them in the large electrical shop on the corner of the road where the church is.  Sorry I'm hopeless with the names of the roads but if you are standing facing the church you turn left and walk past the ayunmiento and tourist information until you get to the T junction, the electrical shop is on that corner.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 5:44 PM by jan.woodhouse Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for that. Will let you know if it's the right one.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 5:52 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

It looked like the one I've got in my garage, as long as we're talking about the same thing

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 6:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

27 Aug 2008 7:26 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Looked at link but they don't deliver to Spain, flags in site, UK, Ireland and Germany.

I found picture on website and it is the same as ours.  Hopefully they still have it for sale in shop, can't remember when I saw it in window.

Why don't you print off the picture and take it with you, it might save the blank looks.

I thought it was a convection cooker, did wonder about taking ours out to use when it's hot.  It would be easyier to use than the oven.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 7:27 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Looked at link but they don't deliver to Spain, flags in site, UK, Ireland and Germany.

I found picture on website and it is the same as ours.  Hopefully they still have it for sale in shop, can't remember when I saw it in window.

Why don't you print off the picture and take it with you, it might save the blank looks.

I thought it was a convection cooker, did wonder about taking ours out to use when it's hot.  It would be easyier to use than the oven.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 7:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
When you first visit, there is a link beneath the 3 flags which says "Click here for other countries not listed above". Don't know if that does anything? Also, there are links to sales outlets that may well send the items to Spain.

Mar

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 11:49 AM by Mooma Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi
This looks brilliant! I have a Remoska (bought from Lakeland - dont think you can get it from anywhere else), which I use in Spain. It looks as though this works in a very similar way. It is much better than using the oven - doesnt generate any where near as much heat, is extremely cheap to run (equivalent to a light bulb), and you can use it almost anywhere as long as there is an electricity supply. However, I wish I had known about the JLM one before as the Remoska doesnt self clean and was a good bit more expensive.

Like 0      
10 May 2010 10:10 PM by mikeinspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

mikeinspain´s avatar

Hi folks

These ovens (JML) are for sale in a well known UK supermarket over here on the Costa Blanca for €74.99 plus €14.99 for the extension ring.

I am able to supply the same oven, INCLUDING the extension ring for €55 with a two year guarantee.  Included are 2 roasting racks, a perforated tray, a lid stand and tongs to lift items from the oven.

The only difference is that the name is not JML.  I will supply instructions in English too.

Please contact me after 8.30pm on 630086151 or email me, i'm on gmail and my ID is mikeinspain

Thanks

Mike

Like 0      
10 May 2010 11:05 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Link to JML distributors in Spain Costa Blanca

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
11 May 2010 8:30 AM by mikeinspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

mikeinspain´s avatar

That's it.... €20 more than my price!

Thanks for the comparison fb.

Like 0      
11 May 2010 8:55 AM by LEEANNE Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I've seen these in a few markets. One I remember is on a reputable english stall in San Miguel de Salinas. Priced about  50 euros, but not sure if it included an extra ring.

Like 0      
11 May 2010 9:33 AM by snorkychopper Star rating in England / Spain. 226 posts Send private message

snorkychopper´s avatar

Jan

We brought one of these in the Yorkshire Linens ship in Mazarron (above the consum and opposite the LIDL stores) and can recommend them 100%, brilliant piece of kit, we own 3 of them !

Mark

Like 0      
11 May 2010 2:19 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

we have one too. As Mark says they are brilliant. Bought ours about 6 years ago and still going strong. Always bake my Christmas cake in it as I do not trust the temperature of my Spanish gas cooker.

Jean

Like 0      
12 May 2010 7:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I've seen these demonstrated on about every market I've visited around our area of Guardamar for around 50€ . 

I was just looking in a tiny brochure that has come inside our TV guide. (I'm currently in the UK). It's from the Easy Life Group  & details are here. 

'powerful 1000W oven cooks entire meals in one go in its generous 27cm wide 16 cm deep removable, easy to clean, glass body. Supplied with 2 cooking racks which can be used simultaneously, it also features a timer, safety switch, thaw mode and self cleaning function'

£39.99 with an extended 2 yr guarantee. Postage and packing charge is £3.99 per order (UK)

Click blue links!  Great price for members in the UK.

Photos taken from here. 

Like 0      
12 May 2010 9:06 PM by mikeinspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

mikeinspain´s avatar

Good price!

Albeit 1000w instead of 1300w - not quite as powerful....

Like 0      
06 Oct 2012 11:05 AM by mikeinspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

mikeinspain´s avatar

This message was last edited by mikeinspain on 30/01/2018.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community handover - 1 posts
Tax Form 215, Any Advice ? - 4 posts
CAR WANTED - 6 posts
ACCOMMODATION WANTED - short/long let - Coin, Malaga - 0 posts
List of ITEMS FOR SALE - Mijas, Malaga - 1 posts
Community blogspot/website - 0 posts
Broadband, Landlines and Mobile Phones - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - why are friends so negative! - 11 posts
Certificate of non Residence - 27 posts
Jim & Marie Cregeen from Calasparra, N.W.Murcia - 0 posts
insurance worrk - 0 posts
Cleaner and local doctor - 0 posts
Duquesa Village - 9 posts
3% TAX ON SELLING PRICE - 1 posts
ONE YEAR DOWN THE LINE - 8 posts
clause to be included for Spanish wills (for british) - 0 posts
Buying & Registering a Spanish car in Spain - 14 posts
Telephone & internet connections - 1 posts
Best Places to Live - 0 posts
Gardens of Manilva - 15 posts
Work in spain?? =S - 4 posts
Nearly There ! - 10 posts
Find spaish friends !! - 0 posts
HOWABOUT LOOKING A SEEING HOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS LIVE - 4 posts
Manilva Beach Phase 3 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x