bank guarantees nothing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by chindo Star rating. 52 posts Send private message

hi   with all the problems with bank guarantees i think they are a joke and mean nothing . i would beg anyone thinking of buying off plan to reconsider .wait till the development is built [you may wait a long time] . agents and developers rush you in to buying saying demand is strong  . if you wait you may pay more but at least you wont have the headache  . off plan and bank guarantees should carry a health warning like cigarette packets and should be banned .agents and developers must have a laugh at all of us .  only way to  get back at them  is to stop off plan purchases so they  build what they promise to the standard they show you in  there office or show house .at least then your solicitors can do all the  checks or if like my case the developer has allegedly obtained land or permission illeagley and get caugth its there problem not ours . so please if you anyone thinking of buying off plan give them some good advice [dont]

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 2:35 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I totally agree.  It's fine to recite the law as it stands on the books but the fact is, it is not adhered to by either the courts, banks or the deveklopers - they manipulate it to their own advantage.  I would also give the same advice to anyone thinking of buying this way - it's just not safe and is fraught with troubles.  Anyway, now there must be a zillion already built properties on the market to choose from - I wish my timing had been better and I certainly wouldn't have gone this route.   

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 2:45 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Bank Guarantees are being honoured by some banks and if they are not...... bad option.... as an executive judicial procedure will be enough for its inmediate  execution and they will be imposed with legal costs. These procedures are fast and easy to be won.

I really cannot understand why these Banks/ Insurance companies are not honouring them, but what I can certainly understand very well is that Judges will execute them and legal fees will be imposed on them... for sure.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long or short term - 2 posts
I have posted some more recent 'Construction photos' - 11 posts
Beginners step by step guide to Polaris completion - 16 posts
Dot EU Websites. - 7 posts
On a brighter note............... - 21 posts
Menopausal ? - 11 posts
polaris world spain uncovered - the truth..... - 0 posts
problems with a bank guarantee - 11 posts
Internet Broadband - 10 posts
Trading on Spainish Markets - 4 posts
Corvera Golf resort Murcia - 2 posts
CORVERA GOLF RESORT MURCIA - 1 posts
Another Car Exchange - Have UK BMW 728 want Spanish Registered Car - 4 posts
Benimar, Benijofar and Rojales - 15 posts
Telefonica .. No shop, no problem! - 6 posts
DRIVERS! - Don't get nicked! - 2 posts
Body piercing in Spain - 0 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - 3 posts
More bomb blasts in Malaga area - 0 posts
Another Earthquake - 19 posts
where do we start???? - 4 posts
Alcaidesa: the unknown area - 10 posts
Looking for places to eat around Condado de Alhama - 9 posts
Brilliant Spanish forum, members helping with translating everything imaginable - 0 posts
Hotel.com great offer.Grab £25 voucher to get free worldwide rooms. (A Martin moneysaver). - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x