Trading on Spainish Markets

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by memuva Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

We are hoping to relocate to Spain in 18 months to 2 years, like most people we are not lottery winners and have to work to earn a living in the Uk I'm a Sales Manager & my husband is a Driving Instructor we know that our current careers will not be possible in Spain for a number of reasons. My husband was a former market trader so we do have contacts for a number of different lines we could sell, we have been told that it is not easy and almost impossible to be a English trader on a Spanish market but there is the car boot markets where you can trade. Any information would be appreciated we are looking at Costa Blanca South/Costa Calida, how many of these markets are about???

Moving away from markets and a different track altogether any Hairdressers out in the Costa's Where do you get your hair & beauty supplies from?

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Regarding markets, many were closed down recently as they didn't have correct permissions. I read that in the Torrevieja forums. I guess stall holders got their licences sorted as I've not heard anything more about it & I know I would've done. Car boots ones are often in with the food & clothes etc markets as well as being on their own. Google Torrevieja forums & join the dot uk one.  A few on there have hairdressing places or mobile rounds & beauty places so you can ask in there.

Their members aren't as pleasant as ours so don't leave us.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/18/2008.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:59 PM by memuva Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you for the info it is much appreciated, I promise I won't leave this forum however it's back to the grind stone again tomorrow and my bed is calling zzzzzzzzzzzz

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 9:10 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

We had a couple of boot sales a week just outside Torrevieja in Punta Prima but they were closed down.  They were very popular and people were often seen crossing the 332,in between the traffic, as they were at opposite sides of this very busy road.  There were a lot of complaints about the parking, maybe this is the reason that they decided to close them down, it must have been costly as it demanded a police presence.  That may be the reason that they decided to demand that everyone who wanted to sell goods there should have a licence, even the ones who were selling their own household items rather than new goods.

A new market was set up just outside Crevillente? and a couple of people on the T.co.uk site have got licences to trade there.  Hopefully they will be able to explain the procedure to get one.

I have met a few English traders in the markets, I would imagine you would have to go for a large market, Torrevieja for instance, to be able to get a space.

The main thing is research, what will sell.  There's a lot of competition out there and you would have to find something unique that the other 1k stalls don't have.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 1:18 PM by memuva Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for your comments it's much appreciated

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Corvera Golf resort Murcia - 2 posts
CORVERA GOLF RESORT MURCIA - 1 posts
Another Car Exchange - Have UK BMW 728 want Spanish Registered Car - 4 posts
Benimar, Benijofar and Rojales - 15 posts
Telefonica .. No shop, no problem! - 6 posts
DRIVERS! - Don't get nicked! - 2 posts
Body piercing in Spain - 0 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - 3 posts
More bomb blasts in Malaga area - 0 posts
Another Earthquake - 19 posts
where do we start???? - 4 posts
Alcaidesa: the unknown area - 10 posts
Looking for places to eat around Condado de Alhama - 9 posts
Brilliant Spanish forum, members helping with translating everything imaginable - 0 posts
Hotel.com great offer.Grab £25 voucher to get free worldwide rooms. (A Martin moneysaver). - 0 posts
hola to all veranda - 1 posts
hola to all veranda - 0 posts
Recent Visit - 2 posts
Watched via the PC, alternative "TV" in Spain - 14 posts
Los Hidalgos Manilva - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Leaving the rat race - 18 posts
PRESIDENT OF A COMMUNITY - 34 posts
Olympic Men's Four Final - 4 posts
JET2 FLIGHT CHANGE 2009 - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x