Tax Forms - where to download from

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by DaveAilsa Star rating in Tallentire, UK, Los .... 101 posts Send private message

Hi,
Does anyone know how to download, for instance, Form 214 ?  I'm sure it can be done from www.aeat.es but am not having any luck in finding the page.

Dave

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 7:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Dave, here you are ... 214 FORM

I posted how to fill it in too in here Looking for a fiscal representitive...  24th May, 2008 1.57pm

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:10 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi what is a 214 form and what tax is this for thanks irene

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:15 PM by DaveAilsa Star rating in Tallentire, UK, Los .... 101 posts Send private message

Hi Irene,
It's a form used to pay your Wealth Tax and Imputed Income Tax if you are a non-resident and do not rent out your property.

See here for more info:

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/tax-and-pensions/non-residents.htm

Dave

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:24 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi,

You used to be able to download the form - but it has been suspended. THis could be due to the promised suspension of the wealth tax....but who knows??

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:32 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi we only bought in the middle of november 07 so i hope its not much to pay thanks irene

This message was last edited by irenemontague on 8/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Isn't anyone reading my answers ? I gave Dave the download !!!

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:40 PM by DaveAilsa Star rating in Tallentire, UK, Los .... 101 posts Send private message

Yes - I've just downloaded it !  Thanks  More...
I'm now trying to work out how to specify only a portion of a year - we completed at the end of April last year so I would have thought we would pay about 2/3rds of the normal amount - but it seems you can only specify a whole year - am I being too hopeful ?

Dave

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:55 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I bought in October and I paid just a little bit less the following year to what I paid the year after that.

I think it's been quoted on here before that you pay a full year Patrimonio (Wealth tax) and part year for Renta.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 10:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Dave I show you HOW to fill it in (see my 1st post)

Click link >>  Looking for a fiscal representitive...  24th May, 2008 1.57pm

Wealth tax needs to be paid this year for LAST year as it's paid a year IN ARREARS.

Wealth tax payable for a WHOLE YEAR from 1st Jan to 31st Dec & renta for part year for you in 2007, so whatever date in April 2007 to 31st Dec.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 10:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Irene, if you only bought in Nov 07 you should instruct a local fiscal rep to sort your taxes out (cost around 75€ each maybe) or try to do it yourself. 

You have to pay by 31st Dec 08 for the year ending 31st Dec 07 (year in arrears)

You pay a whole year wealth tax & a proportion of the year for the renta tax. Renta tax is paid if you don't ever rent your property out. If you do rent it out then you legally are not to submit form 214 although many do !! I get very angry when people rent their places out & decide not to pay their due taxes as the Spanish govt has decided, because this happens, to demand that those like my husband & I pay a certain renta tax based on the value of our property. People comment "it's not much" but each of us, as joint owners so we file a 214 each, paid over 70€ the past two years & I think 280€ which I hadn't earned is disgusting. We are subsidising those who won't abide by Spain's tax laws, they are defrauding Spain.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 8:19 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

That's why RENTA was brought in.  The Spanish government couldn't understand why anyone would buy a property to use for only part of the year.  The assumption was you must be renting it out and not declaring the tax.

You can let family and friends use it BUT if the government agencies find out that you are advertising your property on websites and not declaring the income then you will be caught eventually.

There are a lot of properties near ours which are owned by people who live in the North (Leon?) I wonder if they have to pay Renta as well.

I've never been over in August but I gather that the area is unrecognisable with all the people who are there for their annual two weeks.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 6:59 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Why do you pay tax for a year for 5 to 6 weeks for 07 is it worth doing the forms for that ?bye irene

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 7:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
It's THE LAW Irene, like paying taxes in the UK. Anyway on the 214 form it covers your renta tax which is just for the time you've owned your property as well as for your wealth tax which is for the full 12 months.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/7/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

11 month rental wanted - 3 posts
Caverners Bar Santiago de la Ribera - 0 posts
Via T Toll Cards - 2 posts
Via T Toll Card !! - 10 posts
Hi from me. - 2 posts
Legal rentals. - 4 posts
Rock Climbing in Manilva - 13 posts
fuel charges - 3 posts
Few Household Things (moving back to UK) - 0 posts
SOMEONE PLS HELP ME IM DESPERATE! - 2 posts
earthquake - 21 posts
Delayed Completion - 2 posts
ADVERTS ON EYEONSPAIN - 1 posts
need somewhere to stay?? - 7 posts
advice please? installing sky dishes - 10 posts
Wanted: Air con installer & electrician for quotes (Algorfa/Quesada are) - 6 posts
NIE Spanish consulate London - 0 posts
"The Venue", a great night out (by El Raso urb, along the CV895 from N332 to Quesada, Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Dedicated to our wonderful Maria de Castro who helps so many realise their dreams. Please convey your thanks here. - 26 posts
EXTRA TAXES TO COMPENSATE THE JUNTA? - 3 posts
Hi from Fuerteventura ! - 0 posts
WANTED : cot and high chair - 4 posts
Duja/Michael Hone - 3 posts
I.B.I. Taxes Estepona - 4 posts
Hi, Just introducing ourselves, Andrew and Denise from Essex. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x